Transfer: 2019 Summer Transfers News, Rumors, and Discussion; Part 9

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I can't quite see 6-10, but I would have to feel that James Maddison is going to get a big money move the way it's going

6-10 are:

10. Todd Cantwell, Winger, Norwich - 10m -> 30m
9. Victor Osimhen, Striker, Lille - 10m -> 30m
8. Ben White, Center-Back, Leeds (on loan from Brighton) - 5 -> 25-30m
7. Joe Willock, Central Midfielder, Arsenal - 15m -> 40m
6. Martin Odegaard, Attacking Midfielder, Real Sociedad (on loan from Real Madrid) - 15m -> 40m

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I don't like to brag, but I liked my scouting skills here. Posted this months ago:

Ajacied said:
Three relatively unknown Eredivisie talents, to be picked up dirt cheap:

1) Ritsu Doan - AM - Groningen ~ 7M

Offensively very gifted. Moves and thinks quickly with the ball. A true playmaker with a great shot. Strong on both feet. Though wildly inconsistent and can disappear for stretches. Value took a bit of a hit with a worse year statistically, but he was every bit as decisive and solid.

Fitting teams: Arsenal, Everton, West Ham, Wolves, Ajax, Leverkussen, Gladbach, Sevilla

EDIT: Moved to PSV for 7.7M.

2) Michel Vlap - AM - Heerenveen ~ 4M

Tall, lanky, somewhat goofy looking midfielder, but don't let that fool you. Bergkamp-esque player in that he has so much touch in his feet. Only seems to score beautiful goals. Somewhat weak defensively or in battles and can be a bit nonchalant at times, but a true wizard once he has the ball. Very high football IQ - scored 16 goals and added 4 assists in the domestic race for Heerenveen this year.

Fitting teams: Atalanta, Anderlecht, Hoffenheim, Feyenoord, Newcastle, Southampton.

EDIT: Moved to Anderlecht for 8M

3) Jerdy Schouten - CM/DM - Excelsior ~ 2M

Smart, Frenkie de Jong-like player. Runs a lot and does a lot of defensive work that goes unnoticed. Fills gaps, tackles extremely well. Has some depth in his game as well, but contributing on the stat sheet for an offensive inept Excelsior team is challenging to say the least.

Fitting teams: Italian teams most likely, such as Lazio, Udinese, Fiorentina, or teams such as Feyenoord, Frankfurt, Southampton.

EDIT: Moved to Bologna for 2M.

This board is being read, fellas. Will test it with another edition during the winter window :thumbu::sarcasm:

With Doan leaving for PSV, they have quite the midfield and forwards. Their defense is still shaky, though.

Reactions: YNWA14

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Ligue 1 was supposed to take the world spotlight after Neymar joined them. It hasn't and now they're the Uber Eats Ligue 1.

Nike is probably behind this move as much as the Barca board - wanting to put their best footballer back in the biggest market.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
No, it was supposed to take the world spotlight when PSG was taken over. It was assumed that they would buy from within the league, which would give all the other clubs a lot of money to improve. It turns out they did not do that and instead spent a lot of money on players from other leagues, with very few exceptions.

Neymar was signed because they were trying to bring a CL winning team to Paris, but that was also why they signed Ibrahimovic. Neymar was injured way too much for them to even come close to winning the CL.

Reactions: Cassano

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Maybe, but given his requests in the summer that taste will probably have him wanting more. If Dembele stays, you've got Griezmann, Messi and Neymar who are all going to be around for a while yet along with some other youths looking for time (Perez etc.). We've seen time and again these young stars really pushing themselves and demanding a lot. I'm not saying it will happen and like you said he's only 16 -- nobody here had even mentioned him before this debut and I only found a few scouting reports on him from the summer because he was out of contract. Could not affect him at all of course...

That said I still don't see the need for Neymar either way. I think they will look phenomenal without him. Surely all of Griezmann, Messi, Suarez and Neymar will expect to start which does what for Barca's young midfielders as well?
It’s a non issue and even if he makes noise barca can’t get strong armed by youth. They had the best player in the world come through the system without any incidents of wanting to leave. Fati isn’t messi so you either bide your time and be an iniesta or leave ala cesc either way it’s a non issue.

It makes sense they want Neymar/Greizz messi is getting up there in age they probably want to maximize the trophies they get out of him by providing him with help instead of letting him do all the work.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
No, it was supposed to take the world spotlight when PSG was taken over. It was assumed that they would buy from within the league, which would give all the other clubs a lot of money to improve. It turns out they did not do that and instead spent a lot of money on players from other leagues, with very few exceptions.

