Transfer: 2019 Summer Transfers News, Rumors, and Discussion; Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Interested to see how Emery is going to set up the team now. I've been struggling to come up with what I think would be our best XI to get the most out of everyone.

With everyone fit and assuming the deals go through

Leno

Bellerin - Holding/David Luiz - Sokratis - Tierney

Torriera - Willock/Xhaka

Pepe - Özil / Ceballos - Aubameyang

Lacazette.

Or alternatively a midfield of

Torriera - Xhaka/ Willock - Ceballos with the front three of dreams ahead

A high intensity midfield with great pressing and decent creativity consisting of Torriera - Willock - Ceballos could be great if Willock shows he can handle the Premier League too, which I really think he can.

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Levy probably saved us €20M by dragging out the Lo Celso deal.

I am very curious what adding Dybala and Lo Celso could mean for someone like Dele Alli. Also surprised if Lamela would want to stay, considering he'd be far down the depth chart. Personally I think Poch should loan him to an Italian team or something.

Betis also got 20% on future deals. So, 60 million now and 20% of what ever Spurs flip him for Betis got what they wanted and then some.

No they don't. If you take a look at the other clubs beside United they are signing highly rated players from other leagues for full. I mean West Ham signed Fornals and Haller this summer. Both highly rated in La Liga and the Bundesliga.

Fornals is still trying to make a name for himself. This would be a jumping off point to CL footy. Players who have broken out are rejecting teams they think their above...

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Players of CL caliber will not go to teams without CL football. Hell even the loser Coutinho rejected a move to Spurs.

Not sure what Coutinho got to do with it.

Which players are we talking about?

And few fans, if any, have ever claimed that players on CL teams will go to "minnow" PL ones.

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
Betis also got 20% on future deals. So, 60 million now and 20% of what ever Spurs flip him for Betis got what they wanted and then some.

Fornals is still trying to make a name for himself. This would be a jumping off point to CL footy. Players who have broken out are rejecting teams they think their above...

He's rated high enough to go to a club like Valencia and play CL. Instead he choose to go to West Ham, a mid-table team in England where he will earn more money and face higher competition at daily basis. Topclubs in the Bundesliga were also after Haller. Both these players could have played CL the upcoming season if they wanted to.

Reactions: AB13

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Not sure what Coutinho got to do with it.

Which players are we talking about?

And few fans, if any, have ever claimed that players on CL teams will go to "minnow" PL ones.

Minnows I'm referring to Arsenal/Manu. Dybala and Coutinho both rejected EPL teams they thought they're above.

He's rated high enough to go to a club like Valencia and play CL. Instead he choose to go to West Ham, a mid-table team in England where he will earn more money and face higher competition at daily basis. Topclubs in the Bundesliga were also after Haller. Both these players could have played CL the upcoming season if they wanted to.

lol and if you knew anything you would know Valencia have no need for him and thus, how would he get there. It's funny you mention Valencia actually because we had the exact scenario where a la liga player would decide between West Ham or Valencia in this very window... goes where he ended up? Mind you I doubt you're even aware of this.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
They were reportedly very close with ManU as well. Until Dybala signs, I’m skeptical.

And just as I say that:

Last edited:

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
So if Dybala ends up at Spurs it proves what exactly?

Anyway. Not a very interesting discussion when this is the level you are at.

Personally I am not a "PL fan" by the way. I don't like the idea of the PL becoming some sort of "superleague" at all. Unfortunately I do believe it is somewhat trending that way when Brighton is signing players like Berge who "big" teams like Sevilla seemingly have tried to sign for quite awhile.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Looks like Spurs are trying to do a Liverpool. Spend a lot now - expecting a cheap summer next year.

And looking at the contract situation there isn't much need to spend 12 months from now anyway. A CD is probably all that would be missing.
Aren't both alderweireld and vertonghen out of contract?

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
Minnows I'm referring to Arsenal/Manu. Dybala and Coutinho both rejected EPL teams they thought they're above.

lol and if you knew anything you would know Valencia have no need for him and thus, how would he get there. It's funny you mention Valencia actually because we had the exact scenario where a la liga player would decide between West Ham or Valencia in this very window... goes where he ended up? Mind you I doubt you're even aware of this.

There is always need for highly rated spanish talents for a spanish club. Especially for clubs below Barca, Real and Atletico. Moi Gomez? He didn't choose between West Ham and Valencia. West Ham couldn't agree payment structure with Celta for him. The player didn't even had the chance to negotiate wages or anything with the club. You should try a little harder.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
So if Dybala ends up at Spurs it proves what exactly?

Anyway. Not a very interesting discussion when this is the level you are at.

Spurs are offering him what he wants... never said EPL teams who have CL footy can't get talent.

What's interesting is subjective and yet here you are.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
There is always need for highly rated spanish talents for a spanish clubs. Especielly for clubs below Barca, Real and Atletico. Moi Gomez? He didn't choose between West Ham and Valencia. West Ham couldn't agree payment structure with Celta for him. The player didn't even had the chance to negotiate wages or anything with the club. You should try a little harder.

Why would Valencia spend 30 million on a position they don't need? They're not oil rich. As for the other 3 wow you really think if one of those teams came calling he would've picked West Ham? You're on crack.

Yes Moi Gomez did choose Valencia over West Ham. Guess what most would too.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Apparently Juve are helping Spurs with the Dybala negotiations? They really want this done.

If Dybala is not in Sarri's plans, better to get a good chunk of money and get his salary cleared than wait for a perfect offer.
Same for Mandzukic.

I imagine they'll probably want another big signing done if they manage to offload both Dybala and Mandzukic.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
He's not staying.

Would be surprised to see Vertonghen leave too.

Verthongen is old and has not signed an extension, but I think he stays because he seems to like the club. Maybe he wants to leave for a club where he can win a league or the CL? Or go Belgium/MLS at his age?

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
Why would Valencia spend 30 million on a position they don't need? They're not oil rich. As for the other 3 wow you really think if one of those teams came calling he would've picked West Ham? You're on crack.

Yes Moi Gomez did choose Valencia over West Ham. Guess what most would too.

Because he could be worth double that in a couple of seasons? No i don't think he would have picked West Ham before any of those teams. That wasn't even the discussion. Barca, Real and Atletico are clearly superior to the other teams in La Liga. Valencia and Sevilla are not even close at the moment. Sevilla couldn't even finish above f***ing Getafe! They're on the same level as Everton, Wolves and Leicester. Therefore it isn't that controversial if a players chooses a PL-team over any team in Spain besides the big 3.

How could he choose Valencia over West Ham if West Ham didn't even had the chance to discuss wages with him?

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Aren't both alderweireld and vertonghen out of contract?

Correct. Pretty sure Vertonghen can be extended if he is still good enough. A bit like Scholes getting a new one year contract as you go a long. Alderweireld I am pretty sure will leave - which means you need one new guy in - most likely. Also depending a bit on how Sanchez and Foyth develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->