Transfer: 2019 Summer Transfers News, Rumors, and Discussion; Part 9

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Apparently Klopp was quoted in a german Newspaper that Liverpool could not afford to get Coutinho back as all the money they got from his sale were already invested in the team.

Which bring to a point I was making a couple weeks ago on this board.

It seems very plausible that Liverpool are bleeding money and they have to sell before investing into the team. Nobody wants to hear this but it seems like last year summer spree is an anomaly (possibly boosted by Countinho funds) than the norm.

Liverpool did not invest any money because they are satisfied with the team but more likely because they cannot afford it.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Apparently Klopp was quoted in a german Newspaper that Liverpool could not afford to get Coutinho back as all the money they got from his sale were already invested in the team.

It seems very plausible that Liverpool are bleeding money and they have to sell before investing into the team. Nobody wants to hear this but it seems like last year summer spree is an anomaly (possibly boosted by Countinho funds) than the norm.

Liverpool did not invest any money because they are satisfied with the team but more likely because they cannot afford it.
Read the Pearce article instead. Your narrative is way off. LFC has first dibs to sign him but didn’t want him back. Yes money was a part of it but Klopp/LFC was not going to pay that much for him to be a backup, and rightfully so. Did the German article also say Klopp didn’t see him as a Starting XI player any more?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It's going to be hilarious how none of these top teams don't want anything to do with Neymar and he eventually and randomly finds himself at United or Valencia.

Solid move for all parties, I think. Happy to see Reece get some time once he's back from injury.

Did you lot just buy Zappacosta?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Umm all the top teams want him though?
Only Barca based on the rumours and PSG don't want to sell him back there due to red tape fees. The team PSG probably want to sell him to is Real Madrid and they haven't been interested in him the entire summer. Of course there is Juve and Bayern as other very rich clubs outside of China, but Juve are in their own world of hurt and Bayern like Madrid haven't really been linked with any credible sources. As for Juventus, getting Neymar would be another step in the wrong direction for me, but I also admit that he will easily make their club better because Neymar is extremely talented (his faults are that he knows it). United spending like 80 million with Pogba would be the most absolutely Woodward-ian type of move.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Only Barca based on the rumours and PSG don't want to sell him back there due to red tape fees. The team PSG probably want to sell him to is Real Madrid and they haven't been interested in him the entire summer. Of course there is Juve and Bayern as other very rich clubs outside of China, but Juve are in their own world of hurt and Bayern like Madrid haven't really been linked with any credible sources. As for Juventus, getting Neymar would be another step in the wrong direction for me, but I also admit that he will easily make their club better because Neymar is extremely talented (his faults are that he knows it). United spending like 80 million with Pogba would be the most absolutely Woodward-ian type of move.

Again, stick to what you know.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011

The last sentence is obviously correct. If they could they would clearly have bought someone. The same way Spurs would have last season.

The second last paragraph is not necessarily true though. Like Spurs when you don´t spend one summer you are more likely to spend the next - even without players leaving.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Salah. I have no idea why, but Neville keeps saying he´ll leave. If so Liverpool will swim in money.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Madrid has been in on him as has been Juve the rest can’t get neymar or he doesn’t want to go there. Quite simple

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Madrid has been in on him as has been Juve the rest can’t get neymar or he doesn’t want to go there. Quite simple
Honestly wouldn't be surprised if Madrid is simply interested in him just so he doesn't go to Barca, not that they truly want him. They just spent 100 million on a winger in Hazard and have Asensio once he comes back from injury. I can't see them justifying spending another 100+ with perhaps Asensio thrown in to get Neymar at this point of time.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
will neymar want to live in Turin lol

I don't think Madrid is seriously considering him (they just signed Hazard) and the player prefers Barca anyways

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Honestly wouldn't be surprised if Madrid is simply interested in him just so he doesn't go to Barca, not that they truly want him. They just spent 100 million on a winger in Hazard and have Asensio once he comes back from injury. I can't see them justifying spending another 100+ with perhaps Asensio thrown in to get Neymar at this point of time.

Even if they want him just to piss barca off they want him still. If you seen the reports Perez wants him Zidane doesnt.

will neymar want to live in Turin lol

I don't think Madrid is seriously considering him (they just signed Hazard) and the player prefers Barca anyways

See above

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

I can guarantee that not just these 3 clubs. Possibly 30 mores and for the record he just signed a contract extension and his current coach was the one that coached him with the reserve and promoted him. He is not moving away unless he dominates and need to reach another step and Rennes is paid handsomely.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
My guess given his age would be he gets bought by someone next summer and goes on loan to Rennes. Gives him 2 more years in a familiar system to hone his growth.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Fears or any nonsense about Liverpool not being able to afford players is just that. Fear mongering or nonsense.

They could afford players. They just felt that it was time to let the squad grow, and that paying 80 million on a backup, who probably isn't even a first choice starter was stupid. Liverpool also see their investment in phases, where they spent it the past few windows, (and yes, much was financed by Coutinho going) and now, the plan is to continue to develop what they have and pay the contracts to keep players who've earned it.

It isn't like Spurs at all, because Liverpool actually won things (so take that comparison aside) with a squad that Klopp still feels is improving. They've only got a fraction of what Fabinho, Keita, Ox, and Gomez can do last season. Heck, even Shaqiri and Lallan offer something.

It also isn't like last year was a fluke. Some of you with no memory, or minimal memory, should remember that Liverpool have been in 3 major finals the past four seasons. Klopp has made it clear that they feel they're at the beginning of the project, and that the squad has something to grow.

Buying Coutinho, having to tailor their side around how he wants to play was never in the cards. He doesn't do what Liverpool wants him to do. He plays too slow, doesn't work, and probably most importantly, his stupid actions, along with his impossible wages make it a dumb move. I have no doubt Liverpool talked about and had discussions with many players. But when push came to shove, they rather not spend top dollars on a player who wouldn't even be a clear starter. If they bought Bruno Fernandes, odds are he takes 3-4 months minimal to integrate, before he's a starter. Even then, who knows if he's happy with that role at Liverpool.

Wait until the money reports come out and they're posting yet another clear profit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad