2019 Season Discussion Thread

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Philosophical question from actual fantasy scenario:

I'm up by a point with Travis Kelce left to play. Opponent is done. We lose two points for fumbles lost.

Sit Kelce?

The odds are against Kelce's statline being 9 yards and a fumble, so you should be safe.

But from the philosophical pov, I'd sit him. You've got the win, so just take the guarantee. That is unless your league has points for as a tiebreaker, and you're worried about drawing at the end of the season.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
So with Hill and DJ on bye week this how my roster looks for this week

WR - Mike Evans, Marquise Brown, Landry, Cooks
RB - Coleman, James White

Can only add one player (don't really have anyone to drop, I currently have Pats DEF & Ravens DEF but Pats have some tough teams coming up so I'm somewhat hesitant to lose Baltimore)

Best options seem to be DaVante Parker or Jonathan Williams, Indy's RB. I own Marlon Mack but now he's injured, it seems like Wilkens is the favorite to start against Houston.

Who would you add?

stupendousman

Jun 25, 2008
Richmond, BC
So my league doesn't have a trade deadline and I was just offered Amari cooper and Royce freeman for Aaron Jones.

If I accept my rbs will be: nick Chubb, Philip Lindsay, Ronald Jones, Royce freeman

Wrs will be: davante Adams, cooper, gallup, Watkins, woods

Should I do it?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
So my league doesn't have a trade deadline and I was just offered Amari cooper and Royce freeman for Aaron Jones.

If I accept my rbs will be: nick Chubb, Philip Lindsay, Ronald Jones, Royce freeman

Should I do it?
I probably wouldn't. I know you are currently not amazing at WR, but losing Jones really hurts you at RB. I wouldn't trust those 3 to be your RB2 in the playoffs.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

Can only add one player (don't really have anyone to drop, I currently have Pats DEF & Ravens DEF but Pats have some tough teams coming up so I'm somewhat hesitant to lose Baltimore)

Best options seem to be DaVante Parker or Jonathan Williams, Indy's RB. I own Marlon Mack but now he's injured, it seems like Wilkens is the favorite to start against Houston.

Who would you add?
I had a similar dilemma and decided on Parker last night. He has the more long-term value.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Philosophical question from actual fantasy scenario:

I'm up by a point with Travis Kelce left to play. Opponent is done. We lose two points for fumbles lost.

Sit Kelce?

I would have started him because you never know with stat corrections.

Who would you add?

Parker was the add, I think

Should I do it?

Nope

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
The odds are against Kelce's statline being 9 yards and a fumble, so you should be safe.

But from the philosophical pov, I'd sit him. You've got the win, so just take the guarantee. That is unless your league has points for as a tiebreaker, and you're worried about drawing at the end of the season.

I would have started him because you never know with stat corrections.

Good point about stat corrections. I’ve been on both ends of those.

Anyway I left Kelce in and he scored 13.5 points in our scoring system, so...

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Started the year 3-0, went into this past week 4-7 with a chance to sneak into the playoffs if I won out and had high points, came down to having Mark Andrews vs Mark Ingram with a 15 point cushion for me...lost by 3 :(

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
In my keeper, I'm in 8th, but 3rd in points. If I went with Carson over Mixon like my gut said, I'd be dominating. Other people would've been better, but I seriously considered Carson in the 2nd.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Got 84 combined points from Elliott, Kamara, Cooper, Freeman, Lutz and Bears D in a full PPR yesterday... yuck

I had a chance to go 12-1 and get the top seed, but it looks like that isn't going to happen. I'm facing a team near the bottom, but he's in good position to play spoiler.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I'm having a rough week as well. James White putting up 37.7 just cost me my bye in one week (lost to the last place team to), and the Pats D/starting Sam Darnold may cost me my playoff life in another (I need Hollister to score less than 11 PPR points or the average score of the league to not rise by 10 points). My other team could have finished 1st in the reg. season which is a guaranteed payout but just had an absolutely horrible week after being on a 7 game win streak coming in.

I am now very scared of next week lol.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I'm having a rough week as well. James White putting up 37.7 just cost me my bye in one week (lost to the last place team to), and the Pats D/starting Sam Darnold may cost me my playoff life in another (I need Hollister to score less than 11 PPR points or the average score of the league to not rise by 10 points). My other team could have finished 1st in the reg. season which is a guaranteed payout but just had an absolutely horrible week after being on a 7 game win streak coming in.

I am now very scared of next week lol.
One league, I would have won a bye week if it wasn't for the last drive of the Pats game where he had Edleman and Brady......

Another, I won by .9 on MNF because Carson managed to get 10 points more than Diggs managing to get 1st in the regular season and a bye. 2nd time this year I've won by less than 2 points because of Carson on a MNF (the other was him catching a checkdown in the OT game) Fantasy is beyond stressful.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Finished 3rd in points scored, but missed the playoffs having about 200 more PA than the next closest guy.

This coming a year after finishing 2nd in points scored and missing the playoffs in the same league.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Finished 3rd in points scored, but missed the playoffs having about 200 more PA than the next closest guy.

This coming a year after finishing 2nd in points scored and missing the playoffs in the same league.
Same for me. I lost I think 3 matchups by 5 points or less. Always seemed to have an opponent with a player scoring an absurd amount of points when I would've smashed the rest of his team.

All this when Mixon was my 2nd round pick. If I went with my gut and over-drafted Carson, I would've dominated.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Same for me. I lost I think 3 matchups by 5 points or less. Always seemed to have an opponent with a player scoring an absurd amount of points when I would've smashed the rest of his team.

All this when Mixon was my 2nd round pick. If I went with my gut and over-drafted Carson, I would've dominated.

Same I took Mixon in the 2nd round in this league as well. But made up for it with Ingram in like the 5th and Ekeler later on. (12 team .5 PPR). My WR was a lacking a top end guy but Diggs put up some good games for me and just played the matchup at WR2 between Boyd, J. Brown and Marvin Jones.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Is Kamara the biggest fantasy bust in recent memory? Obviously some players get taken out by injury, but I'm looking at in terms of players that play most of the season. He was a no-brainer top 3 pick this year (maybe top 4 depending on where the Zeke contract situation was at during your draft). He had one week where he found the endzone and hasn't topped 100 rushing or receiving yards. He still provides value in PPR, but not nearly enough to warrant that kind of draft status.

Week 3: 37.1 (PPR), 28.1 (STD)
Average for other weeks (not including 2 missed games): 14.83 (PPR), 8.93 (STD)

14.83 would rank 16th, 8.93 would rank 31st

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
Is Kamara the biggest fantasy bust in recent memory? Obviously some players get taken out by injury, but I'm looking at in terms of players that play most of the season. He was a no-brainer top 3 pick this year (maybe top 4 depending on where the Zeke contract situation was at during your draft). He had one week where he found the endzone and hasn't topped 100 rushing or receiving yards. He still provides value in PPR, but not nearly enough to warrant that kind of draft status.

Week 3: 37.1 (PPR), 28.1 (STD)
Average for other weeks (not including 2 missed games): 14.83 (PPR), 8.93 (STD)

14.83 would rank 16th, 8.93 would rank 31st
DJ has been pretty bad too. He went 5-10 in all 3 leagues I play in and he has been a complete enigma this season.

OBJ has been consistently awful too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad