Prospect Info: 2019 Rookie Tournament in Antioch, Tennessee: September 7th - 10th

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
My Syracuse lineup right now

Conacher - Stephens - Barré-Boulet
Smith - Colton - Raddysh
Katchouk - Huntington - Mueller
Lohin - Somppi - Yan
Abbandonato/Lipanov/Shalagin/Walcott

Guance - Foote
Masin - Thomas
Valleau - Witkowski
Sosunov/Spencer

Wedgewood
Condon/Martin

The forward depth is as good as I've seen it in some time. Guys like Smith and Mueller who have lots of pro experience are going to have to fight for a top 6 spot. Prospects like Yan, Shalagin, Sommpi and Lohin will be fighting just to make the game day lineup. The Solar Bears should get a couple of decent players throughout the year if health doesn't become a factor. On D I see Masin getting through waivers as well as Witkowski. Not the most mobile blueline or offensively gifted but a solid mix. Need Foote to comtcont his development especially offensively and Guance to have another big year. Would like to see a Masin or Thomas show glimpses that they could be a potential call up. Sosunov and Spencer should see Orlando again this year. Wedgewood should be the clear #1 with a battle for the backup spot between 3 guys, Orlando will have strong goaltending again with whoever doesn't make it.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Smith - Colton - Raddysh
Lohin - Somppi - Yan

Guance - Foote
Masin - Thomas
Valleau - Witkowski
Sosunov/Spencer

Wedgewood
Condon/Martin

The forward depth is as good as I've seen it in some time. Guys like Smith and Mueller who have lots of pro experience are going to have to fight for a top 6 spot. Prospects like Yan, Shalagin, Sommpi and Lohin will be fighting just to make the game day lineup. The Solar Bears should get a couple of decent players throughout the year if health doesn't become a factor. On D I see Masin getting through waivers as well as Witkowski. Not the most mobile blueline or offensively gifted but a solid mix. Need Foote to comtcont his development especially offensively and Guance to have another big year. Would like to see a Masin or Thomas show glimpses that they could be a potential call up. Sosunov and Spencer should see Orlando again this year. Wedgewood should be the clear #1 with a battle for the backup spot between 3 guys, Orlando will have strong goaltending again with whoever doesn't make it.

Forward depth could get even better if Verhaeghe and/or Volkov are sent back.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Smith - Colton - Raddysh
Lohin - Somppi - Yan

Guance - Foote
Masin - Thomas
Valleau - Witkowski
Sosunov/Spencer

Wedgewood
Condon/Martin

Orlando seems like its headed for Fucale/Windsor.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Forward depth could get even better if Verhaeghe and/or Volkov are sent back.

No chance Verheaghe is in Syracuse, it's either Tampa or someone claims him. A 24 year old coming off the AHL scoring title will get a look from someone before he goes back to the A. I think Volkov could be back in Syracuse and I would like him to be to at least start the year but it seems they want him on the main roster one way or another. I don't expect him to play more than a dozen AHL games this year so that's why I left him off.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Orlando seems like its headed for Fucale/Windsor.

That's the most likely for Orlando for Syracuse they need to figure out the backup spot. If Condon is healthy and has any confidence left he should easily be a #1b so that leaves Martin in limbo. He's on an NHL contact and not an ELC but as a goalie I'm not sure the rules on if he can be sent down to Orlando. I think we are looking to trade one more goalie besides Domingue, not sure who that is yet.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
That's the most likely for Orlando for Syracuse they need to figure out the backup spot. If Condon is healthy and has any confidence left he should easily be a #1b so that leaves Martin in limbo. He's on an NHL contact and not an ELC but as a goalie I'm not sure the rules on if he can be sent down to Orlando. I think we are looking to trade one more goalie besides Domingue, not sure who that is yet.
No ELC means that they have to accept assignment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->