Status
Not open for further replies.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Congrats to Blues. But what was that celly? the hoist? and the rest? Seemed like they won game 15 of the regular season and not the stanley cup.

I say this with utmost confidence.... No team will ever celebrate winning a Cup like Ovi and the Caps. No one, ever. From the countdown, to the mob on the ice, GB handing Ovi the cup and that gut roar, Ovi and Backie sharing a hoist, the victory lap complete with bewbs flashing, the all nighter in Vegas, the all week in DC, the fountains of Georgetown, Oshie drinking through his shirt, We Are The Champions being sung many places including a Nats game, Ovi reminding the parade goers that "we're not gonna be f***ing suck this year", all the way to the banner raising. Nothing will ever top all that.

That said, congrats Blues and your fans. Enjoy it. I know we did!

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I say this with utmost confidence.... No team will ever celebrate winning a Cup like Ovi and the Caps. No one, ever. From the countdown, to the mob on the ice, GB handing Ovi the cup and that gut roar, Ovi and Backie sharing a hoist, the victory lap complete with bewbs flashing, the all nighter in Vegas, the all week in DC, the fountains of Georgetown, Oshie drinking through his shirt, We Are The Champions being sung many places including a Nats game, Ovi reminding the parade goers that "we're not gonna be ****ing suck this year", all the way to the banner raising. Nothing will ever top all that.

That said, congrats Blues and your fans. Enjoy it. I know we did!

No one (ever) will celebrate like the Caps did. But the Blues celebrated it like it was their 3rd cup in a row.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
No one (ever) will celebrate like the Caps did. But the Blues celebrated it like it was their 3rd cup in a row.

Well, I look at it this way:

Blues fans were at the bottom of the barrel in January so making the playoffs was a win in itself. Low expectations/low pressure to win. I talked to my Blues buddy after they were up 3-0 in the 3rd. 'There's still a chance for us to blow it'. Plus winning in Beantown with not a lot of Blues fans in attendance.

Caps: Stacked team that kept of choking/under-performing for 10+ years in a row. High expectations/pressure to win. Won in Vegas with a sea of red in attendance.

Also, those russian & euro ravers really know how to party. haha

Just my .02

Reactions: Devil Dancer

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Another positive to the Blues winning: ROR trade now eclipses the Forsberg trade as the worst trade in recent memory. Yay us!

What? No way. Who the heck knows what the two picks end up being, and if O'Reilly ever does anything again in his career. He was pretty bad in these playoffs up until the Final if we are being honest.

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
In regards to the Forsberg trade--I don't think we win a Cup without it. It basically caused GMGM to get fired, we hire GMBM, trade for Oshie, sigh Niskanen and Brooks, fire Oates, hire Trotz...

I don't know if any of that stuff happens if we don't trade Forsberg.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
In regards to the Forsberg trade--I don't think we win a Cup without it. It basically caused GMGM to get fired, we hire GMBM, trade for Oshie, sigh Niskanen and Brooks, fire Oates, hire Trotz...

I don't know if any of that stuff happens if we don't trade Forsberg.

I think GMGM and Oates get fired when the team misses the playoffs, regardless of what happens with the Forsberg/Erat trade. The big difference would be them likely not trading for Oshie because they have Forsberg in house, and then possibly not signing Justin Williams because they would still have Brouwer. Maybe some alternate events happen instead (ripple effects).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad