2019 Season Discussion Thread

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Got offered McCaffrey for Chubb, Godwin and Dak in full PPR. He just lost Mahomes and is desperate because its a two man team. Still, that feels like way too much. The rest of my team:

QB: Dak, Stafford
RB: Saquon, Chubb, Gurley, Ekeler, Jordan Howard
WR: Godwin, Galladay, Tyler Boyd, Scary Terry, Crowder
TE: Hooper
K: Slye

I understand that you have to give to get and I'm interested in discussing with him but I'm trying to lower that cost juuuuuuuust a bit so any advice is greatly appreciated. My team is 4-2 right now and the highest scoring in my league for reference so there's also the fear of messing with a good thing.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Got offered McCaffrey for Chubb, Godwin and Dak in full PPR. He just lost Mahomes and is desperate because its a two man team. Still, that feels like way too much. The rest of my team:

I understand that you have to give to get and I'm interested in discussing with him but I'm trying to lower that cost juuuuuuuust a bit so any advice is greatly appreciated. My team is 4-2 right now and the highest scoring in my league for reference so there's also the fear of messing with a good thing.
That's too much. This is a 2 QB league? If that's the case, this is a terrible deal for you. The difference between CMC and Chubb is not terribly significant. It's less than Godwin or Dak in a 2 QB league.

Or are you just saying his team is very dependent on Mahomes and CMC?

Reactions: Bob Richards

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
That's too much. This is a 2 QB league? If that's the case, this is a terrible deal for you. The difference between CMC and Chubb is not terribly significant. It's less than Godwin or Dak in a 2 QB league.

Or are you just saying his team is very dependent on Mahomes and CMC?

It’s a one QB league. I meant his team thus far has been basically Mahomes and CMC.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It’s a one QB league. I meant his team thus far has been basically Mahomes and CMC.
I'd honestly pass. Losing Godwin would hurt you at WR. I like Golladay, Boyd, McLaurin, but I think those guys will have ups and downs, and Godwin will give you more consistent production. Losing Dak would put you way behind at QB. Having CMC and Saquon is huge, but if either of those guys get hurt, you'd be finished. If you had another QB that you could feel comfortable starting in the playoffs, then I'd make some sort of a move, swap Godwin for another WR or drop that position from the deal altogether.

A fair deal would be Chubb+Dak for CMC, you just need to figure out your QB situation. If you can find a QB that you're comfortable starting in the playoffs, then I'd counter with no WR to test him. If he doesn't want that, then I'd figure a way to not include Godwin.

Week 7 Fantasy Football Trade Value Chart (2019)

CMC - 47

Dak - 8
Chubb - 40
Godwin - 34

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I'd honestly pass. Losing Godwin would hurt you at WR. I like Golladay, Boyd, McLaurin, but I think those guys will have ups and downs, and Godwin will give you more consistent production. Losing Dak would put you way behind at QB. Having CMC and Saquon is huge, but if either of those guys get hurt, you'd be finished. If you had another QB that you could feel comfortable starting in the playoffs, then I'd make some sort of a move, swap Godwin for another WR or drop that position from the deal altogether.

A fair deal would be Chubb+Dak for CMC, you just need to figure out your QB situation. If you can find a QB that you're comfortable starting in the playoffs, then I'd counter with no WR to test him. If he doesn't want that, then I'd figure a way to not include Godwin.

Week 7 Fantasy Football Trade Value Chart (2019)

CMC - 47

Dak - 8
Chubb - 40
Godwin - 34

haha the trade calculators I was using before were telling me to pass too :laugh:

thank you for the advice. I greatly appreciate help with this cursed hobby.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012

Honestly, given your roster I think I would do that, but you can probably afford to work him for a bit more.

McCaffery is on pace for 485+ fantasy points this year. As a QB Mahomes got 417 last year. McCaffery is the type of guy that will single-handedly win leagues this year. Pairing him with Saquon would be absurd, you can afford to lose a better flex spot for that combo.

McLaurin should be seen as a must-start as well. Godwin is great, but I don't think he'll keep this level up. Winston has been playing over his head for the most part. I love Chubb, but there's still the Hunt concern, as well as Cleveland underperforming so much that it could affect his utilization.

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I think it comes down to who you would be able to start at QB in the playoffs, and then just realize he's the desperate one, so don't be shy from a hard counter.

Maybe you could try including Mahomes and stream until he's back. At that point, I'd offer a lot, and if he's desperate to win now, then he might consider.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

I think Godwin is overkill, personally.

Would still counter, since CMC is absurd (and CMC/Saquon would make you the odds on favourite to win the damn thing). I'd probably pull the trigger on Chubb + Dak + Boyd/Terry/Crowder (preferably Boyd or Crowder, but you gotta give to get).

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Is this the worst the TE position has ever been? The big 3 of Kelce, Kittle and Ertz have been OK but disappointing, and Kelce will take a hit with Mahomes down. Dissly looked great then got injured. Hooper and Andrews are at the top but they give me a bit of hesitancy for thinking they're reliable. Waller is below those two, but same thing. I really like Engram but he's dealt with an injury as well. We're back to Olsen and Witten being "reliable" starts. It's just crazy to me.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Is this the worst the TE position has ever been? The big 3 of Kelce, Kittle and Ertz have been OK but disappointing, and Kelce will take a hit with Mahomes down. Dissly looked great then got injured. Hooper and Andrews are at the top but they give me a bit of hesitancy for thinking they're reliable. Waller is below those two, but same thing. I really like Engram but he's dealt with an injury as well. We're back to Olsen and Witten being "reliable" starts. It's just crazy to me.
It's definitely better than last year.

Kelce, Ertz, Kittle, Hooper, Andrews, Engram, Henry, Waller are at least every week starters.

It falls off a cliff after that though.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
It's definitely better than last year.

Kelce, Ertz, Kittle, Hooper, Andrews, Engram, Henry, Waller are at least every week starters.

It falls off a cliff after that though.
We saw some amazing top-end performances last year though with Kelce, Kittle and Ertz. I don't think anything is matching that this year. It's both a lack of depth and a lack of top-end talent.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

That's way too much for me.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
We saw some amazing top-end performances last year though with Kelce, Kittle and Ertz. I don't think anything is matching that this year. It's both a lack of depth and a lack of top-end talent.
True. Top end hasn't been nearly as high, but I don't mind that. The advantage of having a top TE last year was ridiculous.

I may be biased this year though because I've managed to grab a good TE in every league I'm in. Grabbed Waller in 2 leagues off waivers and Hunter Henry in 3 leagues after he was dropped.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Redskins top fantasy player outside of their 8-point D was Peterson with 6.1 points. For non PPR, next highest is Smallwood at 4.1 (5.1 for PPR). That is... something.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Thank god for Mixon's TD, Jesus Christ. I don't have much on my bench but I just can't keep starting him.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
well. with Mahomes out I managed to still be within 11 points of my matchup this week. He has L.Bell left and I have Sony and the NE Defence. fingers crossed I can pull this off!

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Need Julian Edelman, Brandon Bolden and Mike Nugent to outscore Lev Bell by 5+.

Sidenote: How desperate a situation does a guy need to be in to be banking on Brandon Bolden at any point in a fantasy season :laugh:

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Did anyone else get killed with low point games yesterday?

Highest scoring team in my league and I was getting goose egg'd by a number of players for most of the afternoon before some garbage time saving.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Did anyone else get killed with low point games yesterday?

Highest scoring team in my league and I was getting goose egg'd by a number of players for most of the afternoon before some garbage time saving.
Yeah, I had a few teams that were garbage, I just happened to play teams that were more trash lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad