Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Let’s just nip this in the bud. In the 3 years before this one:
  1. Giroux is 1st in PP points
  2. Voracek is 9th
  3. Ghost is 12th
Yes, 12th. Not for defensemen. For all skaters. Only Burns has more PP points among defensemen. He has 4 more points in 28 more games played (Ghost didn’t start with the team in 15-16).

The Flyers ranked 15th in PP% in that time span. They had an elite PP1 (this year is an anomaly and we partially know why — it isn’t one player — and nothing suggests it won’t bounce back). The idea the team % should be used as proof they don’t need or can easily replace players who rank at the tippy top in PP scoring is nearly as fallacious as saying the Oilers don’t need McDavid because of their record. QED.

When the Ghost Hater is dead, Magua will eat his heart. Before he dies, Magua will put his compatriots under the knife, so he knows their kind is wiped out forever.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
And he’s also had 65 pts in 78 games in one full season under Hak, & 46 pts in 64 games in his rookie season under Hak, if you want bigger sample sizes.

Why does there always have to be a scapegoat for certain players?

Why can’t people just admit when certain “good” players are playing terribly that the majority of responsibility is their own, not some whipping boy’s or the coach’s?
Did I say Hak was his only issue? No. In fact, in another post I said "Ghost had a bad games"

But the slpits do show that under Gordon, Ghost is closer to his normal self than he was to start the season.

Now I know you would rather just look that that recent 2 games sample size to say Gordon is not happy with him, but I choose a bigger sample size.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
And he’s also had 65 pts in 78 games in one full season under Hak, & 46 pts in 64 games in his rookie season under Hak, if you want bigger sample sizes.

Why does there always have to be a scapegoat for certain players?

Why can’t people just admit when certain “good” players are playing terribly that the majority of responsibility is their own, not some whipping boy’s or the coach’s?

holy f***, what a reasonable and measured response. I am looking forward to your inevitable ban.

Reactions: Freddy The Fog

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Ghost - killing PP. Couturier back in time - nothing but a quality 3C on a good team.

I believe i called Coots the best defensive center in the league. He has improved upon any expectation anyone on this board has ever had of him. So in essence no one was correct about his potential.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
yes. it is well documented on my views of ghost's play on the pp this year. The reason why i have been so vocal about it is because of the lack of commentary by posters on here. ghost literally turned a puck over for an easy goal on hart last week and the only poster to comment on it was @Ghosts Beer . Who btw has been having a season long feud with other posters concerning ghost. Are there other issues to our pp ? **** yes.

If you want to post my comments on ghost feel free to also bring up my other comments concerning the pp in order to provide a less biased point. How about my views onn knoblauch, or on giroux playing on the right side. Ill wait
All I did was show the posts @Tripod was referring to.

And the reason there's been a lack of commentary by posters about Ghosts play on the PP this year is that it's pretty obvious this is just a fluke that isn't even close to his fault. At the top of the list is the overall unit slumping, Simmonds being cooked, and Knob being insanely stupid and ruining the setup. You blame him for some crazy reason and the anti-Ghost squad (including the poster you mentioned) just has an absurd bias again him... outside of that everyone seems to understand what they're seeing and why blaming Ghost makes no sense.

This is the same as when you were so vocal about Couturier just because nobody else was... it doesn't make you right or objective. You're just loudly wrong.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Ghost - killing PP. Couturier back in time - nothing but a quality 3C on a good team.

yes, ghost is killing the pp this year. He has been way to one timer happy , with awful results to show. So many times this year his missed one timer would lead to the puck exiting the zone, he compounded his early season failings to produce by shooting even more to even less success. Does that mean he sucks or is a terrible human being ? no. It just means he has struggled mightily on the pp this year.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I believe i called Coots the best defensive center in the league. He has improved upon any expectation anyone on this board has ever had of him. So in essence no one was correct about his potential.

I remember you being way more critical than that of Couturier - before you disappeared for a year during his big season. And thats the assesment i was talking about. But some may correct me.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
All I did was show the posts @Tripod was referring to.

And the reason there's been a lack of commentary by posters about Ghosts play on the PP this year is that it's pretty obvious this is just a fluke that isn't even close to his fault. At the top of the list is the overall unit slumping, Simmonds being cooked, and Knob being insanely stupid and ruining the setup. You blame him for some crazy reason and the anti-Ghost squad (including the poster you mentioned) just has an absurd bias again him... outside of that everyone seems to understand what they're seeing and why blaming Ghost makes no sense.

This is the same as when you were so vocal about Couturier just because nobody else was... it doesn't make you right or objective. You're just loudly wrong.

by commentary does not reflect any past or future issues with him. It is merely a statement of a point in time, yet some here are taking that and trying to make sweeping generalizations with it. That is just lazy and unproductive. There is seriously a lack of critical thinking sometimes on this board , and usually its done by people who are highly intelligent but are just trying to stir things up. I have a lot of respect for everyone here but my goodness the pettiness is so childish.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Did I say Hak was his only issue? No. In fact, in another post I said "Ghost had a bad games"

But the slpits do show that under Gordon, Ghost is closer to his normal self than he was to start the season.

Now I know you would rather just look that that recent 2 games sample size to say Gordon is not happy with him, but I choose a bigger sample size.
Ghost leading the D in icetime last game means he's our best defensemen, doesn't it?

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I wouldn’t want Lemieux. Appleton would be the more interesting of the two.
Disagree. I’d be completely disappointed in getting Appleton. But Lemieux at least would have a bit of intrigue.

Appleton’s a year older. Much less impressive amateur career. And Lemieux would give them some bite, which they don’t have enough of.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I remember you being way more critical than that of Couturier - before you disappeared for a year during his big season. And thats the assesment i was talking about. But some may correct me.

I was critical of his play, as i am of all players on the flyers team since i am a fan. that is what fans do. I do not just sit idly by and allow bad plays or a streak of bad play go unnoticed. I critique. We all do it.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I was critical of his play, as i am of all players on the flyers team since i am a fan. that is what fans do. I do not just sit idly by and allow bad plays or a streak of bad play go unnoticed. I critique. We all do it.

I respect that. I am saying I'm remembering you being low on Couturier back then with low expectations to the future - which turned out to be incorrect. Hence why I said I hope this assessment won't happen to Ghost and his future influence on the PP based on a bad year.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
by commentary does not reflect any past or future issues with him. It is merely a statement of a point in time, yet some here are taking that and trying to make sweeping generalizations with it. That is just lazy and unproductive. There is seriously a lack of critical thinking sometimes on this board , and usually its done by people who are highly intelligent but are just trying to stir things up. I have a lot of respect for everyone here but my goodness the pettiness is so childish.
I didn't say you have longstanding biases against him (the others certainly do though), just that you're wrong in your present day evaluation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad