2019 Summer/Fall Prospect Poll: #5

Who is the Sabres' #5 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
All prospects who fit the HF prospect criteria are included.

ELIGIBILITY
-In his Age-24 season with fewer than 65 NHL games for a skater (or 45 games for a goalie).

-If signed out of Europe or the NCAA at age 22 or older, fewer than 65 (skaters) or 45 (goalies) games within three years of signing.

-The following players' eligibility is based on the 22 and over rule: C.J. Smith (03/30/20), Lawrence Pilut (03/15/21), Andrew Oglevie (04/11/21), Victor Olofsson (04/24/21), Brandon Hickey (07/01/21), Casey Fitzgerald (03/26/22).

-Jonas Johansson will age out after this season.

-If I have made any mistakes with the list, let me know.

RULES
Each poll runs 24 hours and is public. Vote for your choice and nominate a prospect from the list below to replace that player on the subsequent poll.

If there is a tie in the Top 10, there will be a run-off and the losing prospect will be returned to the pool for the next vote. Outside the Top 10, the tie will hold, the two highest Adds will be added and we'll move on.

PROSPECT RANKINGS
In the past, we've also done skater-only and goalie-only threads, as well as aggregate-type of rankings. If someone is interested, they are welcome to inherit that responsibility.

2019 Summer/Fall Prospect Rankings
1. Dylan Cozens, C (nr): 48 of 73 votes (65.8%). Runner up, Victor Olofsson (8 votes)
2. Victor Olofsson, LW (+1): 39 of 105 votes (37.1%). Runner up, Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen (31 votes)
3. Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen, G (-1): 42 of 90 votes (46.7%). Runner up, Henri Jokiharju (42 votes; Luukkonen wins runoff 41-37)
4. Henri Jokiharju, D (nr): 65 of 77 votes (84.4%). Runner up, Lawrence Pilut (7 votes)

Eligible to be added
G: Jonas Johansson, Erik Portillo

D: Casey Fitzgerald, Brandon Hickey, Miska Kukkonen, Linus Lindstrand Cronholm, Philip Nyberg, Devante Stephens, William Worge Kreu

F: Filip Cederqvist, Marcus Davidsson, Vasili Glotov, Aaron Huglen, Brett Murray, Andrew Oglevie, Lukas Rousek, Linus Weissbach

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I went Johnson here, but I think we are in another cluster/grouping of similar prospects upside. I like Pilut's upside, but he didn't blow me away last season in pro action, so we have a bigger sample size for his pro game.

Add Portillo.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Crazy how so many people on this poll are D.

Sad that so few people in the poll are forwards with only 2-3 good forward adds left.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

Sad that so few people in the poll are forwards with only 2-3 good forward adds left.

The good news is D are usually harder to get than forwards, so we have some pieces for a trade for a forward later.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003

We are largely unfamiliar with this years draft class of forwards outside of Cozens as the Sabres drafted a goalie and a defenseman prior to adding to their forward prospect pool (i.e. the 2019 class has yet to build their body of work). Davidson hasn't even made the list yet, and any of the forward prospect could turn out bigger contributors to the club over guys that are on the current poll including Davidsson.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013

Not really crazy at all, this board loves its Keleta's and grinders, I bet 80% of this board would rather watch a defensive hockey game then a high scoring game.

Just look at how scoring points is undervalued over advance stats around here.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Not really crazy at all, this board loves its Keleta's and grinders, I bet 80% of this board would rather watch a defensive hockey game then a high scoring game.

Or, people understand that good PMDs help unlock offense...

And the top 2 picks were forwards, one of which was a late round pick.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017

What the heck do advanced stats have to do with grinders or defensive hockey?

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
What the heck do advanced stats have to do with grinders or defensive hockey?
An example, this forum works like this, I say Kaleta is a bum, he adds nothing in terms of scoring and the advance stat warriors come out in full force showing how he makes the 4th line better yet the stat lines show 4 assists and 1 goal in 60 games.

Advance stats are fine, I accept them but not when the eye test and the goals and assists dont add up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad