2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I still can't get over pajama boy leaving the Isles for greener pastures...a first round exit.

Meanwhile his old team is...in the second round.

LMFAO!
IMG_20190423_221612.jpg

Reactions: Identity404

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
Gotta give credit to Martin Jones, he pulled things together when needed these last 2 games.

I was wholly unimpressed with Pacioretty tonight, he looked awful and giveaways like crazy. Stone was better than advertised though

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Stone was better than advertised though

Mark Stone is pretty much the perfect hockey player, IMO. Way too much is made of his lack of speed.

And I don't know what Vegas's plans are for him, but I do know that William Karlsson would instantly make us a legit contender. A big, strong two-way center with skill and grit. If I'm offer-sheeting anyone this summer, it's Karlsson, not Marner. I'm dreaming, I know. I don't think we will aim that high, and I don't think Vegas will let him go.

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
Mark Stone is pretty much the perfect hockey player, IMO. Way too much is made of his lack of speed.

And I don't know what Vegas's plans are for him, but I do know that William Karlsson would instantly make us a legit contender. A big, strong two-way center with skill and grit. If I'm offer-sheeting anyone this summer, it's Karlsson, not Marner. I'm dreaming, I know. I don't think we will aim that high, and I don't think Vegas will let him go.

I'd love Karlsson, and there's a chance Vegas has to move him so I'd want to be involved. But I wouldn't offer sheet him. In a league where offer sheets never happen, I just don't see it for those big names. But on the "smaller names with a 1% chance" if I'm gonna offer sheet anyone, it's Kapanen. $4.1m for a 2nd? Done

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
Looking back, it was utterly ridiculous how Gallant didn't burn his TO during that major PP, especially after the 2nd goal. Gotta relax the team and stall the momentum, just letting them play when they're clearly rattled was very questionable.

He did after the third goal, but your point is still valid. That has to be one of the most devastating penalty kills in the salary cap era if not longer than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad