2019 Post Lottery Mock

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
No one associated with the Devils ever said that Patrick would be a better fit at number #1.
I'm saying that he was the consensus for a long time, I never said that anyone associated with the Devils stated that Patrick would be a better fit.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
In terms of talent he's top 5, but there's just too many question marks in my opinion, I could be wrong though, but that's just my two cents

I fully get it and you are right. there are issues there. But if he starts to fall and get to 6-7-8 a gm will take him and count his lucky stars to get a top 5 talent at 7-8

that being said, I love the Heinola pick for my Habs (even though I think they trade the pick)

Reactions: Sam Steel

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
I fully get it and you are right. there are issues there. But if he starts to fall and get to 6-7-8 a gm will take him and count his lucky stars to get a top 5 talent at 7-8

that being said, I love the Heinola pick for my Habs (even though I think they trade the pick)
The issue with the teams at 7/8. Sabres rarely draft Russians, in fact rarely draft Canadians the last few years. Oilers I can see going with a safer pick like Dach or Krebs after a few disasters. If the Kings him he could fall hard.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
The Devils are taking Hughes unless video emerges of him smoking crack. Beyond the fact that Shero has more or less said that's what the Devils are doing, his skating fits exactly what the team is trying to build.

Give and Go

1. New Jersey Devils: Kaapo Kakko

After seeing them take Hischier over Patrick, I see them taking a flyer on Kakko from Finland over the consensus Hughes.

2. New York Rangers: Jack Hughes

New York has Hughes falling right into their laps at #2.

3. Chicago Black Hawks: Bowen Byram

Chicago gets the best defenseman in the draft and gets the perfect partner for Boqvist for years to come.

4. Colorado Avalanche: Dylan Cozens

Colorado gets the perfect player to play behind Mackinnon. He plays a fast, up tempo game while still maintaining a solid two way game that will translate well to the next level

5. Los Angeles Kings: Trevor Zegras

Kings take a fast, highly skilled center/winger that will fit well with their core and the direction they are going in.

6. Detroit Red Wings: Victor Söderström

Wings take a Swedish RHD that can cement himself as a strong #1 or 2 defenseman if he hits his ceiling.

7. Buffalo Sabres: Alex Turcotte

Sabres Select Turcotte, who will be a terrific #2 center behind Eichel. He plays a strong two way game and will be very reliable to the Sabres for many years to come.

8. Edmonton Oilers: Kirby Dach

Edmonton takes the hometown kid who will be a perfect #2 behind McDavid. They are familiar with the dub as they took Yamamoto a few years back.

9. Anaheim Ducks: Peyton Krebs

Ducks select a high tempo, skilled center and winger in Krebs. He will play very well with Jones and Steel for many years to come.

10. Vancouver Canucks: Alex Newhook

They are familiar with the BCHL, as they are next door to the Nucks. He will be a terrific addition to an already future solid top 6.

11. Philadelphia Flyers: Vasili Podkolzin

Philly takes a Russian, as they have in the past, (Rubstov). The only reason Vasili falls is because of him not coming over until 2 years, which is non issue for the Flyers as they already have a plethora of prospects coming up, so taking a flyer from one and waiting a little bit shouldn’t be a huge issue.

12. Minnesota Wild: Bobby Brink

Minny takes the hometown kid who is putting up impressive numbers in the USHL. He will fit well with their current group of prospects.

13. Florida Panthers: Matthew Boldy

Florida takes the free falling Boldy, Boldy falling will make many teams look dumb down the road looking back in redrafts.

14. Arizona Coyotes: Cole Caulfield

Arizona takes a pure sniper to compliment their centers coming up. Arizona drafter Hayton and he plays for Soo in the OHL, who holds Caufield’s rights. Maybe Cole leaves, and plays with Hayton in his D+1. Arizona will look back at the DeBrincat pick as an indicator that selecting smaller scoring wingers can be rewarding.

15. Montreal Canadiens: Ville Heinola

My favorite pick of the mock. Is a rising Finn like Kotka and Heiskenen in their draft years, although Heinola won’t go third, although he will in redrafts in the upcoming years. He is a terrific LHD Finn that fits perfectly for the habs. I could also see Montreal going with York or Harley at this spot.

I dont think Hughes drops from #1. They're fairly close but Hughes definitely has an edge. Agree with Byram being in the mix of top 5 but not sure Chicago will take him there. Cole Caufield dropping past the top 10 would shock me. Especially how hes been playing in U18. And I think Podkolzin will be going in the top 8 mix somewhere. Nice read! Thanks for sharing

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
Idk if the Panthers should take another forward with their 1st although if it’s Matthew Boldy that wouldn’t be too bad, but they should probably reach with like a Spencer Knight or even take Heinola, Harley, or Robertson with that pick. I mean they have Tippett, Denisenko, and Noel on the way for their future forwards meanwhile their best defensive prospect is Max Gildon, and goaltender wise I don’t consider Montembeault a Top Prospect goaltender. Other than that I don’t have any complaints good list :thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->