Red Sox/MLB 2019 Playoffs V - Lowell Spinners would lose Red Sox connection under radical MLB plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If I wanted to be a fan of a Pennypinching team I would root for the rays

You can’t have your current ticket prices and then say you don’t have enough money to bring back Mookie when a bunch is coming off the books

Idc if you replace porcello with chacin for 2 mill or a guy on a minor league deal, you do whatever you can to retain Mookie

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Can't re-sign JD Martinez because of "money problems" and refuse to trade him at the deadline for some form of return. Nice.

Reactions: smithformeragent

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Betts led off with first pitch home run

I know Mazz 3 weeks ago basically said he sucks and Jim Murray agreed but he seems like a good player

Reactions: CDJ

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Can't re-sign JD Martinez because of "money problems" and refuse to trade him at the deadline for some form of return. Nice.
Who wants him

Think it through - your getting the mega bleeping contract and abysmal defense in the outfield that takes out the National
league (he’s 32 and no one wanted to pay him what he’s got now at 30)

Curious

I thought it thru and came up with ,,,,,

No match

Oh and he’s already signed

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

This scares the ever living shit out of me

If they think they can slash payroll, when they have so much money coming off the books, and continue to charge a premium for tickets, they are out to lunch.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Who wants him

Think it through - your getting the mega bleeping contract and abysmal defense in the outfield that takes out the National
league (he’s 32 and no one wanted to pay him what he’s got now at 30)

Curious

I thought it thru and came up with ,,,,,

No match

Oh and he’s already signed
Signed if he opts in. In my opinion, the Red Sox would have received some decent offers for him from playoff contenders. Even if he opts in, the team that would have traded for him would only have him short term. It is better than nothing.

With the talk of the Red Sox letting JD and Betts leave, I'm getting Chiarelli flashbacks. Poor asset management and the way they are spending their money.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012

This scares the ever living **** out of me

If they think they can slash payroll, when they have so much money coming off the books, and continue to charge a premium for tickets, they are out to lunch.

That David Price contract sure is looking great! :sarcasm:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Signed if he opts in. In my opinion, the Red Sox would have received some decent offers for him from playoff contenders. Even if he opts in, the team that would have traded for him would only have him short term. It is better than nothing.

With the talk of the Red Sox letting JD and Betts leave, I'm getting Chiarelli flashbacks. Poor asset management and the way they are spending their money.
No way

They were in legit playoff hunt at deadline

They shouldn’t have traded him

Even if they wanted to no one could take on cost

He can’t play the field - he’s a liability in the field with a wonky Back

Reactions: Lo97

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
No way

They were in legit playoff hunt at deadline

They shouldn’t have traded him

Even if they wanted to no one could take on cost

He can’t play the field - he’s a liability in the field with a wonky Back
I will have to disagree with you about the direction they should have taken at the deadline. In my opinion, even if they somewhat showed some signs of life, they should have sold. I didn't have faith in them then, and it seemed like Dombrowski didn't either by staying pat.

I agree about JD though. His future seems to be at DH.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I went to Red Sox game July 27

They beat Yankees 9-5 their third win in a row

They were 59-47

They were in a wild card spot

JD Martinez hit a 440 bomb

Stop with the trade Martinez talk at the deadline shit

The only way you blow up the season st the July 31 deadline is you have taken so much LSD as Judy Van Houton said is you know longer think

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
That David Price contract sure is looking great! :sarcasm:
Has nothing to do with Price, Sale, or anyone on the team.

They have plenty of money coming off the books after this season, and it's not a luxury tax issue since they didn't go over it this year.

If they cheap out, it's totally on management for wanting to pocket some cash, while still charging $100 for two f***ing bleacher seats.

Reactions: BMC and Absurdity

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I went to Red Sox game July 27

They beat Yankees 9-5 their third win in a row

They were 59-47

They were in a wild card spot

JD Martinez hit a 440 bomb

Stop with the trade Martinez talk at the deadline ****

The only way you blow up the season st the July 31 deadline is you have taken so much LSD as Judy Van Houton said is you know longer think
Sorry, baseball is my 3rd sport. :naughty:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I will have to disagree with you about the direction they should have taken at the deadline. In my opinion, even if they somewhat showed some signs of life, they should have sold. I didn't have faith in them then, and it seemed like Dombrowski didn't either by staying pat.

I agree about JD though. His future seems to be at DH.
I’ve posted 50,000 posts on HF

I would put #1 on the list I am adamant about is they did the right thing at deadline not blowing up

What I learned last 48 hours is Dombrowski was not allowed to trade any remaining prospects for bandaids

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
So if you’re letting Martinez walk and dealing Betts/legging him walk, do you seek to expedite the retool with a deal similar to the Beckett/Crawford/A Gon package?

Lots of money tied up in high risk, high ceiling starting pitchers.

Just how much payroll can you cut?

Also, there are only so many bad contracts you can swallow as an organization before the bill comes due.

Only so many Pablo Sandovals you can stomach.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Has there been a more Jeckyl and Hyde organization in sports over the last quarter century?

Talk about a roller coaster of a franchise.

@Fenway, how do you see this trending? The franchise has lost some popularity and good will on the part of the fanbase.

You’ve mentioned the value of NESN several times. Any chance they trim payroll and look to sell?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
So if you’re letting Martinez walk and dealing Betts/legging him walk, do you seek to expedite the retool with a deal similar to the Beckett/Crawford/A Gon package?

Lots of money tied up in high risk, high ceiling starting pitchers.

Just how much payroll can you cut?

Also, there are only so many bad contracts you can swallow as an organization before the bill comes due.

Only so many Pablo Sandovals you can stomach.

Moving Mookie and Sale or Price to an NL contender would be something. Whoever makes the trade becomes immediate title contenders

Wonder if the Mets would do something like that. Huge market. Get Syndergaard/Diaz and a prospect or two like a Matthew Allan/ Francisco Alvarez coming back. Brody is crazy, he’s not scared of massive deals. It makes them a title contender imo

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Gutless move to not have a press conference. Fired the guy and didn't want to stand in front and face the music. Even better is that Drellich tidbit that they fired him over extending Chris Sale instead of waiting to see how his shoulder was going to hold up. Maybe I'm crazy, but wouldn't Sox ownership ultimately have to approve a deal that large? Now that Sale is hurt, they hang it on Dembrowski? Yeah, not buying it.

I made that point as well. The Dombrowski Henry hired is the exact guy he's firing. He came as advertised. And Henry approved the big signings along the way. He used Dombrowski for a title and is throwing him away like a piece of trash. Pick a direction already. Either you want the Cherington long game approach or the Dombrowski approach. I will allow for a middle ground but enough already. Clarify what you want in a GM and let them do their thing.

This scares the ever living **** out of me

I'm confused by that tweet. What are they saying Dombrowski couldn't pull off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad