Discussion in 'Soccer' started by bluesfan94, Jul 24, 2019.
He was a great signing in FIFA 18.
His wages were alwasy slightly too high though cause of how inflated the Prem is in that game ( and in real life)
I remember watching Ceballos light it up with the Spain juniors a few years back, really hope it really was Madrid holding him back this will probably be our biggest "signing" of the summer
It was usually worth it for a league one/two team. Could get him for a low price and he had good potential. His pace also worked really well in the lower divisions.
William Saliba is an Arsenal player! Preferred us over Sp*rs for obvious reasons.
Before anyone ****s on AB.
Also not sure how reliable AS is.
History doesn't matter apparently. Arsenal are a small club. Saliba must be a stupid man right?
Before the U21s, so before Madrid said no buy option...I didn't think it was that hard to get...
Granted both are on loan, but I hope both signings trigger some exodus from other players at Arsenal...
- Arsenal probably still sell Koscienly regardless if they replace him at all.
- Even though Spurs offered 30 million for Saliba, Arsenal were still able to get him for 27 million pounds. Lol.
- I would like Mustafi gone as soon as possible as well, I don't care if that means we have to play Chambers as CB for eighteen games this season.
- Super disappointed Arsenal Front Office didn't push more to unsettle Xhaka, the rumoured bid of 55 million by Inter always seemed too good to be true. Even getting just 40 million for him would be a step in the right direction
- I hope the Ceballos loan creates a deal where El Neny is shipped out as some of the kids have surpassed him already such as Jules and Willock.
I doubt Arsenal sell Monreal, Chambers, Jenkinson (who has looked very good so far), Kolasinac, and Ozil this late in the window.
I would think basically every Arsenal fan thinks the same here. I would like to a big, ball playing defensive midfielder, who primarily is tasked with shielding our weak defense, like Thomas Partey for example, which would allow Torriera to use his aggression while pressing higher up the field. Willock needs to be given a lot of chances, he is a million miles ahead of Guendouzi at the moment.
A high energy, creative 3 man midfield with Ceballos, Torriera and Willock is now a good option, depending on opposition.
Is Jim White a reliable source?
Curious question, but why haven't we seen Guendouzi so far in preseason? Did he get a knock and I don't know about it? I get that Iwobi and Torreira played summer international competitions and Bellerin with Holding are still on the IR. But we haven't seen Matteo, Mavropanos, or Smith-Rowe (disappointed he hasn't played yet) start and curious is to why?
Always expected the player to select Arsenal in this case. Smart buy from them, sadly.
Guendouzi played in the U21 Euros ( or mostly sat on the bench really), and was pretty useless when he played. Smith-Rowe sadly is injured, I had been looking forward to watching him. Same goes for Mavropanos, he is currently injured.
Well Spurs wouldn't sell Carter-Vickers to us so we had to settle for Saliba.
I think ESR has a knock and Guendouzi had the U-21s this summer. Might be why, but I don't know.
Crazy that Tottenham spent all that time and effort to recruit him before even asking Madrid if it was possible.
Jenkinson decidedly did not look good against Real Madrid. The attacks came down his side repeatedly.
One of the most reliable on Sky Sports i believe. Big day for us Gooners. Still waiting for a central defender that will play with us the upcoming season though.
Rob Holding coming back from injury and Chambers returning from loan. It's like two new signings. Honestly, I don't really mind. I think we still have a good shot at Champion's League this year with what we have and I'd rather not spend money on a buy now type player unless it's super cheap ala Sokratis
The worrying part is no concrete link to a CB for this upcoming season.
“I wanted to go to Spurs, but as Cardiff has shown red is better than blue”
What do Arsenal fans expect the player to say?
I don’t know what Spurs fans might have said, but I don’t know a single Spurs fan that believe Spurs will just pick whatever players they want that Arsenal are chasing.
The same way few Liverpool fans probably believe that they could do the same towards Spurs - even if basically every Liverpool fan believe they are a bigger and currently got a better team than Spurs.
Now that Alderweireld is also staying Spurs are not exactly desperate for a CD. I’m perfectly OK with bringing in Dybala instead.
Sounds like the deal is stalled at the moment, both clubs are a handful of million apart.
- Arsenal linked to another surplus Madrid player and that is Mariano Diaz who is rumoured to be around 18 million pounds range. Perez told ZZ not to play Diaz because he wants to get rid of him, but the player does not want to leave Madrid. Emery very interested in him.
- Daniele Rugani still heavily linked again with Arsenal today. @Juve anything being mentioned in the Italia giornali?
- Emile Smith-Rowe might go back to Bundesliga with a season long loan at Wolfsburg.
- Palace want 80 million pounds for Zaha (due to the Man United clause) and Arsenal won't bid anything higher than 40 million for him.
I said already Arsenal are viewed as a big club by a lot of French people.
Reality check will hurt though.
Yeah, way more hardcore winning 5-4 instead of 1-0 i agree. Because that's what we are looking at here if we don't strengthen the defence
Great couple signings for the Arsenal. Now time to clear some of the dead wood and get a couple more new players in.
Had to laugh at Saliba coming in part because of the french connection. Wenger's fixation on his own country men has payed off!
Seems Kezman is in England to negotiate details on SMS to United, supposedly 80 million €.
Separate names with a comma.