2019 Season Discussion Thread

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Looking for some advice.

12 team PPR, I'm 7-2 and a lock for the 8-man playoffs (so no bye weeks).

I was offered Nuk Hopkins for Godwin and Ronald Jones. This would leave me with Cook, Carson, Ekeler, Hunt at RB and Julio, Hopkins, Charks, Cooks, AJ Brown at WR.

Things to consider, Nuk's playoff schedule is harder than Godwins.
Hopkins: Week 14: vs. DEN, Week 15 @Ten, Week 16 @ TB Godwins: Week 14 vs. IND, Week 15 @ DET, Week 16 @TB.

I would also have to pick someone up and start them at WR this week if Cooks can't go (which looks likely), as well as pick up an RB or start Hunt in week 12 vs. MIA.

Is Nuk a significant upgrade over Godwin given the playoff schedule and bye week issues I would have?

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Based on opponent, looking to stream a D this week with my main D on a bye. Thinking Indy, the Jets, or Arizona. Indy is who I’m leaning towards

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Was offered this in my 16 team standard league. Should i do it? im currently 5-4.

I get: Sanu, Landry
I give: Diggs

For reference you start 1RB 1WR 2Flex on top of QB/K/DST. TE=WR. Heres the rest of my team:

QB: Prescott
RB: D. Johnson, D. Freeman, McCoy, Walton
WR/TE: Diggs, Hilton, Kittle, Engram
K: Boswell
DST: Steelers

Currently have an empty roster spot so i wouldnt have to drop anyone. Waiver options are bare.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Was offered this in my 16 team standard league. Should i do it? im currently 5-4.

I get: Sanu, Landry
I give: Diggs

For reference you start 1RB 1WR 2Flex on top of QB/K/DST. TE=WR. Heres the rest of my team:

QB: Prescott
RB: D. Johnson, D. Freeman, McCoy, Walton
WR/TE: Diggs, Hilton, Kittle, Engram
K: Boswell
DST: Steelers

Currently have an empty roster spot so i wouldnt have to drop anyone. Waiver options are bare.
I wouldn't. Now, if you are wanting to move Diggs and Sanu is someone you want, then I would counter to get a RB. Landry would never start for you.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Looking for some advice.

12 team PPR, I'm 7-2 and a lock for the 8-man playoffs (so no bye weeks).

I was offered Nuk Hopkins for Godwin and Ronald Jones. This would leave me with Cook, Carson, Ekeler, Hunt at RB and Julio, Hopkins, Charks, Cooks, AJ Brown at WR.

Things to consider, Nuk's playoff schedule is harder than Godwins.
Hopkins: Week 14: vs. DEN, Week 15 @Ten, Week 16 @ TB Godwins: Week 14 vs. IND, Week 15 @ DET, Week 16 @TB.

I would also have to pick someone up and start them at WR this week if Cooks can't go (which looks likely), as well as pick up an RB or start Hunt in week 12 vs. MIA.

Is Nuk a significant upgrade over Godwin given the playoff schedule and bye week issues I would have?
You would be better off with Hopkins IMO. I'm assuming this week doesn't matter and you have a pretty safe playoff spot. Hopkins is consistent and his target share has been great the past few weeks. We still don't know if Evans or Godwin will be the guy on any given week.

With Jones starting, that gives you a good insurance policy on Cook and Carson, but you could also just pick up one of the top hand-cuffs with the open spot. As you get into the playoffs, just go for the high upside guys. You could even drop some WR or Hunt to get more of the hand-cuffs that would immediately become a RB1 with an injury to the starter.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I wouldn't. Now, if you are wanting to move Diggs and Sanu is someone you want, then I would counter to get a RB. Landry would never start for you.

The guys RBs are Howard, Gurley AD and Peyton Barber. I dont think he'd give Gurley but now Engram might have a lisfranc. Hilton is already out and DJ and Kittle are Q but expected to play. So im not sure what to do.

Think if i replace landry with gurley and add like mccoy he'd do it? Is Howard worth it instead of landry? I think AD loses value with Guice returning.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The guys RBs are Howard, Gurley AD and Peyton Barber. I dont think he'd give Gurley but now Engram might have a lisfranc. Hilton is already out and DJ and Kittle are Q but expected to play. So im not sure what to do.

Think if i replace landry with gurley and add like mccoy he'd do it? Is Howard worth it instead of landry? I think AD loses value with Guice returning.
I'd probably just stand pat. I would prefer Howard over Landry. I think it ultimately comes down to how you see Diggs and Sanu moving forward. The other guy believes there is a sizable gap, so if you don't think there is as big of a gap, try to get the value there.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I'd probably just stand pat. I would prefer Howard over Landry. I think it ultimately comes down to how you see Diggs and Sanu moving forward. The other guy believes there is a sizable gap, so if you don't think there is as big of a gap, try to get the value there.

Yea i was leaning towards no even though its kind of a fair trade, the recent injuries to my team had me 2nd guessing a bit but at full strength i most likely never starting landry. I dont need a RB that bad even if i swapped landry for howard assuming johnsons back this week since i only have to start 1.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yea i was leaning towards no even though its kind of a fair trade, the recent injuries to my team had me 2nd guessing a bit but at full strength i most likely never starting landry. I dont need a RB that bad even if i swapped landry for howard assuming johnsons back this week since i only have to start 1.
Kittle should play, he'll have plenty of rest. If you like Diggs the most, then I'd keep him and use the waiver wire if needed. I'd only consider the deal if you think Diggs will fall back to what he was at the start of the season.

stupendousman

Jun 25, 2008
Richmond, BC
Got an offer of Marlon mack for my stefon diggs.

My rbs are Chubb, Michel, and guice. My wrs are obj, Watkins, sanu. Definitely leaning towards accepting

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Got an offer of Marlon mack for my stefon diggs.

My rbs are Chubb, Michel, and guice. My wrs are obj, Watkins, sanu. Definitely leaning towards accepting
I'd take it. You simply can't trust Diggs, and you won't be any worse off at WR with how he's been. Mack is a good upgrade for you. Hopefully you took it.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Down by just under 10 points going into tonight. He has no one left and I have Carson. We'll see...

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
well. I lineup tinkered my way out of a W in one league this week.

I wanted to replace Landry or Watkins with either Kirk or Pascal.

guess we all know how that went...……..dropped Landry and picked up Pascal to start smh.

on top of that I had picked up the Saints D to play over the Steelers D.

just a train wreck of a week in that league but only lost by 12 due to being against Cook.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I started out 6-1 in my 14 team dynasty that I run with a really good point total. I am now down to Rashaad Penny and Justice Hill as my only healthy running backs. I might not win a game the rest of the year. I am now 6-4.

stupendousman

Jun 25, 2008
Richmond, BC
Sorry guys for the lack of activity here. I think I'm just burnt out from sports right now.

@stupendousman definitely take that offer, although I think the deadline for Yahoo leagues was yesterday in most of them.

I'd take it. You simply can't trust Diggs, and you won't be any worse off at WR with how he's been. Mack is a good upgrade for you. Hopefully you took it.

Yes I accepted not long after posting. Thanks for the advice. I figured much of the same and it was nice to be validated by Diggs' SNF performance

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Anyone have any RB sleepers for the rest of the year? I'm hurting bad (Freeman and Conner are my starters) and I just picked up both Colts RBs. Samuels isn't available and Hill did nothing.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Anyone have any RB sleepers for the rest of the year? I'm hurting bad (Freeman and Conner are my starters) and I just picked up both Colts RBs. Samuels isn't available and Hill did nothing.

None that I could think of...

I think your best bet would be to look at younger players on teams that are packing it in. I do not know said players off the top of my head.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'm up by just over 8 points in my longest running dynasty. I have Rivers, and my opponent has Tyreek. It is a full PPR. I do not like my chances.

I am currently in second. First place might lose, but he might luck out since the guy he was facing had Robert Woods in.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Guice?

Not that I like him or he's ever done... anything. But if your league is a no-cost, no-limit add/drop set up then...

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Philosophical question from actual fantasy scenario:

I'm up by a point with Travis Kelce left to play. Opponent is done. We lose two points for fumbles lost.

Sit Kelce?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad