2019 QMJHL Entry draft

IslandScouter

Nov 22, 2011
Prince Edward Island
How do PEI players stack up in this draft class? Looks like Jack Campbell as top islander at the moment, Connor Keough was another name last year. Believe he is at Notre Dame this year.

Really excited to see what Macdonald and Kidney can do in Major midget next year in NS

Duplessis solid prospect out of NB, seems like a weaker draft year out of that province imo

AlBundy

Jun 9, 2015
J. Goobie - goalie
C. Huckins - forward
P. Reynolds - forward
D. Elliot - forward
C. Whynot - Dman

are in my view the top 5 03's from the Atlantic provinces

AlBundy

Jun 9, 2015
Close game between U15 team Quebec bleu and blanc this morning in Boisbriand. Level was good although it wasn't as strong as in Drummondville last November.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Tinling still deserve to be 1st IMO. He's so strong on his feet and plays a very good 2-way game. He's an perfect all around player. Skills + Physical game + Defensive game.

Actually think the physical game and defensive game is where Tinling falls short when comparing him to the other top forwards like Roy and Malatesta who provide a much more well rounded game. To be honest Tinling might have the most potential purely based on his speed and skills but he keeps making selfish plays all over the ice and forces shots when he should just make plays for his linemates. I worry about his playmaking skills sometimes. Skillwise though he's special. Right now though I think Joshua Roy is the best. He dominated Sherbrooke with 14 goals, and had 14 or 15 points at St-Jean, and now has 7 points in 2 games at Granby, also worth noting that he lead his team to two tournament championships. Dude is money when it counts. Also the best player in regular season as well. Can't wait to see him in Midget AAA.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Actually think the physical game and defensive game is where Tinling falls short when comparing him to the other top forwards like Roy and Malatesta who provide a much more well rounded game. To be honest Tinling might have the most potential purely based on his speed and skills but he keeps making selfish plays all over the ice and forces shots when he should just make plays for his linemates. I worry about his playmaking skills sometimes. Skillwise though he's special. Right now though I think Joshua Roy is the best. He dominated Sherbrooke with 14 goals, and had 14 or 15 points at St-Jean, and now has 7 points in 2 games at Granby, also worth noting that he lead his team to two tournament championships. Dude is money when it counts. Also the best player in regular season as well. Can't wait to see him in Midget AAA.

Tinling is also in a special situation there but he’s not close to 1, but with the puck he could be 1.

AlBundy

Jun 9, 2015
Offensively there are a lot of very talented players in this crop and Tinling is definitely one of the best of that group. It’s much easier to teach a kid to play 200 feet than it is to teach a kid to score goals…

These are my top forwards at this point:

Josh Roy
James Malatesta
Dovar Tinling
Israel Mianscum
Nathan Gaucher
Zachary L’Heureux
Robert Orr
Justin Robidas
Tristan Roy
Alexis Cachero
Olivier Nadeau
Hugo Audette
Julien Hebert
Jonathan Delorme
Charles Boutin
Massimo Gentile
Dylan Champagne
Charles Savoie
Samuel Champagne
Mathis Cloutier

As much as we could debate on who else deserves to be on the list for the top 20 forwards, the debate on Defence turns to who doesn’t belong. These are the ones I like:

Charles-Alexis Legault
Thomas Lachapelle
Charles-Emile Duciaume
Nicolas Pavan
Marc-Antoine Pouliot
Edouard Carrier
Olivier Archambault
Charles-Antoine Pilotte
Guillaume Nadeau
Vincent Trudel
Jeremy Cadieux
Olivier Boutin
Felix Paquet
Emile Chouinard

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Offensively there are a lot of very talented players in this crop and Tinling is definitely one of the best of that group. It’s much easier to teach a kid to play 200 feet than it is to teach a kid to score goals…

These are my top forwards at this point:

Josh Roy
James Malatesta
Dovar Tinling
Israel Mianscum
Nathan Gaucher
Zachary L’Heureux
Robert Orr
Justin Robidas
Tristan Roy
Alexis Cachero
Olivier Nadeau
Hugo Audette
Julien Hebert
Jonathan Delorme
Charles Boutin
Massimo Gentile
Dylan Champagne
Charles Savoie
Samuel Champagne
Mathis Cloutier

As much as we could debate on who else deserves to be on the list for the top 20 forwards, the debate on Defence turns to who doesn’t belong. These are the ones I like:

Charles-Alexis Legault
Thomas Lachapelle
Charles-Emile Duciaume
Nicolas Pavan
Marc-Antoine Pouliot
Edouard Carrier
Olivier Archambault
Charles-Antoine Pilotte
Guillaume Nadeau
Vincent Trudel
Jeremy Cadieux
Olivier Boutin
Felix Paquet
Emile Chouinard

I can get behind this except for the part on Cloutier.

I’d include Leithman and Ricci on D.

Tinling isn’t producing against big teams, hasn’t done much against the north and while he had moments, he didn’t make a difference. It’s not the teaching a 200 feet game, it’s the compete level that’s he doesn’t seem to have.

Cloutier isn’t that good, he’s slow, I’ll be surprised if he produces in Midget AAA like he hasn’t this year, I’m not a fan at all.

LOVETHISGAME

Mar 12, 2018
I can get behind this except for the part on Cloutier.

I’d include Leithman and Ricci on D.

Tinling isn’t producing against big teams, hasn’t done much against the north and while he had moments, he didn’t make a difference. It’s not the teaching a 200 feet game, it’s the compete level that’s he doesn’t seem to have.

Cloutier isn’t that good, he’s slow, I’ll be surprised if he produces in Midget AAA like he hasn’t this year, I’m not a fan at all.

Ricci is a kid under the radar , kid as vision, smart and good mobile D, can Rush the puck, and make things happen up front, he should be Top 10 on the D side for 2003s

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
J. Goobie - goalie
C. Huckins - forward
P. Reynolds - forward
D. Elliot - forward
C. Whynot - Dman

are in my view the top 5 03's from the Atlantic provinces
I think you are forgetting Cameron MacDonald, Jacob Melanson and Cole Foston....Personoally I would put MacDonald and Melanson ahead of Huckins and Elliot

Reactions: LuG61

AlBundy

Jun 9, 2015
Scoutman, we will have to agree to disagree !
I love Melanson's grit but Huckins and Reynolds have way more skills and are, in my view, better all around players.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
Scoutman, we will have to agree to disagree !
I love Melanson's grit but Huckins and Reynolds have way more skills and are, in my view, better all around players.

So you talk about having more skill and yet don’t include Cam MacDonald who set records in Major Bantam

LOVETHISGAME

Mar 12, 2018
I think you are forgetting Cameron MacDonald, Jacob Melanson and Cole Foston....Personoally I would put MacDonald and Melanson ahead of Huckins and Elliot
How does the game of Hockey stack up in the Martimes vs the Hockey in Quebec?

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
So you talk about having more skill and yet don’t include Cam MacDonald who set records in Major Bantam
I do not understand how Cameron MacDonald is not on his list...Huckins IMO is very skilled player, but I have to go with Melanson over him, Melanson tough, strong, excellent IQ, great finisher and excellent hand eye.

Reactions: LuG61

sharknado

Aug 22, 2014
I do not understand how Cameron MacDonald is not on his list...Huckins IMO is very skilled player, but I have to go with Melanson over him, Melanson tough, strong, excellent IQ, great finisher and excellent hand eye.

He will regress big time if he stays at Stanstead another year. Their hockey is good for just one year but no more. Same 2 drills for the entire year every year. Can't develop at all with that which is why most kids leave asap.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Who do you guys got for goaltenders? Don’t really scout these kind of players but I have a local Major Bantam team (Landworks Gulls Halifax) with some good guys coming up. Goaltender Jacob Goobie got a 1.19 GAA last season and will be playing for the Halifax Macs of the NSMML he played for Team Nova Scotia. A star player for the team named Cameron McDonald put up 54 goals, 33 assists, for 87 points in 33 games! And got 6 goals, assists for 12 points in 5 games with Team Nova Scotia U15! He almost broke the Major Bantam leagues record for most points in both seasons at the Major Bantam Level (2 seasons) both guys are gonna be some players but yet again I’m not a scout so I have no clue about anything about the 2019 Q draft and how good some players are. Just wanted to name 2 local boys!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->