Transfer: 2019 Summer Transfers News, Rumors, and Discussion; Part 9

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I think Iwobi sale at this price is solid business. Yeah he's still pretty young but I think he is who he is...youth doesn't always equate to untapped upside. Just doesn't have the look of a consistent game changer on the wing. Yes, still would have been a solid bench option and depth player this year and yes, we don't have a ton of experienced natural LWers but I think we have plenty of options and I think guys like Nelson and Martinelli are going to get some good experience this year and offer some more excitement going forward.

I mean if we can sneak in Zaha though I'm all for it, sounds unlikely though.

Reactions: AB13

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not sure what's going on with Luiz that needed extra time, it should be one of the fastest to get done.

No one wants Arsenal's average players I was told!

If Ivan moved like four seasons ago with Wenger we would've signed him to an extension and been able to get at least 60m for Aaron Ramsey.

Iwobi is a solid player, extremely good dribbler and very dangerous 1v1. However, he has insane tunnel version in the final 1/3 of the pitch and why I have no problem selling him (plus his crossing skills are truly awful). Very good person though.
God Sky Sports News are so useless. "Spurs are basically the same team. They have only bought to improve the squad - not the team."
Their Sky Sports Campus though is extremely impressive.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I don't know who Nicolas Pepe is but I'd be willing to be everything I own that 72 million for him vs. 40 million for Iwobi is skewed somewhat

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Fred.

Definitely quite short though. Especially since they would probably be better off if Matic gets injured.
Lol he's been so irrelevant that I forgot about him :laugh:. He's passable if he regains some semblance of form.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I am very disappointed with Liverpool. For a champion league winner and premier league runner up they showed no ambition this summer.

I know everything Klopp has touch so far has turn into gold but if LFC lose ground next year and possibly miss the Champion League or miss to win the league by a couple points again due to lack of depth, he would deserves the blame.

Not good at all.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I am very disappointed with Liverpool. For a champion league winner and premier league runner up they showed no ambition this summer.

I know everything Klopp has touch so far has turn into gold but if LFC lose ground next year and possibly miss the Champion League or miss to win the league by a couple points again due to lack of depth, he would deserves the blame.

Not good at all.
shannon-sharpe-595x303.png

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Lol he's been so irrelevant that I forgot about him :laugh:. He's passable if he regains some semblance of form.

I think he will be OK this season.

Really don´t get that Utd squad though. Seems unbalanced all over the place.

The central midfield seems short. And where is the creativity whenever Pogba doesn´t play? I actually like McTominay. I think he is decent, but are you playing him, Matic and Fred?

And who plays on the right? Mata?

Cool if they succeed with the youngsters, but still think they should have changed things up more than they managed.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Iwobi for the most part always went hard for the badge. No matter the situation he would always try to bring some energy to the team. Also this was a banger:

Havre

Jul 24, 2011

Not good at all.

You´ll be fine. Things are not won in the summer.

I would have maybe adjusted the squad a bit with slightly fewer midfield players and more full backs and one more up front, but Klopp loves to play midfield players everywhere so...

You can only have so much depth. Depth doesn´t work if too many players are too far away from the team under normal circumstances.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

Not good at all.

All this is gonna sound like complete bullshit as soon as you watch the team play again.

The club has more than showed their ambition. They have not succumbed to the usual issue that has plagued Liverpool, they have kept absolutely all of their important players without exception. None have looked to leave for another club and could conceivably stay at Liverpool for the rest of the major part of their careers.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Impressed with Arsenal's window. Still predict Spurs for third though ;)
Spurs biggest weakness was in midfield and they've improved that. I still think lo Celso is a replacement for Eriksen, but as of now they got both of them so they got a good team. Only thing I question is that you lot have two solid centrebacks, but I don't think one of them is a star.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007

Not good at all.

Name one team in the premier league that isn’t city that is better then Liverpool today.

You won’t be able to

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Spurs biggest weakness was in midfield and they've improved that. I still think lo Celso is a replacement for Eriksen, but as of now they got both of them so they got a good team. Only thing I question is that you lot have two solid centrebacks, but I don't think one of them is a star.

I expect Eriksen to leave.

As for CDs. If Spurs haven´t got a star who has? Except van Dijk I wouldn´t swap either of them for anyone in the PL. Vertonghen was a rock last season. And that comes from someone that used to think Spurs should have sold him (some years ago).

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016

He is a replacement for Eriksen. Not as good of a playmaker but he plays a more physical, direct, higher risk game with more flair.

What is wrong with Alderweireld or Vertonghen?

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Name one team in the premier league that isn’t city that is better then Liverpool today.

You won’t be able to

Before Eriksen leaves I wouldn´t say Spurs are far off.

Even if he leaves I don´t expect Liverpool to be far ahead of Spurs.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Lo Celso for Eriksen I can live with. I expect a small reduction in quality. N´Dombele for Wanyama/Dier is the key here. Especially since neither Wanyama or Dier were fit last year - and even struggled the year before.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Lo Celso for Eriksen I can live with. I expect a small reduction in quality. N´Dombele for Wanyama/Dier is the key here. Especially since neither Wanyama or Dier were fit last year - and even struggled the year before.

Really hoping we ship Wanyama abroad. Would hate to see him get priority over Skipp.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Not sure if we can lose both Eriksen and Wanyama, but agree that Skipp should play over Wanyama.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
By that logic Liverpool should have swapped van Dijk for Wes Morgan before last season.

Point to the full backs or the central midfield. Amazing how well Spurs did last year considering what they got from their full backs and whenever Dier and/or Wanyama played. As an example.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad