GDT: 2019 Trade Deadline (Two Sabres trades!!)

How many trades do the Sabres make?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
For starters Skinner has a NMC and can block any move (how do you think we ended up getting him for so little). And the picks we would have acquired would all be late first rounders and have very little difference quality wise from second round picks. Those picks have minimal value.

Do late first round picks have minimal value, or can they be traded for current NHL talent? Asking for a friend, and evidently an entire message board of sabres fans.

Reactions: Digable5

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Do late first round picks have minimal value, or can they be traded for current NHL talent? Asking for a friend, and evidently an entire message board of sabres fans.

1sts have value. The standard for quality UFAs are a 1st+ a prospect

This year playoffs are tight. Assuming buffalo is fading you currently have 9 teams fighting for 8 spots. That means 1 team is out and their pick is around 15. Similar in the west where 5th to 11th are only 8 pts apart. Teams trading 1st coukd be trading a pick at 11 or 12.

Teams are not going to give a 1st if they can avoid it.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Unless it's a cap dump the odds that someone will give you a good player for a late first isn't something I would count on.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The scariest thing about this team is how many of these players are under contract for next year. Half our players who have managed more than 10 goals in 60 games aren’t...but f*** if that entire defense isn’t still here.

GM everything is going great should see to that.

Buff15Sabres

Mar 23, 2017
Name the last impact player who was traded at the deadline and was a UFA at season end signs with team who traded him? Just trying to gauge a Skinner trade then him resigning with us.

Matt Moulson!

We traded him to Minnesota as a rental and then re-signed him as a UFA a few months later.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Unless it's a cap dump the odds that someone will give you a good player for a late first isn't something I would count on.
Seems less or a conditional 20 20 to dump cap may get us or someone else Wennburg if they can figure the injury? concuss ? insider probs that had him go from 60 points to half for teo years.

anyone know ?

...and can we steal Foligno back as our C*A owner must have some dirt or cash for columbus.. A extra spot in the mountain tunnel complex for the Kolbrin.. A front for fracking on galactica must have some pull lighting faucets on fire .. @joke.co.. creates random word patterns for fun w dates ..pronouns amd pranking those you love..

Last edited:

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Hope we due our due diligence aa owner scouting Hurricanes power forward ..and Dzingel ( we have highest conditional pick if signed since they have none) and Wennburg .. ( Hes 6 2 ..saw interesting comparisons and no injury info to explain falling off cliff to needing out of Columbus to being next Leino)
And the Ho Sang idea would be great love change scenes attitude etc. like signing Simmonds as one of our two new tough guys next year. .( hoped Bailey trade was part of hand shake agreement. but we fell out of 8th)

Looking at Depth chart adding wjc players to Asplund Ollie etc

and laughing as Borgen decided to punch his way onto next years team.. everyone sees our needs ..

And will injured Alex play like camp etc or be next change of scene guy.. We are Two big skilled top six top nine and a sniper away from conpeting and protecting our kids.

I thought he would do nothing but now ...I think he needs to show commitment to gaining the pieces to prove to Skinner they compete hard this year to guaratee playoffs next year.
Adding a good piece says .done re building nets two for conditional first if he can find the right one.. He seems good drafter can he find another deal of does he spend a first to keep faith sign our perrenial 40 goal man .. Its way more interesting than past 7 years.

Last edited:

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
I like Wennberg for the sabres. I would like to see salary retained and McCabe would have never gotten you Wennberg two years ago.

Wennberg is soft like butter but fast so he will fit right in. He is from Sweden too so he has that going for him. I think a change of scenery would do him good. His stock is at an all time low. Worth a chance I think.
At this point soft forwards is not what we need

Reactions: MagnumForce2

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
I would say one move that includes one of their D.
Which one is hard to tell.
I would rather keep Beaulieu over Nelson/Hunwick/Scandella/McCabe.
But I guess it will be him...

I hope they dont waste assets and I guess they wont.
Its a bit too late and their play doesn't suggest that they can mantain any sort of consistency to stay in the hunt.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Nelson is decent size, moves the puck and shoots right. I would not be prepared to give him up lightly. I think McCabe can play in this league even if not in top 4 and would like to keep him. Beaulieu will battle but we have a lot of LD. If we want to keep going this year then we keep him. Scandella and Hunwick are up for grabs then for anyone prepared to take on their salary and give us a late pick or Rochester help. My 2 cents.

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
We traded a top center for a late first, a meh prospect and 2 cap dumps. We just gotta find a sucker stupider than our GM.
Best post of the year so far. The thing that makes it so funny is that it’s true.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
What’s everybody’s rank order on potential pieces in or out?

For me, off the top of my head:

1 - Jonathan Huberdeau in
2 - Scandella out
3 - Beaulieu out

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
I'd always be in for adding a player that can make our team better now and in the future, but I don't think that kind of move would happen until summer.

Reactions: sabresnyper

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
We’re going to be that team that does nothing but after other moves you hear “I hear Buffalo was kicking the tires...”. We are such a non entity.

He needs to find a way to get at least three D off of this roster. They’re all still under team control next year. All of them. It’s unbelievable

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
We’re going to be that team that does nothing but after other moves you hear “I hear Buffalo was kicking the tires...”. We are such a non entity.

He needs to find a way to get at least three D off of this roster. They’re all still under team control next year. All of them. It’s unbelievable
nobody is trading for an injured Scandella with another year on the table. I'm actually ok with Hunwick as the 7/injury 6, he hasnt been that bad yet people treat him like Tennyson, Nelson is still fine to have around as depth. Its so predictable how some fans are always in the 'Do Something....'boat at the tdl when its obvious there isn't much to do with where they stand. Offseason/draft/FA/trades is another story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad