Patriots/NFL 2019 Season III - Preseason - Cut Down Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
That line may not be as strong as it was before, but it's really deep now, which is the important thing because injuries are inevitable there.

A lot is riding on Isaiah Wynn's health though.

Andrews loss hurts but I don’t think Froholt and Cajuste getting the redshirt treatment is a bad thing.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
If Froholdt was a guy from Alabama named Tim Smith, I'd have reasonable expectations for him. But with a name like Hjalte Froholdt, I expect him to pretty much be the Mountain from Game of Thrones right away.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think belichick drafts a bust in the 2nd round to keep us all humble and grounded. Only explanation for a guy like Jordan Richards tbh

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Also: Seattle just agreed to terms in a trade for a Clowney. No details yet but likely going to be a great move for Seattle.

Would think with Luck retiring and Houston losing Clowney and Miller that we’ll see JAX back in the playoffs.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'm starting to feel like there are only three good teams in the entire AFC. Not three contenders and then a tier of playoff teams. I mean three good teams and then sub-.500 trash.

Pats, Chiefs, Chargers, (huge gap) rest of conference.

The AFC south self-destructed. The north has teams that I guess could make a run at the division like Baltimore or maybe Cleveland if everythkng aligns. The rest of the AFC East is in a downward spiral even for them.

I could see the Pats at 14-2, Chiefs at 13-3, Chargers as a wild card at 12-4, and then the other division winners and wild cards at 9-7.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I could see the chiefs D imploding again. Mahomes should be enough to keep them in contention though

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I could see the chiefs D imploding again. Mahomes should be enough to keep them in contention though
They strike me as susceptible to a locker room meltdown with all the low character skill guys they've built their roster around. But on talent they probably get by, though I think Denver with Flacco will be better and the Chargers should contend as well.

Like I've said before, the best advantage the Pats have this year is schedule. While the AFC West teams beat up on each other, the Pats get a schedule that's not only very weak in terms of teams played, but I think the furthest flight they have all year is Cincinnati. They'll be rested and waiting for a tomato can to come into Foxboro in January while everyone else scratches and claws for position.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I wish Hoyer would retire and become a QB coach or assistant of some kind. They say he's been invaluable in helping the defense prepare for opposing QBs.

That said, he's still got a warm enough arm that another team will pay him a million or so to split starts on a crappy team or backup a mediocre one. He'll be in Detroit or Buffalo by the end of the weekend I bet.

But asset management-wise Stidham's gotta be your future, cutting Hoyer's 100% the right call.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
BC looking good so far
upload_2019-8-31_16-59-54.png

Very few people can see this network

Reactions: KrejciMVP

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
The Pats definitely found out someone was claiming Gunner and he wouldn't make it to the PS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->