Transfer: 2019 Summer Transfers News, Rumors, and Discussion; Part 9

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Any idea how Camavinga compares with Hannibal Majbri?

They would have been separated by a year (02 vs 03), but are really only 2 months apart in age and I know both are very highly touted.
So the info I got is basically that Mejbri has much more clear upside. Camavinga is more comparable to say Frenkie de Jong and Mejbri to Iniesta/Xavi or something like that. Basically they're both top talents but he doesn't see Camavinga having as much of an improvement over time as Mejbri does. Say Mejbri could be a top 3 player in the world at his position but Camavinga likely won't be.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Seedorf was a freak of nature, don't forget that. Here's a picture from one of his first games (a month of 5/6 younger than Camavinga):

Anyway, will follow Camavinga more closely. Definitely seems interesting.

After Johan and Marco he is my fvourite Dutch player. What a beast he was.

Reactions: Ajacied

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
So the info I got is basically that Mejbri has much more clear upside. Camavinga is more comparable to say Frenkie de Jong and Mejbri to Iniesta/Xavi or something like that. Basically they're both top talents but he doesn't see Camavinga having as much of an improvement over time as Mejbri does. Say Mejbri could be a top 3 player in the world at his position but Camavinga likely won't be.

Interesting, thanks. I was obviously curious given that United managed to get Mejbri, and I know I saw Evilo say Mejbri is perhaps the best 03 in the world. But seeing a guy basically his age (despite being a different year for youth reasons) break into the first team and do well makes me wonder at the difference.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I think it will be first option and not a one for one exchange. Meaning they will have first option on certain players from Real Sociedad.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Fernando Polo says negotiations between Barça-PSG went well, and that Barto and co. are confident about Neymar’s return. Supposed to negotiate again over the next few days

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Oriol Busquets loaned to FC Twente for 1 year

Very curious to see how that goes. Hopefully he gets a lot of minutes and does well.

Fernando Polo says negotiations between Barça-PSG went well, and that Barto and co. are confident about Neymar’s return. Supposed to negotiate again over the next few days

Sounds like they're offering 170 million in two installments.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Wait what? This seems like wishful thinking to say the least....
I am thinking that something like that is determined on how much Arsenal values Monreal. Such as do they value him at 5 million, 8 million, or 10 million and that eventually could go towards a future deal or perhaps another player of similar value.

Sounds like tomorrow could be the decisive day for the Neymar saga.
It seems Barca officials are in Paris and are negotiating a season-long loan with an option to buy which both deals will eventually reach 170 million. Lol, poor Coutinho being lost in all of this because no way he plays if they're able to get Neymar back to go with Messi, Suarez, and Greizmann. A lot of prima-donnas' in that lockerroom though.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Will be interested to see how this affects Ansu Fati who looked phenomenal in his brief stint (and who I've now spent too much time digging up footage on). Obviously it's a lot to expect significant time playing for a team like Barcelona at 16 but he certainly didn't look out of place. After already getting Griezmann adding Neymar would certainly limit his opportunities more. Wasn't he already ready to leave if there was a lack of progression? Could be a short-sighted move by the Barca board.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I am thinking that something like that is determined on how much Arsenal values Monreal. Such as do they value him at 5 million, 8 million, or 10 million and that eventually could go towards a future deal or perhaps another player of similar value.

It seems Barca officials are in Paris and are negotiating a season-long loan with an option to buy which both deals will eventually reach 170 million. Lol, poor Coutinho being lost in all of this because no way he plays if they're able to get Neymar back to go with Messi, Suarez, and Greizmann. A lot of prima-donnas' in that lockerroom though.
Coutinho is in Bayern so there’s that

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Will be interested to see how this affects Ansu Fati who looked phenomenal in his brief stint (and who I've now spent too much time digging up footage on). Obviously it's a lot to expect significant time playing for a team like Barcelona at 16 but he certainly didn't look out of place. After already getting Griezmann adding Neymar would certainly limit his opportunities more. Wasn't he already ready to leave if there was a lack of progression? Could be a short-sighted move by the Barca board.
Why would it affect him at all? He’s 16 and only reason he got called up was the massive injuries to start the season. He shouldn’t be counted on in the slightest for 3/4 or more years. Long after Suarez and most likely others leave

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Why would it affect him at all? He’s 16 and only reason he got called up was the massive injuries to start the season. He shouldn’t be counted on in the slightest for 3/4 or more years. Long after Suarez and most likely others leave
Maybe, but given his requests in the summer that taste will probably have him wanting more. If Dembele stays, you've got Griezmann, Messi and Neymar who are all going to be around for a while yet along with some other youths looking for time (Perez etc.). We've seen time and again these young stars really pushing themselves and demanding a lot. I'm not saying it will happen and like you said he's only 16 -- nobody here had even mentioned him before this debut and I only found a few scouting reports on him from the summer because he was out of contract. Could not affect him at all of course...

That said I still don't see the need for Neymar either way. I think they will look phenomenal without him. Surely all of Griezmann, Messi, Suarez and Neymar will expect to start which does what for Barca's young midfielders as well?

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I think Camavinga has more untapped potential and has been severaly overlooked because: 1) He is not yet french and he was unable to play for the national team. 2) He plays a very safe unflashy game but his ability to win the ball, distribute and dribble his way out of trouble is something I have never seen on any 16 years old. I think if he was given a more advanced role he could also succeed as he is very fast in transition and has very quick feet.

I gave the comparison with Seedorf (not so much because of the size of their thigh, nobody will be ever close to Seedorf) but because of his efficiency in making hard plays looks so easy and his ability to win the ball back and distribute it so well.

When you look at him you believe he has been playing the ligue 1 for 10 years because of how easy he makes it look.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Even if we sign Neymar there are rumors about Rakitic, Vidal, Dembele and Semedo. Even were all of them to stay the squad size would be 22 players not including Perez, Fati or Puig. That's not to mention Fati could always go out on loan now, the January window or future windows.

A lot of prima-donnas who aren't necessarily prima-donnas and who have a proven track record of playing together and getting along. They have a Whatsapp group where they still communicate with one another and Neymar has even come back to Barcelona to visit his ex-teammates more than once. The only "wild card" "prima-donna" here is Griezmann assuming he even is one and he seems to be getting on fine. More pressing would be the quality of depth and subsequent wage bill considering the squad size. That being said there are still Rakitic rumors, and he's only played one half so far, Suarez getting older and his knees potentially still an issue, rumors of interest in Vidal, rumors of PSG interest in Dembele who is often injured anyway and a lot of fixtures in a lot of competitions ahead this season.

You keep bringing up the dressing room and "prima-donnas" when there's nothing to suggest it's an issue.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Bruno Fernandes being linked with a 70 million move to Madrid. Jorge Mendes rumored to be doing the negotiations for Madrid on that one. Hopefully they don't get him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad