Speculation: 2019 Trade Deadline VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Imagine Laine coasting back on defense and driving the new coach crazy.

Now +/- isn't a great stat, but -23 on Winnipeg (i.e. even a scrub should be positive on that team) is a huge red flag.
E +/- of -7.0, which is a bit more reliable and confirms that it isn't a fluke.

In other words, his defense is so bad he can't outscore it.
Which is why Winnipeg is willing to listen to offers.

Intangibles matter.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Imagine Laine coasting back on defense and driving the new coach crazy.

Now +/- isn't a great stat, but -23 on Winnipeg (i.e. even a scrub should be positive on that team) is a huge red flag.
E +/- of -7.0, which is a bit more reliable and confirms that it isn't a fluke.

In other words, his defense is so bad he can't outscore it.
Which is why Winnipeg is willing to listen to offers.

Intangibles matter.

Bruh...just stop

Laine might score 700 goals, but he doesn't play defense and his plus minus is bad. Yea, lets worry about his plus minus.

Reactions: Chinatown88

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
Anyone know if the NHL Network is going to live-stream their coverage beginning at 9 am (or 10, 11 or 12 depending on where ya live)?

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Regarding Raffl:

Giroux Couts TK
Lindblom Patrick Jake
JVR Frost ????
Laughton ???? NAK

Why would we re-sign Raffl? Go for a 1st or 2nd line guy to create 3 good lines.

We don't need to sign 30 year old 20 point wingers anymore.

Because

Raffl-Laughton-NAK >>>> then any C we have internally and Raffl cap/term will prob be cheaper then anything on the FA market.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
McKenzie has specifically mentioned Ghost as a name that's been available in trade talks:

From https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelp...ot-struggles-philadelphia-flyers-trade-rumors

Here's some of what McKenzie had to say Monday:

"They've got multifaceted plans in Philadelphia in terms of, 'We could keep this guy and we could move that guy, or we could keep that guy and move this guy,' and flip it around depending on what the interest is and what the prices are.

But Gostisbehere is a real good young defenseman who hasn't played to his potential with the Philadelphia Flyers recently, and you've got to be careful to give those guys away. … Gostisbehere is a name that's been out there, but I don't know that it's at the top of the list of things that Chuck Fletcher wants to move out of town."

Not commenting on whether he should be traded (He shouldn't), but he has certainly been mentioned as available by people other than the local jokers.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I really don't like that deal. Ok, they got the 1st, but they couldn't at least get Appleton? Lemieux is a textbook PDO heater value guy. He stinks.
Lemieux is like Raffl but younger and cheaper. If we could have done this deal, our 4th line next year could have been:

Lemieux Laughton NAK

Better than the slop that we have been icing for awhile.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
That’s a good return for Hayes. Should indicate that the “1st & a prospect” valuation for Simmonds will hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad