Series Discussion: 2019 Stanley Cup Finals - Battle of the Bs: Blues vs. Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
I realized that if the Caps aren't in it, or actually if someone I hate doesn't go deep (in the past Pitt and NYR) that I don't really care much about playoff hockey. I do hope the Blues win, but if the Bruins win I won't lose sleep. I was more interested hoping Pitt would get knocked off or the Rangers wouldn't win a Cup outside of our own success.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Mojo and Coyle have been fantastic deadline adds for the Bruins. They’ve made a non-existent Boston third line into a powerhouse third line.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
And now a softie from Binnington with 8 seconds left in the period (which may be overturned)

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Mojo and Coyle have been fantastic deadline adds for the Bruins. They’ve made a non-existent Boston third line into a powerhouse third line.
Yeah their chemistry is really good. Coyle brings a sandpaper + skill combo that MoJo lacks, and Marcus brings finesse and vision that makes Coyle better

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Boston in 5. I'm not happy about it, other than being happy for Mojo, but this looks a lot like the finals last year, where one team was clearly superior.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Boston in 5. I'm not happy about it, other than being happy for Mojo, but this looks a lot like the finals last year, where one team was clearly superior.

The Blues were pretty dominant in Game 2. This series ain’t over.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
The Blues miss Dunn on the back-end but Boston has been there before and acted like it tonight.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Saw a few Oshie jerseys in the stands. Go Blues! And Hail to the Chief! Also, LOL Flyers.

Oshie will always be well loved in St. Louis. I still have my Oshie jersey hanging in my closet.

I'm hoping to get the feeling you guys had last year. Our stories are very similar. Been in the league for a long time, always had really good teams that just couldn't get over the hump, everyone always wondered if we'll ever win a Cup.

I see a lot of similarities in the Blues and Caps and what their fans had to go through. Much love from St. Louis

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Oshie will always be well loved in St. Louis. I still have my Oshie jersey hanging in my closet.

I'm hoping to get the feeling you guys had last year. Our stories are very similar. Been in the league for a long time, always had really good teams that just couldn't get over the hump, everyone always wondered if we'll ever win a Cup.

I see a lot of similarities in the Blues and Caps and what their fans had to go through. Much love from St. Louis

I think the only reason any of us are happy with either outcome is that Marcus Johansson would get his name on the Cup and he was loved in DC, but yeah, I hope the Blues win. I had a moment pop up on my timeline yesterday reminding me I was with some friends in Chicago for G3 of the SCF last year on that date and it brought back a flood of emotions. I remember exactly what bar(s) I was at and I remember losing my mind when DSP scored to make it 3-0 in the closing minutes of the 1st period and actually feeling like this is real and we're going to do it.

Every step of the journey conjures up vivid and happy memories. I was outside in the sea of humanity for G5 when they ended up winning the damn thing. By happenstance I got to get drunk with the team and touch the Cup at Cafe Milano during the famous fountain celebration. Everyone should get to experience that at some point in their lives because it's incredible and the longer you wait the sweeter it is. I hope the dream comes true for the Blues this year!

Reactions: Note Worthy

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
I'll never get my head around Doc's use of the non-verb "swagger" to connote moving the puck

Last edited:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Acciari kind of dove whipping his right leg back. Without that he might have gotten the call. That's what Bozak was motioning for.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
I can never feel bad for or support a team that Marchand plays on. He is the biggest arsehole in the league, and it's not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad