Transfer: 2019 Summer Transfers News, Rumors, and Discussion; Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Spurs are offering him what he wants... never said EPL teams who have CL footy can't get talent.

What's interesting is subjective and yet here you are.

Yes. Criticize me for hoping you would actually come up with a decent argument - as you probably know quite a lot more than me about for example La Liga.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
If Dybala is not in Sarri's plans, better to get a good chunk of money and get his salary cleared than wait for a perfect offer.
Same for Mandzukic.

I imagine they'll probably want another big signing done if they manage to offload both Dybala and Mandzukic.

With the window closing who's available at this point?

Because he could be worth double that in a couple of seasons? No i don't think he would have picked West Ham before any of those teams. That wasn't even the discussion. Barca, Real and Atletico are clearly superior to the other teams in La Liga. Valencia and Sevilla are not even close at the moment. Sevilla couldn't even finish above ****ing Getafe! They're on the same level as Everton, Wolves and Leicester. Therefore it isn't that controversial if a players chooses a PL-team over any team in Spain besides the big 3.

How could he choose Valencia over West Ham if West Ham didn't even had the chance to discuss wages with him?

Worth double that lol these aren't stock you know that eh? These are players and teams don't buy players in hopes they can double their money on them. They have no room for him and thus were never in on him. Your in fantasy land. You brought up the big 3 saying there always room for spanish talent especially for them... so which is it there's always room or they weren't interested?

Not sure what Sevilla have to do with this but they won more European trophies this decade than your team's history. But they're on Wolves level. Go watch golf.

Valencia and West Ham both wanted Gomez where did he end up?

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Correct. Pretty sure Vertonghen can be extended if he is still good enough. A bit like Scholes getting a new one year contract as you go a long. Alderweireld I am pretty sure will leave - which means you need one new guy in - most likely. Also depending a bit on how Sanchez and Foyth develop.
Well right now Foyth is your presumptive starting right back. So theoretically they’d need one or the other. And just assuming vertonghen stays is useful but who knows if it’s based on reality.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
If the club does sign Dybala too, I will be mad if the club doesn't try recreating this:

vm4awgc3x6f31.jpg

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Well right now Foyth is your presumptive starting right back. So theoretically they’d need one or the other. And just assuming vertonghen stays is useful but who knows if it’s based on reality.

You are the master of assumptions - you should know.

But yes - if Vertonghen leaves as well Spurs would need 2. But considering he keeps on repeating how much he loves playing for Spurs I don't think that is much of a stretch. Right now I am pretty sure the reason he hasn't got a longer contract is down to Spurs - not Vertonghen.

If Foyth ends up as the RB then Aurier/KWP will be sold and replaced with a CD. That would be a cheap deal for another Kevin Wimmer or similar.

Anyway. I don't see the need for big investment next year if the current window ends up being Dybala, Lo Celso, N'Dombele and Sessegnon - other than potentially one expensive CD to replace Alderweireld. Certainly not much in terms of net spend - as I don't expect players like Lucas, Lamela etc. to stay around. Not to mention Wanyama and Dier.

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
With the window closing who's available at this point?

Worth double that lol these aren't stock you know that eh? These are players and teams don't buy players in hopes they can double their money on them. They have no room for him and thus were never in on him. Your in fantasy land. You brought up the big 3 saying there always room for spanish talent especially for them... so which is it there's always room or they weren't interested?

Not sure what Sevilla have to do with this but they won more European trophies this decade than your team's history. But they're on Wolves level. Go watch golf.

Valencia and West Ham both wanted Gomez where did he end up?

Clubs buy players for profit all the time. No i said that there is always room for spanish talent especially for the teams below the big 3. It's like you don't want to listen to what i'm saying just to make a point. They are a spanish team in the same tier as Valencia so i think they fit in to the discussion. Yeah i know they won a couple of Europa League titles. Good for them. If they were actually good enough for Champions League they wouldn't have won those trophies though, but good for them. Golf? Come up with something on your own...

I'm not in the mood for this anymore. Have to at least pretend i'm working.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
You are the master of assumptions - you should know.

But yes - if Vertonghen leaves as well Spurs would need 2. But considering he keeps on repeating how much he loves playing for Spurs I don't think that is much of a stretch. Right now I am pretty sure the reason he hasn't got a longer contract is down to Spurs - not Vertonghen.

If Foyth ends up as the RB then Aurier/KWP will be sold and replaced with a CD. That would be a cheap deal for another Kevin Wimmer or similar.

Anyway. I don't see the need for big investment next year if the current window ends up being Dybala, Lo Celso, N'Dombele and Sessegnon - other than potentially one expensive CD to replace Alderweireld. Certainly not much in terms of net spend - as I don't expect players like Lucas, Lamela etc. to stay around. Not to mention Wanyama and Dier.
Again, the only assumptions I’ve made are that Foyth is playing RB this year and that players out of contract are going to be out of contract. Those are pretty small assumptions.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Again, the only assumptions I’ve made are that Foyth is playing RB this year and that players out of contract are going to be out of contract. Those are pretty small assumptions.

Tongue in cheek - partly.

I did give you a reasonable answer to your question / argument overall I believe.

Most players are re-signed. And before Alderweireld and maybe Eriksen the only one I can remember having ran down his contract for Spurs were Sol Campbell.

Reactions: bluesfan94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad