2019 Summer/Fall Prospect Poll: #9

Who is the Sabres' #9 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
All prospects who fit the HF prospect criteria are included.

ELIGIBILITY
-In his Age-24 season with fewer than 65 NHL games for a skater (or 45 games for a goalie).

-If signed out of Europe or the NCAA at age 22 or older, fewer than 65 (skaters) or 45 (goalies) games within three years of signing.

-The following players' eligibility is based on the 22 and over rule: C.J. Smith (03/30/20), Lawrence Pilut (03/15/21), Andrew Oglevie (04/11/21), Victor Olofsson (04/24/21), Brandon Hickey (07/01/21), Casey Fitzgerald (03/26/22).

-Jonas Johansson will age out after this season.

-If I have made any mistakes with the list, let me know.

RULES
Each poll runs 24 hours and is public. Vote for your choice and nominate a prospect from the list below to replace that player on the subsequent poll.

If there is a tie in the Top 10, there will be a run-off and the losing prospect will be returned to the pool for the next vote. Outside the Top 10, the tie will hold, the two highest Adds will be added and we'll move on.

PROSPECT RANKINGS
In the past, we've also done skater-only and goalie-only threads, as well as aggregate-type of rankings. If someone is interested, they are welcome to inherit that responsibility.

2019 Summer/Fall Prospect Rankings
1. Dylan Cozens, C (nr): 48 of 73 votes (65.8%). Runner up, Victor Olofsson (8 votes)
2. Victor Olofsson, LW (+1): 39 of 105 votes (37.1%). Runner up, Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen (31 votes)
3. Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen, G (-1): 42 of 90 votes (46.7%). Runner up, Henri Jokiharju (42 votes; Luukkonen wins runoff 41-37)
4. Henri Jokiharju, D (nr): 65 of 77 votes (84.4%). Runner up, Lawrence Pilut (7 votes)
5. Lawrence Pilut, D (-4): 71 of 108 votes (65.7%). Runner up, Rasmus Asplund (16 votes)
6. Oskari Laaksonen, D (+1): 29 of 87 votes (33.3%). Runner up, Rasmus Asplund (23 votes)
7. Rasmus Asplund, C (-2): 39 of 90 votes (43.3%). Runner up, Ryan Johnson (32 votes)
8. Ryan Johnson, D (nr): 46 of 65 votes (70.8%). Runners up, W. Borgen and C. Smith (5 votes each)

Eligible to be added
G: Jonas Johansson

D: Casey Fitzgerald, Brandon Hickey, Linus Lindstrand Cronholm, Philip Nyberg, Devante Stephens, William Worge Kreu

F: Filip Cederqvist, Vasili Glotov, Aaron Huglen, Brett Murray, Andrew Oglevie, Lukas Rousek

Last edited:

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
Went Smith here. I just feel like Borgen and Samuelsson are going to have a rough time translating their games to the pros. It’s hard to be a solid defensive defensman in today’s game. I’m thinking good to great 3rd pair is their ceiling.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
The further down CJ Smith, Samuelsson, Borgen, Pekar fall down our list, the better off our pantry is. So at this point, I'm good with any and all of them. Add Cronholm. I picked Samuelsson again! lol

Reactions: Puppa2Miller

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
I’m so out of the prospect loop these days. I just looked the the list and said, who the heck is Miska Kukkonen. Had no clue.

I’m getting old. I used to follow this so closely.

Reactions: lancaster14

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
I’m so out of the prospect loop these days. I just looked the the list and said, who the heck is Miska Kukkonen. Had no clue.

I’m getting old. I used to follow this so closely.

Imagine the best D-Man in the world and even he would not compare to Miska:

Hits like Chara:

Stick handles like Zubov:

Vision and passing of a young Mike Green:

Got a late call up and played lights out in the SM-LIGA playoffs last year as a youngin.

Will probably be on the 3rd pair for Finland his year.

Reactions: Chainshot

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Kukkonen is my breakout-out candidate for next season. I'm not moving him up too much on my list yet, but I think the potential is there for him to have a big season this year.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Kukkonen is my breakout-out candidate for next season. I'm not moving him up too much on my list yet, but I think the potential is there for him to have a big season this year.

Just go ahead and do it! Once WJC hits and people know him, it's going to blow up.

Last edited:

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Time to retire the giraffe.
cuckoo.jpg

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Samuelsson.

Both him and Johnson are in my top 5 after Cozens, Olofsson and Joki. Don't really consider Pilut a prospect anymore and guys like Asplund shouldn't be ahead of these 2. Top 4 D>> 3C .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad