2019 Rate My Team Thread

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
I crapped the bed on QB and TE. Everyone was taking a QB in like the first couple rounds. Most people in my league dont know much about nfl fantasy. I shouldve taken better QBs and kinda gambling on that and TE

10 team
22 round initial draft
Keep 5

Scoring (below)

Screenshot_2019-08-05-14-49-33.png

QB
- Lamar Jackson
- Kyler Murray
- Dwayne Haskins

RB
- Alvin Kamara
- Melvin Gordon
- James Conner
- Phillip Lindsay
- Matt Breida

WR
- Juju Smith Schuster
- Robert Woods
- DJ Moore
- DeDe Westbrook
- Dante Pettis
- Golden Tate

TE
- Vance McDonald
- Noah Fant
- Hayden Hurst

DST
- Cowboys
- Chiefs
- Buccs

K
- Jake Elliott
- Grigori Tavecchio

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
A few thoughts:

1. Why three defenses and two kickers?
2. QBs aren't that important in limited keepers (or dynasties, for that part).
3. Kamara/Gordon/Juju is a great start to a draft (guessing that this was what you started with)

It's tough for me to judge a 10 team standard limited keeper since I usually play deeper PPR dynasties. But it looks okay. Tight end is usually a dumpster fire, anyway.

Reactions: Franson

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
6th pick of a 12 team PPR redraft. 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB/TE

QB - Ryan,Darnold

RB - Elliot, Montgomery, Guice, R. Freeman, Josh Jackson, Tony Pollard, Jamaal Williams

WR - OBJ, Edelman, Geranimo Allison, Courtland Sutton, Tre'Quan Smith, Robert Foster, Marqise Lee

TE - Kittle

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
6th pick of a 12 team PPR redraft. 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB/TE

QB - Ryan,Darnaud

RB - Elliot, Montgomery, Guice, R. Freeman, Josh Jackson, Tony Pollard, Jamaal Williams

WR - OBJ, Edelman, Geranimo Allison, Courtland Sutton, Tre'Quan Smith, Robert Foster, Marqise Lee

TE - Kittle

I totally get taking one of the first tier tight ends, but it's something I never do unless it's a really shallow league (think 10 teams). As mentioned in the other thread, I have no idea what to think of Elliott right now. 6th overall is definitely worth the risk, though. I would have waited longer on a QB, as I'd be perfectly fine with one of the QBs taken in the 10-12 range. I'm not touching Guice this year in re-draft unless he falls.

There's no TE spot? It's just two RB, two WR and a flex?

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Well. Did my first draft yesterday. I thought it was ppr but it was standard. I picked 8th in the draft with 10 teams .QB rb rb wr wr te flex d k and 6 bench spots. Was a really fun draft, lots of drinks, a bbq and a bunch of good friends. I dont feel great about my draft but it's a team that will need some breakout players.

1. Hopkins
2. Cooks
3. D. William's
4. Evan's
5. Watson
6. Mack
7. Kirk
8. Robbie Anderson
9. K. Hunt
10. S. Shepard's
11. V. McDonald
12. Andrew's
13. Jimmy g
14. Eagles
15. Elliot

And about an hour later, a bottle of tequila later trade talk started and everything went downhill lmfao. I made a very questionable alcohol fueled trade.

V.macdonald and cook's for kittle and ty Hilton. Reflecting back upon the trade this morning it was a big oops but at the time it was fun lmao.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Well. Did my first draft yesterday. I thought it was ppr but it was standard. I picked 8th in the draft with 10 teams .QB rb rb wr wr te flex d k and 6 bench spots. Was a really fun draft, lots of drinks, a bbq and a bunch of good friends. I dont feel great about my draft but it's a team that will need some breakout players.

1. Hopkins
2. Cooks
3. D. William's
4. Evan's
5. Watson
6. Mack
7. Kirk
8. Robbie Anderson
9. K. Hunt
10. S. Shepard's
11. V. McDonald
12. Andrew's
13. Jimmy g
14. Eagles
15. Elliot

And about an hour later, a bottle of tequila later trade talk started and everything went downhill lmfao. I made a very questionable alcohol fueled trade.

V.macdonald and cook's for kittle and ty Hilton. Reflecting back upon the trade this morning it was a big oops but at the time it was fun lmao.
By Cooks do you mean Brandin Cooks or Dalvin Cook lol, if Dalvin I would say not a great trade but not horrible. If Cooks then you destroyed him in that trade, so I'll assume it was Dalvin.

I prefer his side but it's not horrible if Kittle has another big year

Reactions: tacogeoff

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
By Cooks do you mean Brandin Cooks or Dalvin Cook lol, if Dalvin I would say not a great trade but not horrible. If Cooks then you destroyed him in that trade, so I'll assume it was Dalvin.

I'm guessing it's Dalvin since Brandin would be an awful pick in the second round.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

1. Hopkins
2. Cooks
3. D. William's
4. Evan's
5. Watson
6. Mack
7. Kirk
8. Robbie Anderson
9. K. Hunt
10. S. Shepard's
11. V. McDonald
12. Andrew's
13. Jimmy g
14. Eagles
15. Elliot

I actually like the draft overall. Very solid WR's and TE's (imo) and Watson is one of the only QB's I'd "pay up" for at/near his ADP.

The trade is pretty bad, if only for the reason that your remaining RB depth is quite bad. Obviously it only helps your (already strong) WR and TE cores. You should start to sniff our RB trades using Hilton/Kirk/Anderson/Sheppard as bait, imo.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

Ya it was d. Cook. Darn auto correct. Typed that out hung over as.... taking a day to reflect though I am ok with it as he is a high risk for injury based on history. I should be able to flip one of my wrs for a every down back which I like more then cook.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
I dont think its bad at all. Hilton is great with healthy Luck, Kittle was a top TE last year, tho who knows if Jimmy G uses him as much as inferior QB's usually use TE's but Cook has not done a whole lot and cant stay healthy. Williams and Mack are a wild cards with upside but Cook wasnt a whole lot safer

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Just finished a 14 team draft. Ppr league. This is more of a mess around for fun, non money league that includes draft pick trading. I had 2nd overall but after that its al over the place due to trades I'll just put the number where they were selected.
Qb rb wr wr te flex defense k

2. MccaFfery
22. Ty hilton
27 Diggs
30 cooper
58. D. Montgomery
68 hunter Henry
83 sterling shepard
86 LA rams
96 Goff
111 Lamar Miller
142 fairNairn
167 Devine singletray rb
170 sam darnold
195 John Ross 111 we

Few things I didn't like. I Went a tad early on defence and I drafted a second qb at the end. But all in all there wasn't much left to grab off the board at that point lol. It's always an eye opener doing a 14 team when your used to a 10 lol

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Did my 1st draft. 12 team PPR, 3 WR. Not sure how much I like it.

Picked 6th:

1. Zeke Elliott
2. Travis Kelce
3. T.Y. Hilton
4. Robert Woods
5. Sony Michel
6. A.J Green
7. Curtis Samuel
8. Sammy Watkins
9. Tony Pollard
10. Dion Lewis
11. Golden Tate
12. Jameis Winston
13. Jordan Reed
14. Chris Thompson
15. Chase Edmonds
16. Giorgio Tavecchio
17. Adam Humphries
18. Cowboys DEF

Chubb and Kelce fell to me at 2.07, picked Kelce but kind of regretting not taking Chubb.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Just finished a 14 team draft. Ppr league. This is more of a mess around for fun, non money league that includes draft pick trading. I had 2nd overall but after that its al over the place due to trades I'll just put the number where they were selected.
Qb rb wr wr te flex defense k

2. MccaFfery
22. Ty hilton
27 Diggs
30 cooper
58. D. Montgomery
68 hunter Henry
83 sterling shepard
86 LA rams
96 Goff
111 Lamar Miller
142 fairNairn
167 Devine singletray rb
170 sam darnold
195 John Ross 111 we

Few things I didn't like. I Went a tad early on defence and I drafted a second qb at the end. But all in all there wasn't much left to grab off the board at that point lol. It's always an eye opener doing a 14 team when your used to a 10 lol

Looks really good for a 14 teamer, to be honest.

Did my 1st draft. 12 team PPR, 3 WR. Not sure how much I like it.

Picked 6th:

1. Zeke Elliott
2. Travis Kelce
3. T.Y. Hilton
4. Robert Woods
5. Sony Michel
6. A.J Green
7. Curtis Samuel
8. Sammy Watkins
9. Tony Pollard
10. Dion Lewis
11. Golden Tate
12. Jameis Winston
13. Jordan Reed
14. Chris Thompson
15. Chase Edmonds
16. Giorgio Tavecchio
17. Adam Humphries
18. Cowboys DEF

Chubb and Kelce fell to me at 2.07, picked Kelce but kind of regretting not taking Chubb.

Yeah, I probably would have taken Chubb.

I don't think a backup TE is necessary when you pick one of the top three guys. You're never sitting them regardless of the matchup. That feels like a wasted pick. I like that you got Winston that late. He's definitely boom or bust this year, though.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Looks really good for a 14 teamer, to be honest.

Yeah, I probably would have taken Chubb.

I don't think a backup TE is necessary when you pick one of the top three guys. You're never sitting them regardless of the matchup. That feels like a wasted pick. I like that you got Winston that late. He's definitely boom or bust this year, though.
Ya, I low-key have some faith in reed having a bounce back year. I’m hoping for a couple healthy games to start where he does well and then maybe sell to someone needing a TE.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
12 team redraft non ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 D, 1 K. Had the 10th pick.

10. Hopkins
15. D. Cook
34. D. Freeman
39. Ertz
58. C. Ridley
63. Mike Williams
82. C. Samuels
87. Miles Sanders
106. R. Freeman
111. Mark Andrews
130. Trubisky
135. Crowder
154. Rosas
159. Houston
178. Tre'quan Smith

Was the last to pick a QB and several had taken multiple by the time I picked mine, I wasn't expecting a run on backups or I may have went with one earlier. If my RB can stay health I'll be happy, I also need a clear WR2 to emerge lots of guys that I don't have huge faith in week to week.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
12 team redraft non ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 D, 1 K. Had the 10th pick.

10. Hopkins
15. D. Cook
34. D. Freeman
39. Ertz
58. C. Ridley
63. Mike Williams
82. C. Samuels
87. Miles Sanders
106. R. Freeman
111. Mark Andrews
130. Trubisky
135. Crowder
154. Rosas
159. Houston
178. Tre'quan Smith

Was the last to pick a QB and several had taken multiple by the time I picked mine, I wasn't expecting a run on backups or I may have went with one earlier. If my RB can stay health I'll be happy, I also need a clear WR2 to emerge lots of guys that I don't have huge faith in week to week.

I would say that I really like it, but you took a kicker way too early. :sarcasm:

Ertz that late seems like a steal to me. I love Samuel to breakout this year. A lot of people like Mark Andrews as a sleeper. I've fallen into the Crowder trap way too many times, but that's worth the risk that late. I wouldn't be comfortable with Mitch as your starter, so I guess stream every week. I like Devonta Freeman as well.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I would say that I really like it, but you took a kicker way too early. :sarcasm:

Ertz that late seems like a steal to me. I love Samuel to breakout this year. A lot of people like Mark Andrews as a sleeper. I've fallen into the Crowder trap way too many times, but that's worth the risk that late. I wouldn't be comfortable with Mitch as your starter, so I guess stream every week. I like Devonta Freeman as well.

I was actually watching the Giants game when drafting and they showed the kicker was like 32/33 last year. With how bad some kickers have been lately I wanted someone accurate and consistent over the occasional 50 harder.

With Trubisky I'm hoping his running will be what gets me those few extra points he won't get with the huge passing games. And if he can keep his int's down. I'm hoping either Samuel or Crowder become the #1 target on their team and for Ridley to improve on last season. With Keenan Allen getting banged up Williams also has a shot to be a #1 target. I had Freeman last year and injuries did me in, hopefully he's healthy and that OL can create some holes.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Just finished my 12 team 1pt ppr league. Drafted 6th overall. Qb rb rb wr wr te flex k dec

1. Hopkins
2. Chubb
3. Ty hilton
4. D. Montgomery
5. Ingram
6. Aj green
7. Calvin Ridley
8. Will lutz......
9. Shady McCoy
10. Jamies winston
11. Ito Smith
12. Trey burton
13. Jimmy Graham
14. Kirk cousins
15. Saints

Well this was a bit of a weird one for me. Lutz...total mistake, was drafting on the nfl.com app. I was checking out his profile and my turn popped, instead of hitting back I stupidly hit the plus button as I was going to add him to my favorites. Oh well.

Then I had drafters remorse on winston and burton as I had them before in other seasons and they were so inconsistent that I started to panic and tried to find backups.

Overall I am ok with my rb and wr stable.

Also named my team HopAlong Chubbsters after my 1st and 2nd round picks. Not sure if it's too crass/rude but it is original.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Picked 7th, full PPR 3 WR league.

1. Nick Chubb
2. Dalvin Cook
3. T.Y. Hilton
4. Josh Jacobs
5. Cooper Kupp
6. Robby Anderson
7. AJ Green
8. Curtis Samuel
9. Royce Freeman
10. Kallen Ballage
11. Darwin Thompson
12. Lamar Jackson
13. Jordan Reed
14. Mark Andrews
15. Damien Harris
16. Jimmy Garoppolo
17. Ben Roethlisberger
18. Cowboys DEF

Reached a bit for Chubb after not taking him at 2.07 in my last draft lol. Like the construction of the team though, 3 workhorse backs and a lot of good depth at WR. Will drop either Jimmy G or Big Ben for a kicker before the season starts.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Just finished my 12 team 1pt ppr league. Drafted 6th overall. Qb rb rb wr wr te flex k dec

1. Hopkins
2. Chubb
3. Ty hilton
4. D. Montgomery
5. Ingram
6. Aj green
7. Calvin Ridley
8. Will lutz......
9. Shady McCoy
10. Jamies winston
11. Ito Smith
12. Trey burton
13. Jimmy Graham
14. Kirk cousins
15. Saints

Well this was a bit of a weird one for me. Lutz...total mistake, was drafting on the nfl.com app. I was checking out his profile and my turn popped, instead of hitting back I stupidly hit the plus button as I was going to add him to my favorites. Oh well.

Then I had drafters remorse on winston and burton as I had them before in other seasons and they were so inconsistent that I started to panic and tried to find backups.

Overall I am ok with my rb and wr stable.

Also named my team HopAlong Chubbsters after my 1st and 2nd round picks. Not sure if it's too crass/rude but it is original.

I like your early draft for the most part except for Ingram, who I hate this year. Green is worth a shot in round six. Yeah, that Lutz pick was awful, but mistakes happen when you're drafting on an app. I don't think Jameis and Burton are awful picks, but using two of your six bench spots on a backup QB and a backup TE is not ideal at all.

Picked 7th, full PPR 3 WR league.

1. Nick Chubb
2. Dalvin Cook
3. T.Y. Hilton
4. Josh Jacobs
5. Cooper Kupp
6. Robby Anderson
7. AJ Green
8. Curtis Samuel
9. Royce Freeman
10. Kallen Ballage
11. Darwin Thompson
12. Lamar Jackson
13. Jordan Reed
14. Mark Andrews
15. Damien Harris
16. Jimmy Garoppolo
17. Ben Roethlisberger
18. Cowboys DEF

Reached a bit for Chubb after not taking him at 2.07 in my last draft lol. Like the construction of the team though, 3 workhorse backs and a lot of good depth at WR. Will drop either Jimmy G or Big Ben for a kicker before the season starts.

I definitely would have taken a WR in a PPR at 7, whether it was Julio, Thomas or Hopkins. I'm not a fan of Kupp coming off the ACL injury and a lot of depth for the Rams at WR. Again, Green is a good gamble. Samuel is a popular breakout pick. Picking three QBs (yes, I know that you posted that you're going to cut one) is a waste. Heck, I generally don't even take a backup QB at all. Andrews is a popular breakout guy as well. Again, a backup TE is not ideal.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I definitely would have taken a WR in a PPR at 7, whether it was Julio, Thomas or Hopkins. I'm not a fan of Kupp coming off the ACL injury and a lot of depth for the Rams at WR. Again, Green is a good gamble. Samuel is a popular breakout pick. Picking three QBs (yes, I know that you posted that you're going to cut one) is a waste. Heck, I generally don't even take a backup QB at all. Andrews is a popular breakout guy as well. Again, a backup TE is not ideal.
Fair, I'm bullish on Chubb and think you can get a lot of good value at WR in the middle rounds.

I think Kupp will be fine and resume his role as one of Goff's favourite targets, giving him a reliable floor with a bit of upside. I think my receivers turned out great considering I picked RB in 3/4 first rounds.

As for QB, yeah it's a bit of a waste but it was round 17, and there wasn't much to pick anyway. One will be gone for a kicker, I could have probably gotten away with rostering just Lamar but I like having someone there in case he struggles. Tight end, well I didn't trust any of the options left to not roster a back-up, hoping either Andrews or Reed can work out.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
16 team, non-ppr, picked 14th

QB: Jared Goff
RB:: Todd Gurley
RB: Chris Carson
WR: Tyreek Hill
WR: Amari Cooper
TE: Mark Andrews
Flex: Calvin Ridley
K: Chris Boswell
D/ST: Kansas City

Bench: Kenyon Drake
Bench: Will Fuller
Bench: Tre'Quan Smith
Bench: Alexander Mattison
Bench: Darwin Thompson
Bench: Michael Crabtree

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'll throw in something different for the heck of it cause I just did a college football draft for the first time, not sure how many people here do it though. While I autodrafted I paid some attention to the Fantrax rankings and scoring when doing the pre-rankings and had round-by-round position picks so I didn't wind up with nine QB's lol.

This is a twelve-team points league with only six starters (QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE) and eight bench spots. Think I did okay all things considered but with an autodraft and not being a huge CFB fan what do I know?

QB - McDonald (Hawaii), A. Rogers (UNLV)
RB - Warren II (Cinci), Torrey (N. Texas), Rivers (Fresno St), Armstrong (Notre Dame), Patterson (Buffalo)
WR - Wallace (Okla. St), Byrd II (Hawaii), Shakir (Boise St), Ward (Hawaii), J. Johnson (Oregon)
TE - Parkinson (Stanford), Ferguson (Wisconsin)

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
16 team, non-ppr, picked 14th

QB: Jared Goff
RB:: Todd Gurley
RB: Chris Carson
WR: Tyreek Hill
WR: Amari Cooper
TE: Mark Andrews
Flex: Calvin Ridley
K: Chris Boswell
D/ST: Kansas City

Bench: Kenyon Drake
Bench: Will Fuller
Bench: Tre'Quan Smith
Bench: Alexander Mattison
Bench: Darwin Thompson
Bench: Michael Crabtree

What other RBs were there when you took Gurley? I'm guessing he was either your 1st or your 2nd?

Carson is a great pick. A lot of people love Andrews this year. Mattison and Thompson have been impressing in camp. Crabtree is a nice dart throw even though most people shoot for young guys at the end. Nice job.

I'll throw in something different for the heck of it cause I just did a college football draft for the first time, not sure how many people here do it though. While I autodrafted I paid some attention to the Fantrax rankings and scoring when doing the pre-rankings and had round-by-round position picks so I didn't wind up with nine QB's lol.

This is a twelve-team points league with only six starters (QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE) and eight bench spots. Think I did okay all things considered but with an autodraft and not being a huge CFB fan what do I know?

QB - McDonald (Hawaii), A. Rogers (UNLV)
RB - Warren II (Cinci), Torrey (N. Texas), Rivers (Fresno St), Armstrong (Notre Dame), Patterson (Buffalo)
WR - Wallace (Okla. St), Byrd II (Hawaii), Shakir (Boise St), Ward (Hawaii), J. Johnson (Oregon)
TE - Parkinson (Stanford), Ferguson (Wisconsin)

6 starters and only 8 bench spots? Yuck.

I get that Hawaii throws a ton (who doesn't nowadays?), but you're banking on them a lot. I couldn't tell you a thing about the players, but I know what type of offenses these teams run. Stanford I know loves using their tight ends. Oklahoma State lost a lot at WR over the last couple of years, so someone has to catch it. I think picking the smaller conference guys for fantasy college is the way to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad