Transfer: 2019 Summer Transfers News, Rumors, and Discussion; Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I remember watching Ceballos light it up with the Spain juniors a few years back, really hope it really was Madrid holding him back this will probably be our biggest "signing" of the summer :skeptic:

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015

Before anyone shits on AB.

Also not sure how reliable AS is.

History doesn't matter apparently. Arsenal are a small club. Saliba must be a stupid man right?

Last edited:
Reactions: AB13

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Granted both are on loan, but I hope both signings trigger some exodus from other players at Arsenal...

- Arsenal probably still sell Koscienly regardless if they replace him at all.

- Even though Spurs offered 30 million for Saliba, Arsenal were still able to get him for 27 million pounds. Lol.

- I would like Mustafi gone as soon as possible as well, I don't care if that means we have to play Chambers as CB for eighteen games this season.

- Super disappointed Arsenal Front Office didn't push more to unsettle Xhaka, the rumoured bid of 55 million by Inter always seemed too good to be true. Even getting just 40 million for him would be a step in the right direction

- I hope the Ceballos loan creates a deal where El Neny is shipped out as some of the kids have surpassed him already such as Jules and Willock.

I doubt Arsenal sell Monreal, Chambers, Jenkinson (who has looked very good so far), Kolasinac, and Ozil this late in the window.

Reactions: AB13

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Granted both are on loan, but I hope both signings trigger some exodus from other players at Arsenal...

- Arsenal probably still sell Koscienly regardless if they replace him at all.

- Even though Spurs offered 30 million for Saliba, Arsenal were still able to get him for 27 million pounds. Lol.

- I would like Mustafi gone as soon as possible as well, I don't care if that means we have to play Chambers as CB for eighteen games this season.

- Super disappointed Arsenal Front Office didn't push more to unsettle Xhaka, the rumoured bid of 55 million by Inter always seemed too good to be true. Even getting just 40 million for him would be a step in the right direction

- I hope the Ceballos loan creates a deal where El Neny is shipped out as some of the kids have surpassed him already such as Jules and Willock.

I doubt Arsenal sell Monreal, Chambers, Jenkinson (who has looked very good so far), Kolasinac, and Ozil this late in the window though.

I would think basically every Arsenal fan thinks the same here. I would like to a big, ball playing defensive midfielder, who primarily is tasked with shielding our weak defense, like Thomas Partey for example, which would allow Torriera to use his aggression while pressing higher up the field. Willock needs to be given a lot of chances, he is a million miles ahead of Guendouzi at the moment.

A high energy, creative 3 man midfield with Ceballos, Torriera and Willock is now a good option, depending on opposition.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I would think basically every Arsenal fan thinks the same here. I would like to a big, ball playing defensive midfielder, who primarily is tasked with shielding our weak defense, like Thomas Partey for example, which would allow Torriera to use his aggression while pressing higher up the field. Willock needs to be given a lot of chances, he is a million miles ahead of Guendouzi at the moment.
Curious question, but why haven't we seen Guendouzi so far in preseason? Did he get a knock and I don't know about it? I get that Iwobi and Torreira played summer international competitions and Bellerin with Holding are still on the IR. But we haven't seen Matteo, Mavropanos, or Smith-Rowe (disappointed he hasn't played yet) start and curious is to why?

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Curious question, but why haven't we seen Guendouzi so far in preseason? Did he get a knock and I don't know about it? I get that Iwobi and Torreira played summer international competitions and Bellerin with Holding are still on the IR. But we haven't seen Matteo, Mavropanos, or Smith-Rowe (disappointed he hasn't played yet) start and curious is to why?

Guendouzi played in the U21 Euros ( or mostly sat on the bench really), and was pretty useless when he played. Smith-Rowe sadly is injured, I had been looking forward to watching him. Same goes for Mavropanos, he is currently injured.

Reactions: S E P H

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I think ESR has a knock and Guendouzi had the U-21s this summer. Might be why, but I don't know.
Before the U21s, so before Madrid said no buy option...I didn't think it was that hard to get...
Crazy that Tottenham spent all that time and effort to recruit him before even asking Madrid if it was possible.
I doubt Arsenal sell Monreal, Chambers, Jenkinson (who has looked very good so far), Kolasinac, and Ozil this late in the window.
Jenkinson decidedly did not look good against Real Madrid. The attacks came down his side repeatedly.

Reactions: S E P H

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
One of the most reliable on Sky Sports i believe. Big day for us Gooners. Still waiting for a central defender that will play with us the upcoming season though.
Rob Holding coming back from injury and Chambers returning from loan. It's like two new signings. :sarcasm: Honestly, I don't really mind. I think we still have a good shot at Champion's League this year with what we have and I'd rather not spend money on a buy now type player unless it's super cheap ala Sokratis

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
“I wanted to go to Spurs, but as Cardiff has shown red is better than blue”

What do Arsenal fans expect the player to say?

I don’t know what Spurs fans might have said, but I don’t know a single Spurs fan that believe Spurs will just pick whatever players they want that Arsenal are chasing.

The same way few Liverpool fans probably believe that they could do the same towards Spurs - even if basically every Liverpool fan believe they are a bigger and currently got a better team than Spurs.

Now that Alderweireld is also staying Spurs are not exactly desperate for a CD. I’m perfectly OK with bringing in Dybala instead.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Is Jim White a reliable source?

Sounds like the deal is stalled at the moment, both clubs are a handful of million apart.

- Arsenal linked to another surplus Madrid player and that is Mariano Diaz who is rumoured to be around 18 million pounds range. Perez told ZZ not to play Diaz because he wants to get rid of him, but the player does not want to leave Madrid. Emery very interested in him.

- Daniele Rugani still heavily linked again with Arsenal today. @Juve anything being mentioned in the Italia giornali?

- Emile Smith-Rowe might go back to Bundesliga with a season long loan at Wolfsburg.

- Palace want 80 million pounds for Zaha (due to the Man United clause) and Arsenal won't bid anything higher than 40 million for him.

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
Rob Holding coming back from injury and Chambers returning from loan. It's like two new signings. :sarcasm: Honestly, I don't really mind. I think we still have a good shot at Champion's League this year with what we have and I'd rather not spend money on a buy now type player unless it's super cheap ala Sokratis

Yeah, way more hardcore winning 5-4 instead of 1-0 i agree. Because that's what we are looking at here if we don't strengthen the defence ;)

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Great couple signings for the Arsenal. Now time to clear some of the dead wood and get a couple more new players in.

Had to laugh at Saliba coming in part because of the french connection. Wenger's fixation on his own country men has payed off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad