Bottom:

18: Norwich
19: Burnley
20: Sheffield

I'm thinking
18) Villa
19) Crystal Palace
20) Norwich

Sheffield was well organized last year and I like teams that come and don't try too much to change the system and personal that got them to the Prem. They may struggle to find goals at time but I think they will do enough to grab the 17th spot. They remind me a lot of Brighton from 2017-18.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
1. Liverpool
2. City
3. Spurs
4. Arsenal
5. Man United
6. Chelsea (this is going to be far closer with Wolves than it should be)

18. Newcastle
19. Norwich
20. Sheffield United

The gap between Rafa and Fat Head as managers is quite steep. Newcastle will suffer greatly for that change.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I think Benitz covered a lot of Ashley's cracks, I hope they stay up for the sake of all The Magpies here, but they being relegated.

Norwich City is easily going down as well.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Are you lot going to buy anybody because you're creeping towards irrelevance since Klopp left.

This doesn't make much sense.

We've bought Brandt, Hazard, Schulz, Hummels and Morey this summer. I guess we also bought Alcacer this summer, although that purchase was made a long time before the summer window. We are also the favorites to win the Bundesliga this season.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Mesut Özil's interest in D.C. United, Audi Field is...

In the wake of all that, another bit of news emerged that seemed perhaps even more unbelievable than Rooney’s bombshell. Multiple outlets reported that United’s ownership were set for a meeting with representatives of Arsenal star Mesut Özil, taking place as soon as next week. News of the meeting was first reported by the Washington Post. Details surrounding the meeting were scarce, but now, there is a bit of clarity.
Özil’s representatives are indeed set to meet with United officials soon, but the primary purpose of the meeting is to discuss plans to open a location of the star’s coffee shop in the southwest corner of Audi Field. That corner retail space – currently used by the team as a bike valet, got some new exterior branding a few months back: the glass windows now bear vinyl sheets with the logo of 39 Steps Coffee.

This doesn't make much sense.

We've bought Brandt, Hazard, Schulz, Hummels and Morey this summer. I guess we also bought Alcacer this summer, although that purchase was made a long time before the summer window. We are also the favorites to win the Bundesliga this season.
Brandt is a very solid buy, yet you'll get raided two years from now like you've always been (A+). Hazard is decent, but can be found in any league (B-). Hummels isn't good enough for Bayern any more and why they got rid of him (C-). Schulz is good (B+). Morey is way too young to be of any use as of now (N/A). Alcacer is awesome, but I wouldn't put that as a buy.

It's pretty much going to be Brandt, Alcacer, and Sancho leading you because you lot have nothing else.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hummels was Bayern's best CB. They didn't get rid of him. He left because he wanted to return to Dortmund.

Alcacer and Brandt might not even start. I don't think you know what you're saying.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Hummels was Bayern's best CB. They didn't get rid of him. He left because he wanted to return to Dortmund.

Hummels was absolutely awful the first half of last season and was one of the culprits why Bayern got off to a slow start.

He redeemed himself in the second half, but Süle was head and shoulders above him and Boa.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Raul has done more in one summer than Gazidis did in 10 years at Arsenal.

I feel sorry for Milan fans drinking his Kool-Aid.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
It is a bit crazy that 8m for a 32 year old very good, but not excellent defender is a "steal", but I tend to agree.

Optimism high on the Spurs boards. Right now I think there is a chance it ends up being Lo Celso, Dybala and Sessegnon. That would be beyond sweet.

And obviously the most important one is already signed in N'Dombele.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Eh they'll have a fully healthy De Bruyne this season who is much better anyway. Jesus seems to be finding his way as well. They'll be just as good as last season.

They're massive favourites for the title.

de Bruyne is better (or was), but he doesn't play the same role. Pep likes to overload one side of the pitch in order to create goals at the end of deadlocked matches. They will not be able to do that if Sane is hurt. de Bruyne also occupies a similar position to other players and they now have the luxury to choose which one to use, but you can't use all of them.

They aren't the massive favorites for anything. Seems that we keep going over this, over and over again. They have a lot of players with bad injury histories. Took a Kompany miracle goal for them to top us in the end.

As for the Dybala deal, if Spurs are now signing players that are rejecting Man United, all of what Ferguson created is now dead.

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
de Bruyne is better (or was), but he doesn't play the same role. Pep likes to overload one side of the pitch in order to create goals at the end of deadlocked matches. They will not be able to do that if Sane is hurt. de Bruyne also occupies a similar position to other players and they now have the luxury to choose which one to use, but you can't use all of them.

They aren't the massive favorites for anything. Seems that we keep going over this, over and over again. They have a lot of players with bad injury histories. Took a Kompany miracle goal for them to top us in the end.

As for the Dybala deal, if Spurs are now signing players that are rejecting Man United, all of what Ferguson created is now dead.

The last part is pretty interesting since United have only signed domestic players this summer. You could sense that english players are now the only ones looking at United as a big and attractive club at this point. While foreign players have no intention to go there anymore. I mean even Arsenal can attract really good players this summer despite Europa League.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I think there is some randomness in play as well, but things have certainly changed a bit. Not sure if that has so much to do with Utd being worse - probably more to do with Tottenham being a lot more attractive than the club used to be. Also in this case the Argentinean connection could be valuable. Dybala has had his issues at Juventus - moving (if it happens) to Spurs and Pochettino might just feel like the "safety" he needs to consistently perform at his highest level.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
The reason Lo Celso will be a loan with an option to buy is so Betis owe PSG less money.

It also gives us money to spare so we can potentially sign Dybala :nod:

Looks like Spurs are trying to do a Liverpool. Spend a lot now - expecting a cheap summer next year.

And looking at the contract situation there isn't much need to spend 12 months from now anyway. A CD is probably all that would be missing.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

I wouldn’t say that Dybala rejecting for spurs means that. For one spurs have a few things over Manu right now( CL, Poch, Lo celso/coco) but once the ship turns slight back on track and they get a real manager they would be able to pull players back in. Dybala might also have spoken with ADM too.

The last part is pretty interesting since United have only signed domestic players this summer. You could sense that english players are now the only ones looking at United as a big and attractive club at this point. While foreign players have no intention to go there anymore. I mean even Arsenal can attract really good players this summer despite Europa League.

Again it’s epl fans and followers who over value their club because epl is the bestest. I think this window has really shown what foreign players think of minnow epl teams.

The reason Lo Celso will be a loan with an option to buy is so Betis owe PSG less money.

It also gives us money to spare so we can potentially sign Dybala :nod:

Win win win!

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Levy probably saved us €20M by dragging out the Lo Celso deal.

I am very curious what adding Dybala and Lo Celso could mean for someone like Dele Alli. Also surprised if Lamela would want to stay, considering he'd be far down the depth chart. Personally I think Poch should loan him to an Italian team or something.

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
Again it’s epl fans and followers who over value their club because epl is the bestest. I think this window has really shown what foreign players think of minnow epl teams.

No they don't. If you take a look at the other clubs beside United they are signing highly rated players from other leagues for full. I mean West Ham signed Fornals and Haller this summer. Both highly rated in La Liga and the Bundesliga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad