Transfer: 2019 Summer Transfers News, Rumors, and Discussion; Part 9

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Everyone said the same about Ibra and Rooney and neither are doing that. You can even include Barco if we are talking about @Duchene2MacKinnon
Don't be silly i'm always right... Sadly, what I watched from Barco recently I think he's more Correa than ADM. A lot were thrilled with his u20 and he was playing well in the MLS before that apparently but I came away with "that's it?"

Reactions: Gecklund

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Sounds like Barça will save some money in the short term by loaning out Coutinho as they won't have to pay one of the stipulations and if they win the CL (...) they wouldn't have to pay another.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Everyone said the same about Ibra and Rooney and neither are doing that. You can even include Barco if we are talking about @Duchene2MacKinnon

Rooney has 23 goals and 12 assists in 41 starts. At 32 going on 52 bc he’s Wayne Rooney and loves to booze and smoke butts.

Ibra has 40 goals in 47 games. At 37 years old off an ACL tear.

I’d say they did fine.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Rooney has 23 goals and 12 assists in 41 starts. At 32 going on 52 bc he’s Wayne Rooney and loves to booze and smoke butts.

I’d say they did fine.
Don’t get me wrong both are good but tearing up is a stretch to say the least. Carlos Vela and Josef Martinez are much better than Rooney/Ibra.

Don't be silly i'm always right... Sadly, what I watched from Barco recently I think he's more Correa than ADM. A lot were thrilled with his u20 and he was playing well in the MLS before that apparently but I came away with "that's it?"

Yeah he’s definitely had periods of good play. He can’t stay healthy and I think part of that is the physicality of the league.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto

Rooney was already playing like an elderly man when he came to MLS, and Ibra was coming off a big knee injury (and has also scored at nearly a goal-a-game pace). Cavani is still one of the best goalscorers on the continent and is physically in far far far better condition than either of them were.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Don’t get me wrong both are good but tearing up is a stretch to say the least. Carlos Vela and Josef Martinez are much better than Rooney/Ibra.

'Much better'. Vela another guy that couldn't really hack it in Europe who left for the MLS. Since when is 40 goals and 9 assists in 44 starts not tearing it up? I don't remember a lot of people thinking Rooney would tear up the MLS, but he's certainly doing a lot better than I thought he would. Cavani is much better than Vela.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
'Much better'. Vela another guy that couldn't really hack it in Europe who left for the MLS. Since when is 40 goals and 9 assists in 44 starts not tearing it up? I don't remember a lot of people thinking Rooney would tear up the MLS, but he's certainly doing a lot better than I thought he would. Cavani is much better than Vela.
You understand that this won’t happen for a year and a half-2 years right? Miami doesn’t start until 2021 I believe. Also 23 goals and 15 assists in 23 games is tearing up the league. Ibra plays like he did with United with less effort.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
FC Augsburg is about to sign Lichtsteiner (ex Juve, Arsenal). He's 35yo now, has has no contract after he played for Arsenal last season.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
First Conte buys Lukaku, now he plans on buying Alexis? Such a closet Man U supporter.

Last edited:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I wouldn’t be shocked to see Shaqiri go before the window closes. Klopp has never been one to deal with the I need to play stuff.

I would be a bit miffed if they don’t play him or loan him out without having done much up front, but it doesn’t look he’s happy

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

I’d say they did fine.

Cavani right now is better than either of them were when they left Europe as well. Although a lot of his value is based on effort and I'm not sure how much of that he'll be willing to put forth in the US versus just trying to poach some goals.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I wouldn’t be shocked to see Shaqiri go before the window closes. Klopp has never been one to deal with the I need to play stuff.

I would be a bit miffed if they don’t play him or loan him out without having done much up front, but it doesn’t look he’s happy
The Shaqiri signing was dumb in the first place and still doesn't make sense to me. Loaning Wilson and not even playing Brewster just adds to the weird squad/lack of transfer decisions. People will keep using a unrepeatable campaign and opportunistic moments to justify it all but cracks are showing and I don't feel like this position Liverpool are currently in has been managed as well as it could have been, especially after they did such a great job building it up.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
The Shaqiri signing was dumb in the first place and still doesn't make sense to me. Loaning Wilson and not even playing Brewster just adds to the weird squad/lack of transfer decisions. People will keep using a unrepeatable campaign and opportunistic moments to justify it all but cracks are showing and I don't feel like this position Liverpool are currently in has been managed as well as it could have been, especially after they did such a great job building it up.
Wilson playing for Bournemouth is immense for his development. More important for him than to make 5/10 minutes cameo once in a while. If he performs well Wilson will definately have a chance to fight for a spot next year.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Wilson playing for Bournemouth is immense for his development. More important for him than to make 5/10 minutes cameo once in a while. If he performs well Wilson will definately have a chance to fight for a spot next year.
But he can learn in training too

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Cavani right now is better than either of them were when they left Europe as well. Although a lot of his value is based on effort and I'm not sure how much of that he'll be willing to put forth in the US versus just trying to poach some goals.
And Cavani wouldn’t be transferring right now.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I think he’s better right now than Rooney or Zlatan we’re 2 years before they left as well.
I’d say he’s on par but as we saw with Rooney/RvP and many other stars, there can be a steep downfall, especially with him relying on his work rate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad