Prospect Info: 2019 Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Jet Woo is scoring at the same rate as Adam Boqvist, an offensive Dman who was taken in the top 10 in the same draft and who is being highly praised right now, in the same OHL league. That and Jet Woo brings intangibles to the table that Boqvist doesnt. Time will tell but I think he's tracking to be another homerun pick.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Jet Woo is scoring at the same rate as Adam Boqvist, an offensive Dman who was taken in the top 10 in the same draft and who is being highly praised right now, in the same OHL league. That and Jet Woo brings intangibles to the table that Boqvist doesnt. Time will tell but I think he's tracking to be another homerun pick.
WoooOOOOooOOOOoo!!!! :yo:

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012

Did your daily memo that you receive from Canucks management accidentally state that Woo and Boqvist played in the same league? How embarrassing.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
So hard to judge drafts right after they happen, but sometimes guys who go on to play in the league for 10 years emerge from unlikely draft positions.

Who thought Boeser would go on to become the scorer he's become after sliding to 23rd in the first round of the 2015 draft?. You just never know. Quinn Hughes, Jett Woo and Tyler Madden at 1-2-3 might make 2018 one of the most productive drafts in team history.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
So hard to judge drafts right after they happen, but sometimes guys who go on to play in the league for 10 years emerge from unlikely draft positions.

Who thought Boeser would go on to become the scorer he's become after sliding to 23rd in the first round of the 2015 draft?. You just never know. Quinn Hughes, Jett Woo and Tyler Madden at 1-2-3 might make 2018 one of the most productive drafts in team history.

Boeser made it pretty obvious that he was in excellent prospect in his +1.

shottasasa

Nov 16, 2011
Canada
Boeser made it pretty obvious that he was in excellent prospect in his +1.
I think his point was no one knew at the draft, hence Boeser slid to 23. He made that puck look good in his draft +1, as have Hughes, Woo and Madden. If they all hit the upper end of their updated projections, it will certainly mitigate the possibility of not having another top 6 pick this year.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
I think his point was no one knew at the draft, hence Boeser slid to 23. He made that puck look good in his draft +1, as have Hughes, Woo and Madden. If they all hit the upper end of their updated projections, it will certainly mitigate the possibility of not having another top 6 pick this year.

amusing misspelling ... for hockey players puck instead of pick is pretty good ....

and everyone likes shiny new toys, but Hughes Woo and Madden are tracking better than expected.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Definitely skating better and seems to be adjusting to the pace and physicality of the AHL, even the if the offense is largely non-existent at this point. Of course neither he, Gadjovich or even Dahlen don't look remotely ready to challenge for a roster spot in VanCity. So that alone, makes it a somewhat disappointing year.

I think Dahlen will be ready next year forsure especially if you put him and Pettersson back on a line together and they show there dominance they had together in Sweden along with Boeser. Dahlen will most likely finish the season with 40-50 points .

Jake Debrusk only had 43 points in his one and only season in the AHL and he turned out pretty good , but Since Dahlen knows Pettersson and knows him well I strongly believe that he will be just fine.

I think Dahlen is going too have a great second half .

In Regards too Lind and Gadjovich, I don’t know if Gadjovich makes the show unless he can show dramatic improvement or he is just having a difficult time adjusting too the pro game, next year will be crucial for him and the rest of this season

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver

Jet Woo is scoring below Bodie Wilde who was selected a few picks after him and is now tearing up the OHL... 51 points in 44 games for Saginaw vs 47 in 45 for Woo.

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
Jet Woo is scoring below Bodie Wilde who was selected a few picks after him and is now tearing up the OHL... 51 points in 44 games for Saginaw vs 47 in 45 for Woo.
Is Wilde getting PP1 time? Woo is stuck on the 2nd power play unit, and only time he got to quarterback PP1 was when Brook was at the wjc.

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
Is Wilde getting PP1 time? Woo is stuck on the 2nd power play unit, and only time he got to quarterback PP1 was when Brook was at the wjc.

I think this is false. A lot of Woo's points have been on the powerplay lately and Brook usually has the other assist or goal

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
I think this is false. A lot of Woo's points have been on the powerplay lately and Brook usually has the other assist or goal
Woo has 47 points in 45 games, 25 PP points
Brook has 50 points in 40 games, 23 PP points

Wilde has 51 points in 44 games, 23 PP points

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

Agreed. I don’t know exactly how long this has been going on but at least during Woo’s recent streak he’s been producing a lot on the power play and Brook is usually also in on it. Now, Woo gets full credit for his production, and most top defensemen play on the first PP unit, but I agree that it would be wrong to think that Woo is producing these numbers with secondary opportunities.

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
Interesting. I swear I heard chatters that Woo is normally on the 2nd power play unit. Did he get promoted recently or have he always been on the 1st unit since the beginning of the season?

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Interesting. I swear I heard chatters that Woo is normally on the 2nd power play unit. Did he get promoted recently or have he always been on the 1st unit since the beginning of the season?

I can’t say for sure but I think since at least the world juniors. I check the box scores almost every night and I definitely started to notice that Woo was picking up a lot of PP points that Brooks was in as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad