2019 Roster and Fantasy GM Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

UK Canuck

Dec 27, 2018
Artemi Panarin as a UFA for $9m???? he's going to be THE premier FA on the market he's getting 10x7 at least

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
He's been a top 6 player for 2 years on two different teams and brings more than raw points, so perhaps you are incorrect.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
He's been a top 6 player for 2 years on two different teams and brings more than raw points, so perhaps you are incorrect.

He's a 40ish point player who is receiving 2nd/3rd line tweener minutes. Perhaps I'm not incorrect.

Oh well. People like you said I was being ridiculous when I criticized Sutter and Gudbranson. I'll be right again, and you'll be annoyed when I point out that I'm right again.

If Benning signs Ferland here, it will be a bad contract.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
He's a 40ish point player who is receiving 2nd/3rd line tweener minutes. Perhaps I'm not incorrect.

Oh well. People like you said I was being ridiculous when I criticized Sutter and Gudbranson. I'll be right again, and you'll be annoyed when I point out that I'm right again.

I’d love Ferland but anything more than 4ish million per is an overpayment.

MikeCoj1978

Jan 23, 2019
Oh, I would 100%. That's a bloody steal for the Canucks.

I don't think they feel any need to make that move though. Toronto has tons of cap space, a lot of tradeable assets, and a lot of young cheap prospects who look close.

I actually think a team like Winnipeg is the team that is going to struggle to sign their RFA's more than Toronto. Laine, Trouba and Connor is a lot of cake.
i dont think the leafs have all that much cap space considering who they need to sign this summer?

Babs

Feb 20, 2008
Kelowna
Toronto is not dumping Nylander 50 days after a 6 year contract.

Benning is not smart enough to sell Tanev.
Toronto has 5 million in cap space this year and they have to sign Mathews and Marner next year, I think that they signed Nylander to make him more valuable to trade. They are not letting either Mathews or Marner walk.

Reactions: MikeCoj1978

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Not particularly interested in Nylander. If the team were to explore trading Tanev to Toronto (which they won't from what I understand), Kapanen would be the winger to target imo.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Panarin will get over 10M. The cap is looking different and pretty much everyone is going to be trying to get him.

Babs

Feb 20, 2008
Kelowna
Not particularly interested in Nylander. If the team were to explore trading Tanev to Toronto (which they won't from what I understand), Kapanen would be the winger to target imo.
I agree with you, Kapenan would be better but the Leafs won't trade him as he'll be more cap friendly once he signs next year. I also agree that Benning won't trade Tanev but as far as the leafs are concerned he is our most tradable asset; Edler won't waive his NTC and Benning doesn't have the spine to ask him to.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013

He's a ~50 pt player with top 6 mins. You're incorrect, again.

This has nothing to do with sutter or gudbranson. What are you even talking about.

Everyone is saying that it'll be an overpayment in FA, everyone. You're not making some sort of hot take..

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
He's a ~50 pt player with top 6 mins. You're incorrect, again.

This has nothing to do with sutter or gudbranson. What are you even talking about.

Everyone is saying that it'll be an overpayment in FA, everyone. You're not making some sort of hot take..

He has never come close to 50 points, so no, I'm not incorrect.

He's on pace for 50 this season, though that's thanks to a hot start in October. 14 points in 29 games since October is more where I expect he'll be at.

Reactions: Mr Plow

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
He has never come close to 50 points, so no, I'm not incorrect.

He's on pace for 50 this season, though that's thanks to a hot start in October. 14 points in 29 games since October is more where I expect he'll be at.
Yet you still are... even if you want to split hairs.

Regardless of your thanks to ________ his pace remains, as does his top 6 production. Like I said, thats worth 5m. Which is what this was about before you derailed it.

But for your sake, a ~45 pt top 6 player for 2 seasons who hits and fights is definitely worth and going to get 5m yr in 2019.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Yet you still are... even if you want to split hairs.

Regardless of your thanks to ________ his pace remains, as does his top 6 production. Like I said, thats worth 5m. Which is what this was about before you derailed it.

But for your sake, a ~45 pt top 6 player for 2 seasons who hits and fights is definitely worth and going to get 5m yr in 2019.

I'm not the one who derailed anything, nor am I wrong about this.

He'll get above $5M because some team will overpay for him. He's not worth it. Nor is he worth $5M for 5 years. Nor is he a 50 point player. You seem to prefer making things up to support your side and think that calling someone else wrong because they don't agree with your fabrication is valid. It's not.

Now you lower it to 45 point forward. He hasn't even gotten there in his career. :laugh:

He has 5 fights since the start of last season. You also act like fighting is bringing value to the team. Laughable.

I wouldn’t at all be surprised if you’re saying he’s worth that contract so that when Benning does sign a stupid contract like that you will try to pass it off as being not bad. And then one year from now, when it’s known how bad of a contract that is, you’ll pull out the hindsight card.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I lowered it for your sake, have you seen players contracts anytime recently?! Hes worth 5 easily and will probably get more. Dont put words in my mouth and stop making up imaginary scenarios. Get a grip on reality.

5m for a ufa like him is not unreasonable. Period. Full stop on all your other superfluous commentary. 41 pts, 45 pts, 50 pt pace all the same shit in a different pile, splitting hairs about it is not the point, the 5m contract is.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

I'd easily take Nylander over Kapanen on who to target, but Kapanen is the more logical piece to push for. Weren't Canucks fans mostly disgusted with all the Kapanen for Tanev proposals?

Reactions: dim jim

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
I still get a chuckle that the Oilers actually offered MORE to David Clarkson and he turned them down (and signed with the Leafs).

Not just Clarkson. They overbid on Michael Nylander, Derek Boogaard, and were in on Dany Heatley when he demanded a trade out of Ottawa until he used his NTC to veto the move. All those contracts were huge anchors within a few seasons.

Reactions: Hit the post
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->