WR - Christian Kirk
WR - Donte Moncrief
QB - Marcus Mariota

Last edited:

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
What other RBs were there when you took Williams? He seems like a boom/bust pick this year, and taking those at the 2/3 turn is extremely risky. I like both of your QBs. And I like it that you reached on the Browns D. I'm not so sure about Michel this year since there are so many RBs on the Pats' roster.
Entire 2nd/3rd tier of RB was gone so best left would have been Freeman, A Jones, Mack, Kerryon.

It is a bit risky, I planned on making sure I had Darwin Thompson to cuff him but guy took him in the mid 8th round, which is the earliest I've seen him go.

I'm high on Sony this year and have been drafting him a lot, news out of New England seems to be that they want to feed him the ball and he looked good in his pre season action. Add in that he has a good OL and a team that should be leading a lot and I think he has league leader in rush TD potential.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
10 team h2h PPR

QB - Carson Wentz
QB - Jameis Winston
RB - Saquon Barkley
RB - James Conner
WR - Antonio Brown
WR - Stefon Diggs
TE - Jared Cook
FLEX - James White
D/ST - Vikings
K - Ka’imi Fairbairn

BENCH
RB - Kenyan Drake
RB - Royce Freeman
WR - Marvin Jones Jr.
WR - Christian Kirk
WR - Donte Moncrief
QB - Marcus Mariota

Looks really good (again, 10 teamers are hard for me to judge). Barkley, Brown, Conner and Diggs is a great start to a draft. White is a safe pick in PPR. I just don't like your RBs after your top three. I love Moncrief this year.

Entire 2nd/3rd tier of RB was gone so best left would have been Freeman, A Jones, Mack, Kerryon.

It is a bit risky, I planned on making sure I had Darwin Thompson to cuff him but guy took him in the mid 8th round, which is the earliest I've seen him go.

I'm high on Sony this year and have been drafting him a lot, news out of New England seems to be that they want to feed him the ball and he looked good in his pre season action. Add in that he has a good OL and a team that should be leading a lot and I think he has league leader in rush TD potential.

I would have taken everyone on that list except Mack over Williams.

NE's center might be out for the year.

Reactions: PG Canuck

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
12 Team, STD, Pick 7:

Hopkins
OBJ
Kittle
Carson
Ingram
Ekeler
Penny
R. Anderson
Singletary
Newton
L. Jackson
D. Thompson
D. Harris
Waller
PHI

Probably cutting Harris for a K, I want to see how things with Waller play out. I almost never take 2 QBs but Lamar was too good to pass up with my other deep stash RB targets gone (Pollard and J. Jackson).

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
12 team .5 ppr, QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, Flex, K, D with 5 bench spots

QB Ryan, Wentz
RB Connor, Carson, Duke Johnson, McCoy
WR Cooper, Allen, Theilen, Goodwin, Lockett
TE Burton
K Whoever
Def Bears

Reactions: Ditch Donkey

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Did the auction a few days ago. Really enjoyed it. So much more strategy involved. Think I'm hooked.

In hindsight I think I got caught up a little to much in the value of guys and didn't focus enough on my actual teams needs and ended up with like 6 top 25 WRs, and I had 3 QBs, while pretty weak at RB. I got my hand caught in the cookie jar trying to up the value once as well. Also, in hindsight I think I should have gone the few bucks extra to secure a stud instead of trying to stay discipline. I feel like I have really good depth but no true studs which will hurt me.

$200 14 spots. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, Flex, Def, K

Conner $41
Cooper $43
Luck $3 (since dropped, lol)
Allen $29
Theilen $27
Carson $10
Goodwin $14
Lockett $11
Ryan $4
Jeffrey $3 (since traded for Bear d)
Wentz $2
Duke Johnson $3
McCoy $1
Burton $7 (all of my remaining budget)

Think I'm in decent shape, but I really regret the Goodwin pick. I didn't really want him and caught caught with him. Would have been much better served picking up another 2nd tier RB.

Anyways, thanks for the help.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I would have taken everyone on that list except Mack over Williams.

NE's center might be out for the year.
NE's center was weakest link of their line, all reports are they have one of the best lines in football and a cake schedule. Sony will eat if he is healthy, I guarantee it.

Williams has the highest potential but the highest risk factor of those backs, with Saquon set as my RB1 I accepted the risk.

Mar 1, 2002
12 team PPR League. Last year every said my team would suck. They were right. I think I have a better one this year

Wilson/Trubisky
McCaffrey/Mack/Duke Johnson/Hunt/Pollard/Ito Smith
Ridley/Boyd/Davis/Tate/Washington/
Kelce
Gostkowski
Seahawks

Last edited:

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
It's hard for me to judge 10 team leagues. Ekeler and Duke are really good value picks. I like it that you got Wilson late.

Yea I seem to have gotten a lot of good value in this league. I think Gurley's a steal at 16 even with his concerns. Mixon and Cook went before him.

Kittle in the 5th sounds about right in a league where tight ends can only be put in a WR slot. Considering that it's 16 teams, that's probably a good value. Having that small of a bench will make for some interesting decisions. I don't think having a backup QB with that small of a bench is a good idea. McCoy seems like a waste of a pick to me. I like Singletary's value a lot more.

Actually considered Kittle when I took Hilton, got him anyway.

I hate McCoy this year but that was basically all that was left and he's still a starter for the time being. Can always drop him.

Took Dak for a few reasons.
1. Sounds like Cam will play week 1, but have a fall safe.
2. Felt it was really good value where I got him, can always trade to a QB needy team later. Any other pick would have been a dart throw.
3. Co-Owner is a Cowboys fan so he was beating the drum for him. lol.

L-Jax is a huge steal considering the 2x rewards for rushing touchdowns. I have no idea why he went that late, then. Williams in the 6th is a steal even though I don't like him at all. Howard is great value as well. I like it a lot, but then again, it's a 10 teamer. So I don't know if that's really good or not.

Went into this draft absolutely wanting him or Murray or possibly both. I think he'll be my starter after a few weeks. Also have a partner in this league who wanted the Brees-Thomas combo.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
12 team ppr, 1QB/2RB/2WR//1TE/1Flex/DST/K, 7 man bench. I went into this with the 8th pick, and the idea that I'd take 2 WRs with my first 2 picks. Thoughts on how it turned out?

Hopkins
Devante Adams
Aaron Jones
Damien Williams
Golladay
OJ Howard
DJ Moore
Cam Newton
Corey Davis
Penny
Sutton
Chargers D
Valdez-Scantling
Richard
Albert Wilson
Badgley

Last edited:

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
12 team ppr, 1QB/2RB/2WR//1TE/1Flex/DST/K, 7 man bench. I went into this with the 8th pick, and the idea that I'd take 2 WRs with my first 2 picks. Thoughts on how it turned out?

Hopkins
Devante Adams
Aaron Jones
Damien Williams
Golladay
OJ Howard
DJ Moore
Cam Newton
Corey Davis
Penny
Sutton
Chargers D
Valdez-Scantling
Richard
Albert Wilson
Badgley
I think the rest of your league is a little questionable, Adams falls all the way to 17?! Great value for you~

Did my final draft in my league of record, 12 team PPR, 3 WR. I picked 9th.

1. Julio Jones
2. Tyreek Hill
3. Leonard Fournette
4. Tyler Lockett
5. Kenny Golladay
6. OJ Howard
7. Austin Ekeler
8. Darwin Thompson
9. Marquez Valdes-Scantling
10. Cam Newton
11. Lamar Jackson
12. Chris Thompson
13. Will Lutz
14. Damien Harris
15. Browns D
16. Eric Ebron

Not sure how I like it, very WR heavy, will need to play the wire and hope Thompson hits but my starting lineup is pretty nice.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I think the rest of your league is a little questionable, Adams falls all the way to 17?! Great value for you~

1. Julio Jones
2. Tyreek Hill
3. Leonard Fournette
4. Tyler Lockett
5. Kenny Golladay
6. OJ Howard
7. Austin Ekeler
8. Darwin Thompson
10. Cam Newton
11. Lamar Jackson
12. Chris Thompson
13. Will Lutz
14. Damien Harris
15. Browns D
16. Eric Ebron

Not sure how I like it, very WR heavy, will need to play the wire and hope Thompson hits but my starting lineup is pretty nice.
I feel the same about my team. Can always use some WR depth to improve running backs if need be. As for the league, yeah... picks 1-16 saw Mahomes, Watson and Roethlisberger taken. However the ESPN standings predictor also has me finishing 4th.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Had a dream draft tonight in a 12 team league with pick #4. The league’s scoring rules are very different from cookie cutter scoring systems.

With pick #4 I ranked my top 4 players expecting to get my fourth guy. Instead I got my top ranked player at pick #4 and the player I expected to take there slipped all the way through the snake draft back to my 2nd round pick at #19.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
My only one year league this year...

12 team PPR, 3 WR, 2 flex, no kicker, 2 IR... 2nd pick

1. Alvin Kamara
2. Keenan Allen
3. Kerryon Johnson
4. Julian Edelman
5. Melvin Gordon
6. A.J. Green
7. Duke Johnson
8. Cam Newton
9. Donte Moncrief
10. Eric Ebron
11. Golden Tate
12. Philip Rivers
13. Justice Hill
14. Cleveland D
15. Doug Martin
16. John Ross

I was torn between Kamara and McCaffrey for awhile leading up to the draft, but I decided to take Kamara. I figured that Gordon and Green were good values where I took them even though they'll probably miss the first quarter of the season. Duke Johnson... will he finally get a chance to be a lead back? I hated that I took a QB "early", so that was a big regret. I took a defense a little earlier since I love the Week 1 matchup at home against Tennessee. Martin was released before I drafted, and I knew that. I took a chance that maybe Houston would claim him (maybe Tampa, I don't know), but he was placed on IR yesterday.

Does anyone know if I could stash Gordon and Green on IR before Week 1?

Not really a fan of the AJ Green pick, but I like the Gordon one. I could be completely wrong, but I’m guessing he doesn’t miss the full four games.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Had a dream draft tonight in a 12 team league with pick #4. The league’s scoring rules are very different from cookie cutter scoring systems.

With pick #4 I ranked my top 4 players expecting to get my fourth guy. Instead I got my top ranked player at pick #4 and the player I expected to take there slipped all the way through the snake draft back to my 2nd round pick at #19.
WTH? Who are they?

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Did the auction a few days ago. Really enjoyed it. So much more strategy involved. Think I'm hooked.

In hindsight I think I got caught up a little to much in the value of guys and didn't focus enough on my actual teams needs and ended up with like 6 top 25 WRs, and I had 3 QBs, while pretty weak at RB. I got my hand caught in the cookie jar trying to up the value once as well. Also, in hindsight I think I should have gone the few bucks extra to secure a stud instead of trying to stay discipline. I feel like I have really good depth but no true studs which will hurt me.

Conner $41
Cooper $43
Allen $29
Theilen $27
Carson $10
Goodwin $14
Lockett $11
Ryan $4
Wentz $2
Duke Johnson $3
McCoy $1

Think I'm in decent shape, but I really regret the Goodwin pick. I didn't really want him and caught caught with him. Would have been much better served picking up another 2nd tier RB.

Some good value there. Cooper for 43 vs. Lockett at 11 is crazy though, I'd take Lockett over Cooper tbh.

Is Goodwin supposed to be Godwin? Cause if not that is a crazy amount to have paid for him haha. Overall I think you did a good job, Conner-Carson-Duke is still a decent RB core.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
10 team, 1 keeper (can't be the same player kept the previous season, doesn't impact draft status, i.e. keepers are round 1 of the draft)

I kept David Johnson. Rest of keepers were Mahomes, Antonio, Hopkins, Davante, Kittle (yeah), Bell, McCaffery, Saquon and Mixon.

I picked 7. First six picks were Kamara, Conner, M. Thomas, Chubb, D. Williams and Julio. Instead of a WR like JuJu/Hill/OBJ to go with DJ, I took Zeke. Those three receivers were gone, as were Evans, Gurley and A. Jones. So I took Kelce.

Here's my roster - our league doesn't require a TE, we have WR/TE slots and start three each week.

QB - Goff, Wilson
RB - DJ, Zeke, Duke, J. Samuels
WR/TW - Kelce, Lockett, Woods, Ridley, Kirk, Geronimo
K - Fairbairn, Boswell

We do IDP, and I dipped in there a bit early (Mack, Kuechly) but probably people don't wanna read about that.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Some good value there. Cooper for 43 vs. Lockett at 11 is crazy though, I'd take Lockett over Cooper tbh.

Is Goodwin supposed to be Godwin? Cause if not that is a crazy amount to have paid for him haha. Overall I think you did a good job, Conner-Carson-Duke is still a decent RB core.
Godwin TB WR, sorry. Lamar Miller happened after the draft, so Duke might end up being a real steal.

All but like 2-3 guys had never done an auction. There was definitely a spot when all but a few teams budgets dried up and their were a lot of bargains to be had. The top bids where like $70, to give you a frame a reference.

I'm happy with what I did, but I wish I would have added one true stud. Comparing it to snake drafts, I feel like I got a lot of 3rd, 4th round guys, but no 1st rounder. Maybe that's not the right way to look at it.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Godwin TB WR, sorry. Lamar Miller happened after the draft, so Duke might end up being a real steal.

All but like 2-3 guys had never done an auction. There was definitely a spot when all but a few teams budgets dried up and their were a lot of bargains to be had. The top bids where like $70, to give you a frame a reference.

I'm happy with what I did, but I wish I would have added one true stud. Comparing it to snake drafts, I feel like I got a lot of 3rd, 4th round guys, but no 1st rounder. Maybe that's not the right way to look at it.

That's a heck of a deal for Godwin, imo.

Honestly, all of your "mid-tier guys" (Carson, Lockett, Godwin) seem like great value, imo. I also like most of the guys you ended up with late for cheap.

Biggest (i.e only) issues I have with your team aret he seemingly crazy prices you paid for Cooper and Burton (Cooper especially).

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
That's a heck of a deal for Godwin, imo.

Honestly, all of your "mid-tier guys" (Carson, Lockett, Godwin) seem like great value, imo. I also like most of the guys you ended up with late for cheap.

Biggest (i.e only) issues I have with your team aret he seemingly crazy prices you paid for Cooper and Burton (Cooper especially).

Burton was last pick, can't take the money with you. Just big 7 because that's what I had left. $1 is more accurate for what he cost, although I guess that means I mismanaged my funds.

On the flip side Cooper was either my 1st or 2nd guy that I actually got. I think I was the last guy to actually win a bid and got a little frustrated and over aggressive.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Drafted in my 12 team TD-Only league last night. This league has been together for over 20 years now with the same scoring system. What's especially notable about this league is we give QB's 6 points for TD's instead of 4 points in the common TD-only scoring formats. This boosts QB's much higher in draft rankings. For example my standard scoring top 10 vs. top 10 in this TD league:

Standard: Barkley, McCaffrey, Kamara, Conner, Elliott, Hopkins, Hill, Mahomes, Smith-Schuster, Kelce

TD-Only 6pt: Mahomes, Barkley, Kamara, Conner, Ryan, Wentz, McCaffrey, Damien Williams, Hopkins, Hill

There are some severe changes, such as droppers Julio Jones from 21 to 51 and David Johnson from 20 to 40. Climbers like Damien Williams from 20 to 8.

Making this draft even better it's the first time we had to do it online instead of in person. And anyone who didn't customize their draft rankings on ESPN was looking at a projected list of players based on standard scoring, so got some nice value in later rounds. Also we start 3WR, no flex.

Picks
1-4: QB Patrick Mahomes
2-21: RB James Conner
3-28: RB Damien Williams
4-45: RB Melvin Gordon (think this is a good enough discount to take a risk on Gordon)
5-52: WR Tyler Lockett
6-69: WR Cooper Kupp
7-76: WR DJ Moore
8-93: K Justin Tucker (mini-run on kickers was gonna start so took my top rated guy)
9-100: RB Jordan Howard
10-117: RB Darwin Thompson (handcuff for Williams)
11-124: QB Kirk Cousins
12-141: TE Austin Hooper
13-148: WR Geronimo Allison
14-165: WR Mohamed Sanu
15-172: D Cleveland Browns (I usually stream D's in this league, they have a good week 1 matchup)
16-189: WR Rashard Higgins

Depth chart: (my position rank #)
QB: Mahomes #1, Cousins #11
RB: Conner #3, D Williams #5, Gordon #12, J Howard #26, Thompson #51
WR: Lockett #7, Kupp #17, DJ Moore #27, Allison #35, Sanu #21, Higgins #47
TE: Hooper #4
K: Tucker #1
D: Cleveland

Running with a single TE/K is no big deal in this league, about 18 will be on rosters so always someone decent on the waiver wire when needed.

Last edited:

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
12 Team, STD, Pick 7:

Hopkins
OBJ
Kittle
Carson
Ingram
Ekeler
Penny
R. Anderson
Singletary
Newton
L. Jackson
D. Thompson
D. Harris
Waller
PHI

Probably cutting Harris for a K, I want to see how things with Waller play out. I almost never take 2 QBs but Lamar was too good to pass up with my other deep stash RB targets gone (Pollard and J. Jackson).

I love Carson this year, but I don't think he's an RB1. I personally don't like taking a top tier tight end, but I know some people do. I would have grabbed a running back there. Anderson seems like a good value pick. I like that you waited on QBs.

12 team .5 ppr, QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, Flex, K, D with 5 bench spots

QB Ryan, Wentz
RB Connor, Carson, Duke Johnson, McCoy
WR Cooper, Allen, Theilen, Goodwin, Lockett
TE Burton
K Whoever
Def Bears

Meh. I'm not a fan of Conner as mentioned. Carson and Duke, I do like though. Goodwin or Godwin? I'm guessing Godwin since Goodwin isn't fantasy relevant in a league with a shallow bench.

12 team PPR League. Last year every said my team would suck. They were right. I think I have a better one this year

Wilson/Trubisky
McCaffrey/Mack/Duke Johnson/Hunt/Pollard/Ito Smith
Ridley/Boyd/Davis/Tate/Washington/
Kelce
Gostkowski
Seahawks

Stashing Hunt I think is a bad idea even though it could pay off. I know that he can't be stashed in an IR spot. I'm not a fan of Mack at all. I would have liked to see you grab a better WR1 than Ridley.

Hopkins
Devante Adams
Aaron Jones
Damien Williams
Golladay
OJ Howard
DJ Moore
Cam Newton
Corey Davis
Penny
Sutton
Chargers D
Valdez-Scantling
Richard
Albert Wilson
Badgley

Looks really good. I have no idea why Adams fell that far, but their loss. Your RB depth is pretty bad, though.

1. Julio Jones
2. Tyreek Hill
3. Leonard Fournette
4. Tyler Lockett
5. Kenny Golladay
6. OJ Howard
7. Austin Ekeler
8. Darwin Thompson
10. Cam Newton
11. Lamar Jackson
12. Chris Thompson
13. Will Lutz
14. Damien Harris
15. Browns D
16. Eric Ebron

I love your WRs, and I think Fournette will bounce back. But you better hope that Gordon's holdout lasts awhile. Your RB depth is horrible. Cam and L-Jax are good value and upside picks. I have no idea why you took a kicker that early. I think the Browns are a top three-ish defense for week 1.

10 team, 1 keeper (can't be the same player kept the previous season, doesn't impact draft status, i.e. keepers are round 1 of the draft)

I kept David Johnson. Rest of keepers were Mahomes, Antonio, Hopkins, Davante, Kittle (yeah), Bell, McCaffery, Saquon and Mixon.

I picked 7. First six picks were Kamara, Conner, M. Thomas, Chubb, D. Williams and Julio. Instead of a WR like JuJu/Hill/OBJ to go with DJ, I took Zeke. Those three receivers were gone, as were Evans, Gurley and A. Jones. So I took Kelce.

Here's my roster - our league doesn't require a TE, we have WR/TE slots and start three each week.

QB - Goff, Wilson
RB - DJ, Zeke, Duke, J. Samuels
WR/TW - Kelce, Lockett, Woods, Ridley, Kirk, Geronimo
K - Fairbairn, Boswell

We do IDP, and I dipped in there a bit early (Mack, Kuechly) but probably people don't wanna read about that.

Why a backup kicker? Elliott 7th overall (really not 7th) could win you the league even though leagues aren't usually won at the draft. Kelce seems like a waste considering that you don't have to start a tight end. 10 teamers are difficult for me to judge as mentioned before.

Reactions: Beauner

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

Conner $41
Cooper $43
Allen $29
Theilen $27
Carson $10
Goodwin $14
Lockett $11
Ryan $4
Wentz $2
Duke Johnson $3
McCoy $1

I moved your posts.

I love it. I'm not sure why QBs went for so little. Godwin, Carson and Duke are great value picks. I wouldn't be disappointed with Godwin at all. The only thing I don't like is Conner like I've been saying all month. Good job.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Why a backup kicker? Elliott 7th overall (really not 7th) could win you the league even though leagues aren't usually won at the draft. Kelce seems like a waste considering that you don't have to start a tight end. 10 teamers are difficult for me to judge as mentioned before.

Long story on b/u K not worth telling. Short version is the league is 30 years old and predates most of the now-standard fantasy apparatus and is slow to change.

Per our ,league scoring, Kelce finished 6th in WR/TE scoring last year, behind Hill, AB, Hopkins, Adams and Jones. It came down to him or Thielen (Keenan too but he was my number one a couple years ago and pretty meh and I had a bad year so I have a predisposition) and I just wanted to get a piece of the Chiefs offense.

Not to say those aren't fair questions/concerns. Just answering them...

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Somehow got McCaffrey 4th. Kamara went 1 instead of Barkley and Hopkins(!) went 3.

I was actually gonna go Hopkins 4 cause I have Johnson in 2 other leagues and wasn't chancing Zeke. So happy I didn't have to do that.

12 teams Half PPR:

4 Christian McCaffrey Car, RB
21 Joe Mixon Cin, RB
28 Stefon Diggs Min, WR
45 Mark Ingram II Bal, RB
52 Tyler Boyd Cin, WR
69 O.J. Howard TB, TE
76 Austin Ekeler LAC, RB
93 Marvin Jones Jr. Det, WR
100 Jamison Crowder NYJ, WR
117 Kalen Ballage Mia, RB
124 John Brown Buf, WR