Transfer: 2019 Summer Transfers News, Rumors, and Discussion; Part 9

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I am not a huge fan of Iwobi, but he is better than average. And he is only 23. Obviously some upside there.

Personally I don´t think it makes a lot of sense for Everton, but certainly not ideal for Arsenal to reduce their depth.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Yep, see the Liverpool home game last season.

i feel u and I are the only Arsenal fans that like/rate Iwobi :(

Yeah looks that way. I get the sentiment that we have Nelson sticking around this year and Martinelli and Saka possibly taking steps forward this year; however I think having Iwobi for coverage another year would be beneficial even if just until January to ensure the younger wingers are ready to take the step.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
People just refuse to believe the market is what is now. Mustafi, Xhaka, Mkhi, and probably Ozil would all still bring in at least 30.

Well. Why are they still Arsenal-players then?

Iwobi is completely different due to his age.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
Everton always seems to make a few intriguing signings, fail at being a unit, and spend quite a bit while doing so.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
God Sky Sports News are so useless. "Spurs are basically the same team. They have only bought to improve the squad - not the team."

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
He's backup to Lustig on the national team. If he impresses at Newcastle he has a chance to take over the spot though since Lustig will be 33 later this year. For £5m i'd say it's a pretty good signing.

just a matter of time before he takes that spot. lustig is getting old. krafth done well when he has played for the national team. good passer, works hard.

Reactions: AB13

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
This is also real life not Fifia. Can't sell half your squad every window and buy replacements and integrate them into the team seamlessly. Not to mention if you're paying their wages to leave you are not saving any money unless you're replacing them from within with kids. The club is still trying to win and finish top 4.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I accept that. And not suggesting Arsenal should have sold all 4 at the same time, but surely one would have made sense if teams were willing to buy them for 30m?

Havre

Jul 24, 2011

No surprises there. I am not sold on him, but really hope I´m wrong.

Reactions: Fro

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Bold move by United to not buy another midfielder to replace Herrera. They must have A LOT of faith in McTominay and Pereira to take another step and for Matic to stay healthy. Besides Pogba, there's no one else.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Fred.

Definitely quite short though. Especially since they would probably be better off if Matic gets injured.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
He's backup to Lustig on the national team. If he impresses at Newcastle he has a chance to take over the spot though since Lustig will be 33 later this year. For £5m i'd say it's a pretty good signing.

I would already pick him over Lustig, he is a lot better with the ball, a lot faster and works even harder with his tireless runs. Lustig has been a great servant but he isn't really what he was only a year ago anymore. Great signing, probably better than Yedlin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad