Transfer: 2019 Summer Transfers News, Rumors, and Discussion; Part 9

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sport Bild is now saying that Bayern won't sign Roca because they question his defensive ability. Bayern needs another CDM, so I don't understand this decision.

Paris United are saying that Guerreiro and PSG are meeting, which has promptly been denied by Guerreiro. I think he wants to leave and the club wants him to leave, but I think it's a matter of finding someone to pay a transfer fee for him to leave. The club is not going to give him away for free. We don't need 5-10M that badly. He can help our squad this season and then leave next season, if no one wants to pay for him.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Schick has supposedly decided for Leipzig over Dortmund. Dortmund is now going to try to sign Milik from Napoli. Icardi signing with Napoli might help that deal get over the line.

Dortmund are interested in signing Camavinga next summer. The last superstar youngster at Rennes ended up at Dortmund over some bigger clubs. Dortmund has a good relationship with Rennes because both are sponsored by Puma, so we might have one of the better chances in Europe to sign Camavinga when he leaves Rennes.

Papers in Germany say that Bayern are in the lead to sign Havertz next summer. They could have a much better transfer window next summer if they can add Havertz, Nubel, Sane and Werner. That would be a very strong transfer window.
I still think Rennes did very bad with the Dembele deal, they should have got a significant higher fee or at least higher % on the resale. Also Camavinga I believe will stay one more year with Rennes. He is the best 16 years old midfielder that I have witnessed but he needs more playing time.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I still think Rennes did very bad with the Dembele deal, they should have got a significant higher fee or at least higher % on the resale. Also Camavinga I believe will stay one more year with Rennes. He is the best 16 years old midfielder that I have witnessed but he needs more playing time.

Better than Cesc?

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Better than Cesc?
Yes. Camavinga reminds me of Seedorf. He is amazing at everything. He will become a dominant player and he will dominate for many years. His poise and awareness are out of this world. He is amazing in distributing passes but also he can dribbles with ease to open space and beat high pressure team. He is also very strong physicaly for a 16 years old. Any team that get him (whatever the price) will not regret it.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Timo Werner has signed a new contract with RB Leipzig. However, there supposedly is a low release clause in the contract. Bayern is obviously the most likely destination next summer.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Timo Werner has signed a new contract with RB Leipzig. However, there supposedly is a low release clause in the contract. Bayern is obviously the most likely destination next summer.
It's two years and a release clause of 30m. A joke. But better than nothing.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Seems to be a mix of 30M + 1 more season of Werner, being better than losing him now or watching him walk next summer...and hoping that playing under Nagelsmann convinces Werner that he would develop more from another year of his tutelage than he would from moving to a bigger club next summer. Not sure the latter is anything more than wishful thinking, but it's not a completely unimaginable scenario, given the growth other players have experienced under Nagelsmann.

That team would need to win a lot and I dunno if they truly have the class to beat out Bayern/BVB over a 34 game season or make a serious run in europe, given that they'll be in pot 4. But there is a timeline were Nagelsmann pulls it off...in large part by helping Timo find a new level...and Timo chooses not to exercise that clause when Bayern & co. come calling again because he wants Julian to help him find another new level to his game.

It’s amazing how hyped he was a couple years ago and how fast he’s fallen.

Developed physically at an early age but not being such a freak that he would maintain a significant physical advantage over most players as a senior teamer + poor instincts/creativity + good (especially for his age group) but not standout skill...tends to be an ominous combination

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Seems to be a mix of 30M + 1 more season of Werner, being better than losing him now or watching him walk next summer...and hoping that playing under Nagelsmann convinces Werner that he would develop more from another year of his tutelage than he would from moving to a bigger club next summer. Not sure the latter is anything more than wishful thinking, but it's not a completely unimaginable scenario, given the growth other players have experienced under Nagelsmann.

That team would need to win a lot and I dunno if they truly have the class to beat out Bayern/BVB over a 34 game season or make a serious run in europe, given that they'll be in pot 4. But there is a timeline were Nagelsmann pulls it off...in large part by helping Timo find a new level...and Timo chooses not to exercise that clause when Bayern & co. come calling again because he wants Julian to help him find another new level to his game.

Developed physically at an early age but not being such a freak that he would maintain a significant physical advantage over most players as a senior teamer + poor instincts/creativity + good (especially for his age group) but not standout skill...tends to be an ominous combination

Hey, haven't seen you around in a while, congrats by the way on Union finally getting promoted!

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Bild reporting that Werner's exit clause can rise to 60M next summer, depending on achievements, and drops annually. Making me buy the "convince him to stay for one more season" possibility just a little bit more...if Nagelsmann can work his magic & they have good fortune with health.
Hey, haven't seen you around in a while, congrats by the way on Union finally getting promoted!

Yeah, I was too grossed out by all of the Ozil garbage last summer to even want to talk football...but with my eiserne achieving the impossible, I guess I have no choice :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: YNWA14

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
No way in hell. Fabregas was a starter for one of the best teams in Europe at the same age. Not even sure if this guy actually is 16. Always tricky with african born players.

Fabergas absolutely did not start in his age 16 season. He didn't even receive a PL medal for the invincibles season b/c he never actually played a PL game.

He didn't start until 04-05 in the fall when injuries started piling up. When he was 17 and a half.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Yes. Camavinga reminds me of Seedorf. He is amazing at everything. He will become a dominant player and he will dominate for many years. His poise and awareness are out of this world. He is amazing in distributing passes but also he can dribbles with ease to open space and beat high pressure team. He is also very strong physicaly for a 16 years old. Any team that get him (whatever the price) will not regret it.

Seedorf was a freak of nature, don't forget that. Here's a picture from one of his first games (a month of 5/6 younger than Camavinga):

Anyway, will follow Camavinga more closely. Definitely seems interesting.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I will say I know someone who is very high on Camavinga and has been since before this season. We spoke on him briefly and it looks like his interest in the player was very justified.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I will say I know someone who is very high on Camavinga and has been since before this season. We spoke on him briefly and it looks like his interest in the player was very justified.

Any idea how Camavinga compares with Hannibal Majbri?

They would have been separated by a year (02 vs 03), but are really only 2 months apart in age and I know both are very highly touted.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

They would have been separated by a year (02 vs 03), but are really only 2 months apart in age and I know both are very highly touted.
I can ask for you and let you know as I don't have a lot of personal knowledge of either.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

IIRC Evilo said he's the best 2003 born player in the world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->