Speculation: 2019 Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Take back Spooner. Good track record before Edmonton, a guy we can hopefully rebuild and then package off against next TDL for more assets. they might even sweeten the pot to get us to do it.
Spooner is awful. Draft picks only.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Saw a rumor Toronto is looking to trade Timothy Liljegren. Young right handed shot. Wanted Detroit to draft him a few years ago. We could possibly give them Green for Liljegren +3rd. Toronto is going for the cup and we need potential.

Reactions: Larkin1578

marcmadsen

Sep 29, 2016
Saw a rumor Toronto is looking to trade Timothy Liljegren. Young right handed shot. Wanted Detroit to draft him a few years ago. We could possibly give them Green for Liljegren +3rd. Toronto is going for the cup and we need potential.

I also liked Liljegren and when he was still available at 9th overall I had hoped the Wings would take him. Either way, I don't really see the Leafs going for your proposal there as I think they'd look to turn Liljegren into more than Green but if the Leafs were to agree to your proposal, I'd do it in a heartbeat

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I also liked Liljegren and when he was still available at 9th overall I had hoped the Wings would take him. Either way, I don't really see the Leafs going for your proposal there as I think they'd look to turn Liljegren into more than Green but if the Leafs were to agree to your proposal, I'd do it in a heartbeat
Yeah but Toronto wants to win NOW. Liljegren isn't ready to help them win a cup. It would sort of be a full circle trade like way back in 1997 they gave us Larry Murphy and put us over the hump.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
What about Mantha for Liljegren?

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Howard won't resign cheap. That's not how Holland works. When has he ever gotten a player to take a discount to stay??

Not usually no. I am just stating my wish list. Keep Howard unless we get a 1st or 2nd. Try to resign cheap and if he wants too much .. let him walk. I just think solid goaltending is good for the rebuild.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Howard won't resign cheap. That's not how Holland works. When has he ever gotten a player to take a discount to stay??

Kronwall comes to mind

didn't really work out that way due to injuries but it was absolutely a discount at the time

but yeah it's definitely more the exception than the norm

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Dealing Liljegren - barring an absolutely phenomenal return - would be very shortsighted bt the Leafs. I mean, if Karlsson suddenly declares that he refuses to stay in San Jose, then sure, go nuts and push all your chips in to win now. But what's out there in a somewhat realistic scenario where it makes sense for a team that needs help on defense, to trade away a good defensive prospect?

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015

Even if the Leafs did want to do that, I seem to remember a rumour last TDL that Green would block a trade to Toronto

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Dealing Liljegren - barring an absolutely phenomenal return - would be very shortsighted bt the Leafs. I mean, if Karlsson suddenly declares that he refuses to stay in San Jose, then sure, go nuts and push all your chips in to win now. But what's out there in a somewhat realistic scenario where it makes sense for a team that needs help on defense, to trade away a good defensive prospect?
I think the theory is that Sandin makes him expendable. (Was talked about on last weeks HNIC.)

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
You can sweeten any trade for a defenseman by adding in G.Lindstrom. He would likely be exposed in the expansion draft.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Take back Spooner. Good track record before Edmonton, a guy we can hopefully rebuild and then package off against next TDL for more assets. they might even sweeten the pot to get us to do it.

I used to like Spooner but the season hes having and his age make me think draft picks are more worthwhile. If he is a reclamation project he'll be pushing 30 looking for a big deal when the wings are competitive again. I would love him as an extra asset in a trade but not interested in a trade if hes the center piece

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
The wings have all the pieces the oilers need. Kenny should be off fleecing these shitty GMs but we’re likely going to have to wait right up to the deadline for him to sell. By that time lots of these teams have already given up and more sellers means less value for the Wings’ tradechips.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Even if the Leafs did want to do that, I seem to remember a rumour last TDL that Green would block a trade to Toronto
Never heard of this. Maybe he doesn't want to play for Babcock because I cant think of any other logical reason he wouldn't want to go there over Detroit

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
You can sweeten any trade for a defenseman by adding in G.Lindstrom. He would likely be exposed in the expansion draft.

Or we could protect Cholowski/Hronek/Lindström, our best young core, and let all the vets available. McIsaac and all younger drafted after him are exempt.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Dan Cleary walked away from a 3year $8.xxM dollar deal from the Flyers to come back to Detroit on a 1yr $1.75M deal. :sarcasm::sarcasm::laugh:

I almost wish the league would have stepped in and punished Holland for his handshake deal with Cleary that kept him signed the years after to "make up the difference" to him. They circumvented the cap for Dan F'n Cleary... and that's why nobody cared. It was punishment enough they had to keep signing him.

Reactions: Backhandbeauty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad