Red Sox/MLB 2019 Regular Season II - David Ortiz shot in the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Sweep the Rays on the road and then look to give it right back against the Tigers at home. So annoying.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
19 earned in 23 innings with Sandy now

Glad we have a pitchers era of 7.50 to go along with the least competitive at bats I’ve ever seen in my entire life from a major league hitter

Goalposts officially moved.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Goalposts officially moved.

What, the fact that he hasn’t helped the pitching staff a smidgeon because they aren’t executing? Like I said all along- it does not matter who is back there when they are pitching the way they are

And Nah I’ve been pretty consistent with that. I’m more and more right by the inning

Thank god he’s back though! The one missing variable, right???!? Lolololololol

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
This is why I will never get upset about trading prospects that are as far away from the big leagues as he was.

Yup, it’s too volatile of a position to project out too far. They Got 16 wins out of pomeranz that one year. That alone makes this deal well well worth it (in hindsight)

Jay Groome is an example in our own system

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
What, the fact that he hasn’t helped the pitching staff a smidgeon because they aren’t executing? Like I said all along- it does not matter who is back there when they are pitching the way they are

And Nah I’ve been pretty consistent with that. I’m more and more right by the inning

Thank god he’s back though! The one missing variable, right???!? Lolololololol

Original discussion was the starters, not the bullpen......which you are now conveniently changing. The starters have improved overall since he's been back.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Original discussion was the starters, not the bullpen......which you are now conveniently changing. The starters have improved overall since he's been back.

Lol talk about nit-picking. Don’t know if you watched the game yesterday but the tigers hit piss missiles off Sale. He also caught Sale last time when he got teed off on as well.

It’s a damn shame his catcher super powers only work for starting pitchers (and by work I mean “work”). Congrats, the staff era is not 9 anymore I guess? It’s almost like water is finding its level. They’re still getting pounded pretty hard...

(Do you know how dumb that argument sounds? “Well the starters have been better”.....HIS ERA CATCHING IS 7.50. Part of that is from starters throwing to him believe it or not. Does his talent go away when they exit? Receiving ability deteriorates when Brewer enters the game? It’s so dumb I’m not gonna dignify it any further)

I’m not convinced he’s a better player than Centeno or Oscar Hernandez (ok he’s better than Oscar but still)

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Lol talk about nit-picking. Don’t know if you watched the game yesterday but the tigers hit piss missiles off Sale.

Didn't get a chance to watch it, but he only allowed 5 hits, 2 earned runs and had 10 SOs in 5 innings, BY FAR his best outing of the year.......so I'm going to not worry about some "piss missiles" whatever the hell that is.

I'll ignore the rest of the sarcastic, tired drivel that completely ignores the differences in how individual catchers call games and go back to enjoying last night's win. Have a nice day.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Five of the first seven balls hit off of him Were over 102 mph. He was getting tattooed by a terrible lineup

He also had major difficulty putting anybody away, 19 foul balls with two strikes. It’s why he could go only five

You might be OK with that from your ace against a AAA lineup but I’m not. And whoever is catching makes zero bit of difference when the pitchers aren’t executing. The numbers Prove that more and more by the day.

None of what I said was sarcastic by the way. The lack of Sandy Leon had zero impact on this team. As a matter of fact not having him looks to be a plus...because he’s a worse hitter than Jon Lester these days (fact not opinion) and the pitching hasn’t gotten any better

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Chavis at 2B tonight

Hopefully he can continue to look passable there because he’s a weapon at the plate.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Oh look, Sandy’s catching again and the pitchers still stink

Stunned

I think we’re at 25 runs and counting in 27 innings? He brings less than nothing to the table

Chavis is dope tho

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Oh look, Sandy’s catching again and the pitchers still stink

Stunned

I think we’re at 25 runs and counting in 27 innings? He brings less than nothing to the table

Chavis is dope tho

LOL. This post aged well. Maybe next time wait for the game to be over before declaring victory.

Talk about stepping in it.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Only 25 runs in 33 innings or whatever it is after a 4.50 start from porcello! His catchers ERA is more than a run and a half more than heath hembree’s ERA! Damn my point really got destroyed!

He pitched average against a lineup with Gordon Beckham starting at SS in the middle of the order and Niko Goodrum in the cleanup hole! Talk about stepping in it CDJ, wow!!! It was a perfectly mediocre outing against a brutal lineup after a terrible start to the outing. You really gloated about that. Incredible

You were wrong when you suggested he was the only variable that changed. He doesn’t impact this team all that much at all and there was much more at play than a lack of Sandy Leon. It is what it is

Only thing the Sandy call up has done is make Vazquez play better. Sale still doesn’t look good. Porcello still doesn’t look good. It’s because they weren’t ready for the season. Has nothing to do with who is catching

Sandy got a hit though so maybe one day if he reaches his max potential he can display the prowess shown by Jon Lester at the dish

I’ll give it a rest at this point, I’ve said everything I could possibly say. But just know this (and this isn’t necessarily at you seidenbergy, this is the others who argued it)- who is catching does not matter if the pitcher has any amount of intestinal fortitude. Maddux hated throwing to Javy Lopez, never stopped him from painting corners. They may have preferences- sure- but at the end of the day they can make the decision on what pitch to throw and where and it is their job alone to execute. They’ve been grooving pitches all year with or without Sandy

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Josh Smith starting tonight

Pretty standard AAAA guy. Only reason it isn’t Shawaryn is that I imagine they don’t want to burn an option on him if the game only goes 2 innings and gets rained out

Reactions: N o o d l e s

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Jarren Duran in Salem is batting over .400. He’s been raking ever since he was drafted. Kid keeps this up he should be a top 100 prospect by seasons end.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Jarren Duran in Salem is batting over .400. He’s been raking ever since he was drafted. Kid keeps this up he should be a top 100 prospect by seasons end.

I’ve seen people throw a 70/75 grade on his speed too. If he can become a more efficient base stealer he’s going to be a problem at the top of the lineup down the road

Reactions: GlenFeatherstone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad