Transfer: 2019 Summer Transfers News, Rumors, and Discussion; Part 9

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Haland will be selling his soul if he went to Utd. Imagine joining the club who's famous captain ended your father's career...

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Haland will be selling his soul if he went to Utd. Imagine joining the club who's famous captain ended your father's career...

In the interview he says his dream once was to win the league with Leeds United. His father also wouldn't have any problem if he joined United. His father doesn't hold any grudges towards United.

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

On top of that it's just too soon for the move imo. He should take his time and cement himself where he is now.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
In the interview he says his dream once was to win the league with Leeds United. His father also wouldn't have any problem if he joined United. His father doesn't hold any grudges towards United.
Leeds could be playing in the PL next season so...

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
So far the extent of the legit rumors are Ole saying he liked him from his time at Molde. Haaland saying he liked Ole from then. And Haaland saying he likes the PL and would enjoy playing there.

Reactions: Jussi

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Where'd we land on this type of ownership structure being illegal?

I don't see it being much different from the way the Pozzo were operating not so long ago, when they owned Granada, Udinese and Watford at the same time. Although they subsequently sold Granada, as far as I'm aware that was because they received the opportunity to bleed a passing Chinese investor rather than any authorities expressing governance concerns.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I don't see it being much different from the way the Pozzo were operating not so long ago, when they owned Granada, Udinese and Watford at the same time. Although they subsequently sold Granada, as far as I'm aware that was because they received the opportunity to bleed a passing Chinese investor rather than any authorities expressing governance concerns.
This was exactly what came to mind first, but wasn't that deemed illegal? I thought that's why Granada was divested. Thought this type of ownership was codified as being out of bounds, but maybe I'm totally wrong.

If it isn't, it should be.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
This was exactly what came to mind first, but wasn't that deemed illegal? I thought that's why Granada was divested. Thought this type of ownership was codified as being out of bounds, but maybe I'm totally wrong.

If it isn't, it should be.

From googling, it's hard to find sources, but this pair of links La Liga Side Granada Owner Gino Pozzo Sells Club To China's Desports For $42M

Pozzo Galaxy: the business triangle that inflated Watford

suggest that while there have been concerns about the flow of money between the clubs, the footballing authorities haven't made any pronouncements, and Granada was simply sold for profit.

I share your dislike of this kind of ownership arrangements - not least now you have Leipzig and Salzburg both playing in the Champions League.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
From googling, it's hard to find sources, but this pair of links La Liga Side Granada Owner Gino Pozzo Sells Club To China's Desports For $42M

Pozzo Galaxy: the business triangle that inflated Watford

suggest that while there have been concerns about the flow of money between the clubs, the footballing authorities haven't made any pronouncements, and Granada was simply sold for profit.

I share your dislike of this kind of ownership arrangements - not least now you have Leipzig and Salzburg both playing in the Champions League.

There was a lot of talk about this 2 years ago when both Salzburg and Leipzig were in the quarter-finals of the Europa League and it looked like they might end up drawn against each other in the semi-final. Nothing ever came of it, because Leipzig lost their quarter-final tie, but I thought there was some kind of ruling that made it so they both couldn't be in the Champions League. I guess not though.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
There was a lot of talk about this 2 years ago when both Salzburg and Leipzig were in the quarter-finals of the Europa League and it looked like they might end up drawn against each other in the semi-final. Nothing ever came of it, because Leipzig lost their quarter-final tie, but I thought there was some kind of ruling that made it so they both couldn't be in the Champions League. I guess not though.
Pretty sure they determined that they were satisfied with the organizations being arm-length from each other, and therefore there was no issue with them playing each other.

Reactions: KJS14

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Arsenal scouts in Pool tonight to watch Szoboszlai in action. 18 y/o MF who looks promising.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
https://eldesmarque.com/madrid/real-madrid/noticias/171211-cuanto-quieres-por-el-y-no-es-isco-el-city-de-pep-guardiola-pesca-en-el-real-madrid-ed

City and United both want Odegaard apparently, but I just don't see any way that Real Madrid let him go.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7529787/Manchester-United-continue-track-Leicester-Citys-James-Maddison-ahead-potential-80m-move.html

United also seem to want Maddison but if this season is any indication Leicester and United are on completely different trajectories and I understand the appeal of an historic club with money but if Leicester make the CL I just can't see him leaving unless City/Liverpool come calling. They have a better team and a better manager.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad