2019 Season Discussion Thread

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Wow did sony and the Pat's d come through for me tonight.
In my league (and I assume most leagues as ours is pretty standard scoring) the Pats D has more points than all but 8 players, not surprised they showed up lol

Also, it really is a gut punch to to lose to the last place team, especially when I put up the second most points by A LOT.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
In my league (and I assume most leagues as ours is pretty standard scoring) the Pats D has more points than all but 8 players, not surprised they showed up lol

Also, it really is a gut punch to to lose to the last place team, especially when I put up the second most points by A LOT.
Yeah, even in my goofy league, there are 8 offensive players with more points. I think it's important to note that they've played some really crappy offenses so far. In the playoffs for weeks 15 and 16, they get easy matchups against Cincinnati and Buffalo.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Anyone else think Mark Walton could be a sneaky league winner? Ballage sucks, and while I like Drake as a player, Miami clearly doesn't.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Anyone else think Mark Walton could be a sneaky league winner? Ballage sucks, and while I like Drake as a player, Miami clearly doesn't.
I don't see it. Any RB's ceiling is just so low on that team. Even if Drake moves on and he absorbs more 3rd down duties, I don't think he's going to be any kind of reliable play.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
I’m in a keeper league where Kerryon got dropped. He’d count for a 7th in the draft next year. We get to keep 2 guys. Some of my other options to keep are Aaron Jones (10th), Russell Wilson (11th), Hockenson (16th), David Montgomery (5th). Jones looks like a for sure there and the rest are TBD I think.

We don’t have an IR spot, but I think that I have the depth to just have him sit there on my bench as a dead spot this year.

Should I spend FAAB to get Kerryon? How much?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

I'm debating this call myself. I've got one bench spot that's being taken by Ronald Jones at the moment, and I could use it on Jones, or Walton, or just a fancy handcuff like Mattison and I don't know which will help me more (could also drop Edmonds but that feels like it'll be super premature). I'm not hurting for RB starters, this'll mainly be about flex positions so I think I might be better off going for a guy like Mattison, but Walton's potential if he gets all the work even on a bad team looks interesting.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
trying to put a trade together since Kamara's status is dicey. Leaguemate has Cook/Freeman/Bell and is thin on WR and he's open to making a trade

I have Keenan Allen/Diggs/Chark/McLaurin/Golladay and also Shepard. I'm not sure who to give up for either Bell or Freeman. Leaning towards Allen or Diggs but not sure which of those is the best to let go of...

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
trying to put a trade together since Kamara's status is dicey. Leaguemate has Cook/Freeman/Bell and is thin on WR and he's open to making a trade

I have Keenan Allen/Diggs/Chark/McLaurin/Golladay and also Shepard. I'm not sure who to give up for either Bell or Freeman. Leaning towards Allen or Diggs but not sure which of those is the best to let go of...

I'd start with Diggs. He'll be good while Thielen is out, but I'm not sure how much I trust that passing game to support both him and Thielen. Allen will bounce back.

Reactions: Beauner

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Who wins this trade?

T.Y Hilton
Alshon Jeffery
Tarik Cohen

Or

Allen Robinson
Phillip Lindsay
Joe Mixon

I have til the morning to decide. Would like to get a response without saying who I would get/give but these are my RBs and WRs not counting the people listed above..

Barkley,Bell,White,Gore,Hunt+Golladay,McLaurin,Tate. My 100% healthy and no bye lineup is

Brady
Bell
Barkley
Robinson/Hilton
Golladay
Waller
Tucker
49ers
Flex is either McLaurin or James White

Yeah, it stinks when the guy actually plays well, but doesn't get a TD. I had McLaurin, so Keenum getting hurt screwed me.

Same here. 7.9 and all in the first half. Haskins f***ing blows and I am never starting McLaurin again if Haskins is the starter. Typical that Keenum got hurt.

Last edited:

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
49ers defense got dropped in my one league (???). Thinking of using my #1 waiver claim but their weeks 12-16 look pretty tough.. GB, BAL, NO, ATL, LA. Is it even worth it to look into that? Or are they basically matchup-proof?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
49ers defense got dropped in my one league (???). Thinking of using my #1 waiver claim but their weeks 12-16 look pretty tough.. GB, BAL, NO, ATL, LA. Is it even worth it to look into that? Or are they basically matchup-proof?

Atlanta and LA aren't even that difficult of matchups fantasy wise. Plenty of sacks and turnovers to be had in those matchups. I'd really consider picking them up. With them on the road to NO, I'd consider streaming that week if there is a better option if they don't prove to be matchup proof in some of their other games.

If your team is pretty much set for the playoffs and you have good handcuffs, then I'd lean towards doing it and take the upgrade where you can find them. I'd maybe pickup a Mattison or a Henderson to try and hedge your bets on missing out on a top waiver now that you use it here. Assuming you have room to stash them. If Cook goes down and Mattison was available on waivers, you'd be kicking yourself.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Add Darren Fells TE HOU

I have Hunter Henry currently at TE.

I'd be dropping Marquise Brown, & at WR I still have Tyreke Hill, Mike Evans, Brandin Cooks, Jarvis Landry.

However I could also drop James White, leaving me with Mack, Tevin Coleman & David Johnson at RB.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Add Darren Fells TE HOU

I'd be dropping Marquise Brown, & at WR I still have Tyreke Hill, Mike Evans, Brandin Cooks, Jarvis Landry.

However I could also drop James White, leaving me with Mack, Tevin Coleman & David Johnson at RB.
Drop Landry

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Add Darren Fells TE HOU

I'd probably drop Landry or not even worry about picking Fells up.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
For week 10, I need a RB and want to avoid the waiver rush. Half PPR.

Tarik Cohen vs Detroit
Matt Breida vs Seattle
Ronald Jones vs Arizona
LeSean McCoy vs Tennessee
Darrell Henderson vs Pittsburgh

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Also, what do people think of Adrian Peterson's upside the rest of the way. He's had 3 straight weeks of good yardage production.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
For week 10, I need a RB and want to avoid the waiver rush. Half PPR.

Tarik Cohen vs Detroit
Matt Breida vs Seattle
Ronald Jones vs Arizona
LeSean McCoy vs Tennessee
Darrell Henderson vs Pittsburgh
Healthy Breida would be my choice, but not sure if he will be healthy or not. If not, Shady could be a decent option provided Reid doesn't bench him for the fumble.

Also, what do people think of Adrian Peterson's upside the rest of the way. He's had 3 straight weeks of good yardage production.
His upside is nonexistent but he can play for you in a pinch if necessary. Callahan seems to want to commit to the run even in terrible situations so he will get opportunities and he has looked decent the last few weeks.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
His upside is nonexistent but he can play for you in a pinch if necessary. Callahan seems to want to commit to the run even in terrible situations so he will get opportunities and he has looked decent the last few weeks.

My thinking too. He's looked pretty good, and I expect them to be pretty run-heavy.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Good as a desperation flex. I'd be wary once Guice is back though. Not saying he's guaranteed to take away all of the touches but I definitely wouldn't be comfortable starting AP in those first couple weeks when Guice is back

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Good as a desperation flex. I'd be wary once Guice is back though. Not saying he's guaranteed to take away all of the touches but I definitely wouldn't be comfortable starting AP in those first couple weeks when Guice is back
Oh yeah, forgot he should be returning after the bye. With Thompson taking receptions and lack of TD's, that won't be a backfield you'd want to invest in.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Yeah once Guice is back AP will not be fantasy relevant.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey

If he's the lead back in Washington I think I'd like it (especially compared to the waiver wire)

Guice's impending return clouds that a bit going forward though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad