2019 QMJHL Entry draft

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Any kids playing minor midget (espoir) getting drafted in the first 3 rounds?

I'd pick Yargeau in the top 3 rounds from Triolet. He's probably the only one though. I'd have maybe put Cardona in the discussion but he's up with Lac St-Louis now that Legault is officially done for the year and maybe beyond that.

Loved Biggar with the puck on his stick, very poised defender with solid puck moving abilities.

Campbell is a tenacious and annoying player to play against, was impressed by him.

Evan Nause looks like he has everything you want in a defenseman but his team wasn't good enough. I think he's a top 5 guy.

Cameron Whynot has very good tools, I think he's a first round lock but I personally didn't think he was top 5 good.

I also loved Kidney, the guy is a very nice playmaker.

Drew Elliott has speed and works very hard, he's another guy I'd consider with a late first or second round pick (like Kidney).

Overall I'd say the Trois-Rivieres guys improved their draft stock big time. Bolduc looks like a top 5 guy, Guevin has taken strides to get into the first round and Pellerin and Bedard were outstanding as well.

I absolutely loved Charles Boutin from SSF, always did but man did he breakout now that he finally has more ice-time. Looked like a solid first round talent to me.

Was a fun tournament, still think it would be nice to see more equal divisions. Magog, Trois-Rivieres and Gatineau in the same division is pretty tough.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Alexis Gendron Rseq 51 pts in 19 games
you can’t just post stats like that and imply they’ll get drafted..

I like him, I coached him but he’s playing Cadet D1 as a 3rd year bantam who played Minor and Major Bantam.... he’s also tiny and not so strong. Maybe inquire before posting stuff like this....

Players hardly get drafted out of Juvy let alone cadet... also, cadet isn’t a strong league, Gendron is going undrafted.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Went to see Team Quebec as they played against U17 players from the Quebec divison. Malatesta was back from his injury and looked nothing like at the start of the year. I'm thrilled to say that he's back to playing elite hockey. The Truchon - Diotte pair was really solid too. I think Hinds and Cliche are likely to be cut, leaving Richard and Guevin as a pair and Boutin and Luneau as the other pair.

Mianscum displayed much more than in my most recent viewings too, was happy to see that. On another note, Robert Orr has been very average in my last 5 viewings and I'm starting to wonder if he isn't more of a late 2nd-3rd round pick level player right now.

hockeyfan1978

Nov 5, 2018
In my opinion, after the camp and the 2 games, team Qc will look like:
Offense
J. Roy
D. Tinling
O. Nadeau
Z. Bolduc
J. Rodidas
J. Malatesta
Z. L'heureux
I. Mianscum
M. Pellerin
A. Cachero
N. Gaucher
T. Roy

Défense
O. Boutin
J. Guevin
G.Richard
M. Diotte
A. Cliche
T. Luneau

Goalies
W. Blackburn
W. Rousseau

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Went to see Team Quebec as they played against U17 players from the Quebec divison. Malatesta was back from his injury and looked nothing like at the start of the year. I'm thrilled to say that he's back to playing elite hockey. The Truchon - Diotte pair was really solid too. I think Hinds and Cliche are likely to be cut, leaving Richard and Guevin as a pair and Boutin and Luneau as the other pair.

Mianscum displayed much more than in my most recent viewings too, was happy to see that. On another note, Robert Orr has been very average in my last 5 viewings and I'm starting to wonder if he isn't more of a late 2nd-3rd round pick level player right now.
My one problem with Orr is that he seems to always leave something to be desired.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
In my opinion, after the camp and the 2 games, team Qc will look like:
Offense
J. Roy
D. Tinling
O. Nadeau
Z. Bolduc
J. Rodidas
J. Malatesta
Z. L'heureux
I. Mianscum
M. Pellerin
A. Cachero
N. Gaucher
T. Roy

Défense
O. Boutin
J. Guevin
G.Richard
M. Diotte
A. Cliche
T. Luneau

Goalies
W. Blackburn
W. Rousseau

I’d go with the same group except I’d switch out Cachero for Bedard who in my opinion can play on any line and provides much more on the ice with his incredible competitiveness.

I’d also much rather have Truchon than Cliche, but other than that I’d roll with the exact same thing.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Saw him 3 times in LHPS and saw him play with U16 once. I think he's a top 5 goalie in this draft, but it's a weak goalie group this season. Probably a round 4 type goalie if he wants to play in the Q.

hockeyfan1978

Nov 5, 2018
Saw him 3 times in LHPS and saw him play with U16 once. I think he's a top 5 goalie in this draft, but it's a weak goalie group this season. Probably a round 4 type goalie if he wants to play in the Q.
What is your top 5 goalie for this draft ?

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
I have Dorcal-Madore, Marchand and Rousseau to add to that list of goalies, have all 3 in my top 6-7 goalies. Also like Larochelle with Cyclones maybe the most athletic goalie of the draft but limited size.

Darveau was insane in Bantam but is inconsistent right now. Still love him. Cloutier is a goalie every one seems to rave about and every time I see him he gets destroyed and looks bad so I will not comment on him I know some love him. James has grown a lot, limited viewings though but believe he is a top 10 easily.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
I have Dorcal-Madore, Marchand and Rousseau to add to that list of goalies, have all 3 in my top 6-7 goalies. Also like Larochelle with Cyclones maybe the most athletic goalie of the draft but limited size.

Darveau was insane in Bantam but is inconsistent right now. Still love him. Cloutier is a goalie every one seems to rave about and every time I see him he gets destroyed and looks bad so I will not comment on him I know some love him. James has grown a lot, limited viewings though but believe he is a top 10 easily.
Darveau is just so small but he keeps it out. Madore is vert et Orr ? Or De Mortagne ?

SSF had a goalie last year, I think it’s Larochelle, unreal talent.

I find cloutier to be average haven’t see him dominate, a bigger James is an interesting option .

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Darveau is just so small but he keeps it out. Madore is vert et Orr ? Or De Mortagne ?

SSF had a goalie last year, I think it’s Larochelle, unreal talent.

I find cloutier to be average haven’t see him dominate, a bigger James is an interesting option .

Yeah Darveau has some pretty awful games this year though. Madore is Canimex, has been on a terrible team his whole life but he is solid. Larochelle it is from SSF the others were pretty average.

Still think next year will be much better for goalies. Filion is incredible.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Yeah Darveau has some pretty awful games this year though. Madore is Canimex, has been on a terrible team his whole life but he is solid. Larochelle it is from SSF the others were pretty average.

Still think next year will be much better for goalies. Filion is incredible.
Yea he has.

Don’t think I’ve seen Fillion. I did like D’Orazio and Gravel though..

rolliethegoalie

Aug 25, 2018
Yea he has.

Don’t think I’ve seen Fillion. I did like D’Orazio and Gravel though..
Please tell me where you have seen D'Orazio and Gravel unless you have a healthy travel budget. If you have seen them in game action by all means welcome your position but to potentially throw out names on the back of second and third hand information does not lead to good discussions.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Please tell me where you have seen D'Orazio and Gravel unless you have a healthy travel budget. If you have seen them in game action by all means welcome your position but to potentially throw out names on the back of second and third hand information does not lead to good discussions.
This merits me telling you than you don’t merit a response. Yet you still get one.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Such a shame for Charles-Alexis Legault. What an absolute stud he was in Bantam AAA. He had it all, hockey sense, size, pace, skating and offensive skills. I was really excited for his long term potential.

What's the nature of his injury?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad