2019 Roster and Fantasy GM Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Eriksson is badly overpaid but he’s still better than an AHL player. There isn’t anyone we could call up that would be better than him unless Lind and Gadjovich take massive steps forward next season.

Yea I guess I just have to take my emotions out of the equation. I mostly just want to punish Eriksson for being such a bad player but really it should be Benning being fired for giving him that contract who should be punished.

Reactions: travis scott

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
And why would he leave $8M on the table?

Benning gave him that contract. It's not his fault

If he's not going to be played, maybe he wants a chance to play elsewhere. It is a long shot. Also with only $8M owing, maybe you can trade him (with some retention if needed). Just tell him that his play hasn't been good enough for the Canucks to want him anymore and work with him to find a solution that works. Just thinking outside the box here

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Cquant

May 14, 2015
So with the Penguins out of the playoffs... I'd be pretty interested in trading for Justin Schultz. Get him to play with Edler. The only down side, is he may get some PP time that would otherwise go to Hughes, unless we take Edler off the PP and reduce his minutes a bit.

Would Schultz be a fit?

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
So with the Penguins out of the playoffs... I'd be pretty interested in trading for Justin Schultz. Get him to play with Edler. The only down side, is he may get some PP time that would otherwise go to Hughes, unless we take Edler off the PP and reduce his minutes a bit.

Would Schultz be a fit?
Of course he’d be a fit, but what would be the price?

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
If he's not going to be played, maybe he wants a chance to play elsewhere. It is a long shot. Also with only $8M owing, maybe you can trade him (with some retention if needed). Just tell him that his play hasn't been good enough for the Canucks to want him anymore and work with him to find a solution that works. Just thinking outside the box here
He has bèen such a disappointment from day 1.They have moved him up and down the line up with really no success. Time to bite the bullet on him and move on.I disliked the signing from day 1.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

Would Schultz be a fit?

Who would we trade? We have basically no assets of any value, outside the Core Four and the 10th selection. All of which are off the table.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Who would we trade? We have basically no assets of any value, outside the Core Four and the 10th selection. All of which are off the table.
That’s the problem with our team. We don’t have any legit assets to move, in order to fill a need. All we would do is create another hole.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Our best bet is if Eriksson going to the world championships and playing for his home country inspires him. If he goes there and has a great tournament (kind of like Demitra RIP.)

Some team (come on Ottawa) might see him as someone who just needs a change of scenery and/or finds value in his contract.

But ultimately moving him out has to happen. For a team that preaches culture, effort, and compete etc and to keep Eriksson on your roster just kills any credibility to that mindset.

Reactions: Hockeyphysio

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
That’s the problem with our team. We don’t have any legit assets to move, in order to fill a need. All we would do is create another hole.

Which is why the rebuild is so, so, far from being close to turning it around.

All we can do is make draft picks and hope they turn into players sooner rather than later.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Jets need to clear cap space. Trouba is getting traded but they still need to re-sign Connor and Laine. They spent assets on Hayes and it would be smart to re-sign him as well.

Perfect time to take advantage of them. Mathieu Perrault has 2 years left at 4.13 and prior to this year put up some decent numbers and possession metrics. If Jimbo wanted to add some cheap offense, this would be the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad