HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 2019 Tank Watch: Old Habits Die Hard

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
We could add every damn player in the top 10 of this draft and we would still manage to be a pile of crap. But with that being said #Booze4Hughes #Crappo4Kakko

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Remember when there was that great thread, almost two years ago, about how the "decade of darkness" was over?

The amount of fan catharsis in that thread was something to see. We collectively purged ourselves of 10 years' of frustration and futility by re-living the worst moments. We were secure in the knowledge that our team had finally passed the hurdle and gone clear to the other side.

And now... we're back, deeper than ever, in the sh***er. We are now in the humiliating position of trying to re-obtain players dumped during the decade of darkness (Gagner), because they are actually preferable to the warmed-up stiffs we have now.

That 2017 thread where we celebrated the "end" of the decade of darkness shall live in infamy. It is now akin to the British public celebrating "peace in our time" with Neville Chamberlain in 1939.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I hope that the Oilers don't win the draft lottery; I'm already tired of being a fan of the laughing stock of professional sports
Meh. I'd rather be a good team that everyone laughs at than a mediocre one that is respected. And it's not like we'll be respected if we don't win the lottery.

Plus it'll be fun to see other teams' fans reactions. :)

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I hope that the Oilers don't win the draft lottery; I'm already tired of being a fan of the laughing stock of professional sports

They laugh at us whether we win the draft lottery or lose the draft lottery.

We are the loser who everyone laughs at that somehow goes home with the beautiful rich prom queen who naively falls in love and is determined to make us into a winner.

Then after a few years the loser decides he can do better and kicks the beautiful rich prom queen out of his house and grabs that crack whore down by the trailer park because she has more character.

Then they have kids and invites her unemployable face tatted ecstasy pushing brother and lazy good for nothing drunk uncle to come live with them in a trailer park and he wonders years later why in hell he is still at the bottom of the socio-economic scale.

Reactions: MikeYEG

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
This god damn team breaks my heart every god damn year... Get rid of the entire front office FFS, they have been the common denominator this entire time.

Yup, nothing, and I mean NOTHING, will change as long as Bobby Burgers, Lowe, MacT, Howson, and Wayne Gretz are still with this team. They all need to be fired immediately.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I honestly didn't think it was possible to be worse than last season but here we are, I really truly thought that a team with a healthy McDavid could never be that bad again and yet they are worse. They somehow always find a new rock bottom just when we thought rock bottom already hit. It's remarkable.

I gotta say, quality of life has been much better since I quit watching the Oilers 4 games ago. I feel for you guys who are still in it.
I'm just following Oiler news and check box scores at this point.

Yup. I haven't watched a live game in real time since November. I watch them on recording and generally just fast forward through most of it. Can watch a game in about 30 mins, and its a MUCH better use of my time.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Amazing how the big heavy teams are now the worst teams in the league other than Ottawa who decided to rebuild during Prime Karlsson years. They have an owner who is actually more inept than Katz and with less zeros in his bank account.

Yup, all the teams that still bought into the old model of "big strong teams with grit" are all terrible now. Our incompetent OBC management group still thinks its 10 years ago.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
I have been supporting the tank for over a week now. How many games have the Oilers won in their last 30?

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
We could add every damn player in the top 10 of this draft and we would still manage to be a pile of crap. But with that being said #Booze4Hughes #Crappo4Kakko

If the oilers got every player in the top 10 then that would be a good thing.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Yessss, been on the tank train since early Jan.

I just hope if we do win, the propsect says "Nah I am not signing in Edmonton" and pulls a Lindros. This news might actually make Katz do something

Reactions: MikeYEG and TB12

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
And to think, prior to the Klefbom injury, we would've hit the 20 win mark on the earliest date since the 1985 regular season. Without looking, this stretch of hockey over the past two months has been one of the worst the league has likely seen in some time.

Ken Hitchcock should have stayed retired.
People were saying when Klef and Russell came back, that the ship would get in the right direction. Unfortunately, someone forgot that Khaira, Reider, Lucic, Cave, Brodziak, etc, would still be unable to score a goal, and Koski could not replicate his earlier 10 game out of body experience. Who knew?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
People were saying when Klef and Russell came back, that the ship would get in the right direction. Unfortunately, someone forgot that Khaira, Reider, Lucic, Cave, Brodziak, etc, would still be unable to score a goal, and Koski could not replicate his earlier 10 game out of body experience. Who knew?
Might have something to do with our idiotic HC running the McDavid/Draisaitl line into the ground.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Might have something to do with our idiotic HC running the McDavid/Draisaitl line into the ground.

Which he wouldn't have to do if our previous idiotic GM hadn't filled the roster with all of 4 skilled players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad