Prospect Info: 2019 Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scygen

Jun 12, 2014
Calgary
Jet Woo is scoring at the same rate as Adam Boqvist, an offensive Dman who was taken in the top 10 in the same draft and who is being highly praised right now, in the same OHL league. That and Jet Woo brings intangibles to the table that Boqvist doesnt. Time will tell but I think he's tracking to be another homerun pick.

Right because we haven't heard that before.. Lind soooo much better then Glass..

How about we let these prospects develop before hyping them up so much.. On that note.. Where are all these previous home run picks? I'm confused... Because the Canucks certainly don't have any in the their system..

Reactions: PG Canuck

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Right because we haven't heard that before.. Lind soooo much better then Glass..

How about we let these prospects develop before hyping them up so much.. On that note.. Where are all these previous home run picks? I'm confused... Because the Canucks certainly don't have any in the their system..

Demko Tryamkin Boeser Gaudette Pettersson Madden Hughes Woo but who’s counting?

Feb 19, 2018
We have become a top 5 drafting team over the last 4 years and look to be trending only upwards with the tragectory of our last Draft.

Hughes/Woo/Madden are all progressing at an insane rate especially the last two with the numbers they put up during their draft year.

Clearly we have a talent for projections on our scouting team and are hitting homeruns left, right and Center.

Pettersson was not the clear choice and was projected to go after we picked. Very impressive!

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
We have become a top 5 drafting team over the last 4 years and look to be trending only upwards with the tragectory of our last Draft.

Hughes/Woo/Madden are all progressing at an insane rate especially the last two with the numbers they put up during their draft year.

Clearly we have a talent for projections on our scouting team and are hitting homeruns left, right and Center.

Pettersson was not the clear choice and was projected to go after we picked. Very impressive!

I seem to recall everyone announcing home run picks after the D+1 season for Lind and Gadjovich. I wouldn't count our eggs yet for the '18 picks.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

Homeruns? Homeruns?????

Throwback to when Gadjovich and Lind were homeruns. Fun days those were.

Reactions: Canadian Club

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
JD Burke taking a run at the Utica comets and their development and Culls deployment today. Basically calling it out as a failure that has produced in his words only Nikolay Goldobin and is making a mockery of Jasek Lind and Gadjovich's ice time and deployment

i dont get the Athletic but i heard his interview and i'm struggling to wrap my head around what the hell he is talking about? I can see some of Culls decisions to doll out ice although it does seem like a meritocracy for the most part and i would rather see our prospects earn their ice than not. For sure they should go elsewhere though if they arent good enough to play but if they are on a program to practice and play a little while getting gym time to get stronger i would prefer that then playing in a junk league?

Baertschi Markstrom Biega Virtanen Goldobin Demko.... all came through Utica

Gaudette Gaunce Brisebois MacEwen Dahlen Lind Sautner Chatfield ...developing

Stecher Motte Hutton.....were slated for Utica but made the Canucks

Thoughts?

Ryan Miller*

Jan 13, 2017
My thoughts are that anything written about the Comets outside of BadGoalie, UticaHockey, and orcatown is just noise. Just "call up Jordan Subban!" level takes.

Reactions: Billy Kvcmu

Shattered Dreams

Sep 30, 2017
JD Burke taking a run at the Utica comets and their development and Culls deployment today. Basically calling it out as a failure that has produced in his words only Nikolay Goldobin and is making a mockery of Jasek Lind and Gadjovich's ice time and deployment

i dont get the Athletic but i heard his interview and i'm struggling to wrap my head around what the hell he is talking about? I can see some of Culls decisions to doll out ice although it does seem like a meritocracy for the most part and i would rather see our prospects earn their ice than not. For sure they should go elsewhere though if they arent good enough to play but if they are on a program to practice and play a little while getting gym time to get stronger i would prefer that then playing in a junk league?

Thoughts?
I think Utica is doing the best they can to balance developing with winning. From my outside perspective, the team had too many prospects on the wing and too few centers to play. At one point, they had what, 12 wingers? Only 8 can play and given how poorly some had shown early (Lind, Gadjovich, Palmu), they weren't really earning much of anything.

I can see why people would be frustrated with Jasek's deployment since he was keeping pace with Dahlen for a while, so that makes sense. I just think it's annoying to whine about prospects not getting ice time when they weren't very good to begin with.

Granted, Lind is improving. But even guys like Dahlen are inconsistent and honestly, I don't see many prospects on that team that can step into the Canucks lineup next season.

Palmu is playing fine in Europe now, but maybe that shows the gap between Liiga and the AHL. Or maybe his rookie of the year season was overblown since he was 20 and other rookies in that league were 17 and 18. Aleksi Heponiemi is destroying that league to a better extent and he's lighter than Palmu.

I honestly think that people acting like this is the Chicago Wolves all over again are blowing things out of proportion. Maybe we have to accept that this a consequence of banking on all of our prospects making the jump to pro without issue. But what choice do we have when we don't pick as often as we should? Maybe we just need to be more realistic about prospects and not make projections until we see how they handle playing in better leagues.

Last edited:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

Thoughts?

Games with Utica:
Baertschi - 15
Markstrom - 34
Virtanen - 67 (and it didn't seem to do anything)
Goldobin - 33 (already shown to be too good for the AHL before Utica)

There is a difference between a player developing in Utica, and just playing in Utica. The above are not attributed to Green's developmental expertise.

Demko, sure. All the other players mentioned, sure but it's not looking good for a lot them at this moment.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Games with Utica:
Baertschi - 15
Markstrom - 34

There is a difference between a player developing in Utica, and just playing in Utica. The above are not attributed to Green's developmental expertise.

Demko, sure. All the other players mentioned, sure but it's not looking good for a lot them at this moment.
so you dont think they're doing a good job then?

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
My thoughts are that anything written about the Comets outside of BadGoalie, UticaHockey, and orcatown is just noise. Just "call up Jordan Subban!" level takes.
Agree, all these Comets talks from the Vancouver main stream media are nothing but BS to me
I bet many of them can’t even located Utica right away when given a New York State map

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Games with Utica:
Baertschi - 15
Markstrom - 34

I love that Demko is basically considered Hasek after two nhl games.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Demko Tryamkin Boeser Gaudette Pettersson Madden Hughes Woo but who’s counting?

According to you, the Gaudette pick doesn't count since the fifth round pick used to draft him was acquired by the Vancouver Canucks from another team. Exact same idiot logic applied to the McCann pick.

So of your list of home run picks, one is only a full time NHL player. LOL.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Thoughts?

Lind and Gadjovich have received opportunities and icetime in Utica over and above their actual level of performance, not the opposite.

Jasek is just not a legit prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->