GDT: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs ( general talk )

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsFanInMichigan

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
Apr 16, 2018
Michigan
I don’t know if I’ll watch anymore hockey for the season. I’ll divert my attention to the Nuggets. After that I don’t know Netflix maybe.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Seriously none of these teams excite me or have any intrigue.

Sharks: meh old team that would only be there to finally no choke.

Blues: nothing special about them but I guess first Cup for St Louis?

Carolina: Already has a cup. The whole jerks thing is played out at this point.

Boston: As if that city needs another championship.

Probably won’t watch many games if any.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

13938481_1189132247795277_8895402798893170277_n.jpg

Reactions: S E P H

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
The Canes-Bruins GDT is just toxic. Since the puck dropped you've got a small but very vocal contingent of Boston fans who have done nothing but cry about the refs. Constantly. It's like Jack Edwards has poisoned their minds.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Three straight powerplays in the 3rd period for the Bruins, only one of the penalty calls should have resulted in a powerplay. Boston already has two goals, let's see if it results in a third.

Boy, I truly cannot remember the last time officials played as big a role in the playoffs as they have this year. It's out of hand.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Three straight powerplays in the 3rd period for the Bruins, only one of the penalty calls should have resulted in a powerplay. Boston already has two goals, let's see if it results in a third.

Boy, I truly cannot remember the last time officials played as big a role in the playoffs as they have this year. It's out of hand.

Gotta get Chara another cup or Jumbo his.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
How many teams have Roy ruined with his pulling goalie early:laugh:

Everyone started doing it after it worked for Roy couple of times, but in general it never works, all you get is a empty net goals scored on and losing games

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Has the Jordan Binnington magic run out? Sharks have 5 goals on just 21 shots.

I get it's human nature to want to defend the slot, but I just don't get why teams refuse to cover the points against the Sharks. Let their three forwards cycle down low all they want, if you play their point men air tight, you are taking away the #1 source of their offensive strategy.

You have to MAKE their forwards beat you without Burns and Karlsson and, quite frankly, I don't think they can. The problem is, teams don't defend the points. How many times do the Sharks work the puck deep, then pass it tape-to-tape back to the point or bank it off the boards and the winger is laying off of the defensemen like crazy, giving sooo much room.

I just don't get it. There's a formula out there to beat San Jose, yet nobody seems to want to employ it.

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
Has the Jordan Binnington magic run out? Sharks have 5 goals on just 21 shots.

I get it's human nature to want to defend the slot, but I just don't get why teams refuse to cover the points against the Sharks. Let their three forwards cycle down low all they want, if you play their point men air tight, you are taking away the #1 source of their offensive strategy.

You have to MAKE their forwards beat you without Burns and Karlsson and, quite frankly, I don't think they can. The problem is, teams don't defend the points. How many times do the Sharks work the puck deep, then pass it tape-to-tape back to the point or bank it off the boards and the winger is laying off of the defensemen like crazy, giving sooo much room.

I just don't get it. There's a formula out there to beat San Jose, yet nobody seems to want to employ it.

2 or 3 of the San Jose goals have come from the forwards, in the slot without tips. That's why teams still don't cover the points. The slot is still the most dangerous area of the ice and you simply can't give a team as talented as the Sharks, the slot at will.

A forward makes a nice move and rips it low slot and a terrible giveaway that the blues can't recover from. That's 2 of the 5 goals. I missed the other 3 but one was a 5 on three.

Teams would still prefer a shot from the point and trying to get a body or stick on the men in front to prevent tips than forwards, whom are great along the wall, walking into the slot.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
Hated how our series ended but I want the sharks to win the whole thing. I want to see Jumbo win the cup

Reactions: McMetal

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Hated how our series ended but I want the sharks to win the whole thing. I want to see Jumbo win the cup

Of the Final 4 I’d go Carolina if I had my druthers. After that, I’m cool with Jumbo Joe hoisting the Cup. Just say no to the BLose & this forum’s O’Reilly contingent. Lol

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I am not sure Sharks are as good as their run is as it seems everything is going right for them, but I gotta give them credit for one aspect. That is, they're so good at just absorbing pressure either if it's mentality, turtling, physically, or even both. They turtled in almost every game against us when they had the lead, but were able to survive. Even if Blues lose this series, they're targeting specific players and just running into them any chance they got. That's something we definitely did not do in our series, like EK65 is playing injured, but holy smokes Blaise got like 5 solid hits in this game. They might be limping to the Finals if Blues decide to stop playing hockey and goon it up.

Also wanted to add that Meier is pretty unbelievable. Again he's not better than Mikko if you were to compare their overall skill, but man he is as physically tough and talented as they come by.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Even if Blues lose this series, they're targeting specific players and just running into them any chance they got. That's something we definitely did not do in our series
We simply didn't have the personnel to do it. Upfront we have a lot of smurfs, a couple of gentle giants (Soda, Wilson) and the top line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->