Neymar was signed because they were trying to bring a CL winning team to Paris, but that was also why they signed Ibrahimovic. Neymar was injured way too much for them to even come close to winning the CL.
I guess it doesn't help that Tuchel is stingy on buying average ex-Bundesliga players.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It’s a non issue and even if he makes noise barca can’t get strong armed by youth. They had the best player in the world come through the system without any incidents of wanting to leave. Fati isn’t messi so you either bide your time and be an iniesta or leave ala cesc either way it’s a non issue.

It makes sense they want Neymar/Greizz messi is getting up there in age they probably want to maximize the trophies they get out of him by providing him with help instead of letting him do all the work.
Well, when speaking specifically about whether or not the player will be happy it's certainly an issue (if he makes it one). Taking the stance that Messi came through without any incident means there's no possibility of it being an issue doesn't really make sense to me, but to each their own. Keeping talents like Fati (if he's the real deal) should be a top priority especially given your second part about Messi getting up there. Not to mention we've seen a lot lately of younger and younger players having more and more power. This was, of course, a hypothetical anyway. I don't think Barcelona is as impervious as you seem to think though; when Messi starts declining I can see them going through a relatively poor transition period. Their board and coach (as well as appointments) don't inspire confidence.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
coach will be gone soon, that doesn't worry me.
Board will change soon too, they've been for too long and people want a change.

It is likely we may have some bad years because Messi is the GOAT and losing him would hurt any team. Anyways, if that kid (or any other) is the real deal he would push through the team to become a starter and play, that's what all superstars do.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Anyways, if that kid (or any other) is the real deal he would push through the team to become a starter and play, that's what all superstars do.
I don't think that's necessarily true. We've seen many recent examples of young players leaving despite them being the 'real deal'. Jadon Sancho is the first example that comes to mind, and it's not like he was the first. CHO was very close to doing the same.

On a Liverpool note...letting Ejaria go may have been a mistake. He's started off the season showing the potential his talent heralded before, though not with consistency.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Johan Cruyff got his statue revealed yesterday. Barca also named their second stadium after him. Ajax U19 played vs the U19 of Barcelona to complete the honoring. Ajax won 2-0, with Unuvar scoring both.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Johan Cruyff got his statue revealed yesterday. Barca also named their second stadium after him. Ajax U19 played vs the U19 of Barcelona to complete the honoring. Ajax won 2-0, with Unuvar scoring both.

Both were really nice goals, too.

Reactions: Ajacied

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Both were really nice goals, too.

Yeah despite being the youngest one out there, he was the best player on the pitch and dominated for large stretches. I was also impressed with Llasana. Salah-Eddine was great, too. Brobbey and Taylor didn’t have a strong game. No Barca standouts for me in this one.

Reactions: YNWA14

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Now that Alexis Sanchez is leaving Manchester United to join Inter, who's next to leave Man Utd???
The absolute, absolute latest news/rumors say that Zidane and Real Madrid are still in for Paul Pogba.
- so there's still a possibility that Pogba leaves Manchester and joins Madrid.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Now that Alexis Sanchez is leaving Manchester United to join Inter, who's next to leave Man Utd???
The absolute, absolute latest news/rumors say that Zidane and Real Madrid are still in for Paul Pogba.
- so there's still a possibility that Pogba leaves Manchester and joins Madrid.
I just can't see United allowing it at this stage. It would be catastrophic for them.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I heard that PSG don't want Dembele.

What extra money does Neymar Sr. make in this deal? Wanker of a man that he is.

If he's on the table they would definitely want him.

Well, when speaking specifically about whether or not the player will be happy it's certainly an issue (if he makes it one). Taking the stance that Messi came through without any incident means there's no possibility of it being an issue doesn't really make sense to me, but to each their own. Keeping talents like Fati (if he's the real deal) should be a top priority especially given your second part about Messi getting up there. Not to mention we've seen a lot lately of younger and younger players having more and more power. This was, of course, a hypothetical anyway. I don't think Barcelona is as impervious as you seem to think though; when Messi starts declining I can see them going through a relatively poor transition period. Their board and coach (as well as appointments) don't inspire confidence.

Sure, it does. Players would look to what happened with Iniesta/Messi and would wait and those who don't can kick rocks especially 16 year olds. Like I said its a non issue.

As for the rest of your post, it doesn't make too much sense. I said they're loading up on proven talented player in their prime in order to maximize the trophies they get out of Messi. How is that implying they won't get into a poor transitioning period post Messi? They probably will see some down years but it will depend on how they buy and if they reinvest into La Masia. All this because of a 16yr old got some minutes no barca fan or board member should be losing sleep over any of this.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Brighton loan out Locadia to Hoffenheim. Guy just couldn't make it work at Brighton under Potter - or CH for that matter.

Hopefully he gets another shot at the end of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad