2019 Roster and Fantasy GM Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Any interest in trading for Zadorov here? I haven't seen him play much, but I know he's huge and physical, young, and we're desperate for top 4 dmen. And who knows, maybe he helps convince Tryamkin to come back.

Here's something we could do without mortgaging the future:

Deal Edler at the TDL for late 1st + good prospect.
Take the late 1st and package it with Goldobin/mid round pick and make a trade for Zadorov. Or just trade Edler to Colorado for Zadorov straight up.
Re-sign Edler in the offseason.

Hughes (March) - Tanev
Hutton - Zadorov
Stecher - Gudbranson

Next season

Hughes - Tanev
Edler - Zadorov
Hutton - Stecher
Gudbranson/Juolevi

Then trade either Gudbranson or Stecher.

Last edited:

Grip it N RYP it

Apr 20, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Any interest in trading for Zadorov here? I haven't seen him play much, but I know he's huge and physical, young, and we're desperate for top 4 dmen. And who knows, maybe he helps convince Tryamkin to come back.

Here's something we could do without mortgaging the future:

Deal Edler at the TDL for late 1st + good prospect.
Take the late 1st and package it with Goldobin/mid round pick and make a trade for Zadorov. Or just trade Edler to Colorado for Zadorov straight up.
Re-sign Edler in the offseason.

Hughes (March) - Tanev
Hutton - Zadorov
Stecher - Gudbranson

Next season

Hughes - Tanev
Edler - Zadorov
Hutton - Stecher
Gudbranson/Juolevi

Then trade either Gudbranson or Stecher.

I like Zadarov as a player. Big, physical, skates well enough and plays well against top players. Why Sakic would move him, I don't know, though I've read he can be somewhat inconsistent. I also know him as a left side defenseman, so I'm not sure how well he plays on the right side.

Reactions: 50 Sheas of Grey

Grip it N RYP it

Apr 20, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Julius Honka's name came up a few times in previous seasons. Taylor Fedun and John Hanley have been playing ahead of him recently.

I recall reading Jim Montgomery suggesting he asked Honka to play with more pace, take away more time and space, and read defensive rushes better. For some reason, he can't seem to play the way Montgomery wants him to.

On one hand, he can spring offense, using crisp clean passes or carry it out himself. On the other, he can be inconsistent defensively or turn the puck over.

Last I heard, he was playing harder and better defensively but can't get into the line up since Klingberg's return. At 23, perhaps he is what he is, but judging by Benning's history of acquiring reclamation projects, he seems like a player he'd target.

I'd take a chance on almost anyone over watching Gudbransson play out his contract.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Yes to Zadorov. He's like a younger left handed Erik Gudbranson we should absolutely try to trade for him but it would take a lot of assets.

member 290103

Yes to Zadorov. He's like a younger left handed Erik Gudbranson we should absolutely try to trade for him but it would take a lot of assets.

Why would we want that? A younger big bodied dman that rarely plays physical and in general is a terrible hockey player? Is he overpaid like Guddy too?

Reactions: timw33

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Why would we want that? A younger big bodied dman that rarely plays physical and in general is a terrible hockey player? Is he overpaid like Guddy too?

The scouting report is he has a big body throws big hits but needs to improve his consistency and decision making and speed so maybe Gudbranson is a bit better than him because Guddy has a good speed

member 290103

The scouting report is he has a big body throws big hits but needs to improve his consistency and decision making and speed so maybe Gudbranson is a bit better than him because Guddy has a good speed

Lol. You on glue dude? Guddy is garbage. More Guddy types is a bad thing.

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa
Julius Honka's name came up a few times in previous seasons. Taylor Fedun and John Hanley have been playing ahead of him recently.

I recall reading Jim Montgomery suggesting he asked Honka to play with more pace, take away more time and space, and read defensive rushes better. For some reason, he can't seem to play the way Montgomery wants him to.

On one hand, he can spring offense, using crisp clean passes or carry it out himself. On the other, he can be inconsistent defensively or turn the puck over.

Last I heard, he was playing harder and better defensively but can't get into the line up since Klingberg's return. At 23, perhaps he is what he is, but judging by Benning's history of acquiring reclamation projects, he seems like a player he'd target.

I'd take a chance on almost anyone over watching Gudbransson play out his contract.
From Dallas, Honka, Nichushkin and Janmark would be 3 players I would target.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grip it N RYP it

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
I wonder if Pittsburgh would have any interest in re-acquiring Sutter, both are their bottom six centers are pending free agents and apparently Brassard might be on the move sometime in the next month, they always seem to up against the cap so that might pose a problem.

Sutter hasn't looked great this season but I have a feeling his perceived value has tanked to the point where it's impossible to recoup any sort of assets

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016

I wrote in my post that I haven’t watched him play much, wasn’t sure if he was as bad as Gudbranson. At least he helped the Avs make the playoffs last year, and Avs fans seem to like him and not want to trade him.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver

Dallas fans were open to Nichushkin+Honka for Goldy+MDZ

We don’t have MDZ anymore but maybe they’d do it for Pouliot in his place?

Reactions: Grip it N RYP it

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
This won't be taken well here, but I'd sell "high" on Virtanen right now for sure. He'd be a terrific McDavid linemate, so would ask high for Evan Bouchard but that's unlikely to happen.

If you can market him as Tom Wilson-lite to the right team, I bet his trade value is higher than we'd think. If the Islanders keep it up, would love to ask for Dobson, and adding something else (Goldobin + a pick from us and add Ho-Sang coming back??) to get there. Or maybe Myers from Philly if you can sell JV as a Simmonds "replacement".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad