NBA 2019 Playoffs

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Honestly tho what a f****** win. Absolutely monumental win for the team and city. Kawhi is the best player in the world right now and god I hope he sticks around as him playing for Toronto would be great for the nba.

As for the finals, the Warriors should be heavy favs but let’s not forget the time the Spurs dominated GSW in game 1 of the WCF before bum-ass Zara took out Kawhi.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
giphy.gif

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Dispatch Lowry and whoever else while giving him Kawhi. Plus take LeBron out of the East and they could easily be in the same spot.

I think the difference is that Kawhi could have beat Lebron anyways.

I mean there is no chance a Derozan-led Raps team gets past Philly or Milwaukee this year.

Heck Orlando would have likely took them to 7 games.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I know he's a Spurs fan. I just find his saltiness toward Kawhi amusing.

It's not like he doesn't deserve some blame. His teammates begged him to come back and he flat out quit on them.

San Antonio was a first class organization that had won multiple championships without him. Something horribly went wrong and the Spurs organization deserve some blame as well.

After all, this is a superstar league.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I think the difference is that Kawhi could have beat Lebron anyways.

I mean there is no chance a Derozan-led Raps team gets past Philly or Milwaukee this year.

Heck Orlando would have likely took them to 7 games.

Don't know...If not for a last second shot in game 7, Toronto might not have even reached the ECF.

That's why they made the move for Leonard. Even if it's only all or nothing this year for Toronto, it was worth it. Columbus did the same in the NHL in hopes of just winning a playoff round.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
It's not like he doesn't deserve some blame. His teammates begged him to come back and he flat out quit on them.

San Antonio was a first class organization that had won multiple championships without him. Something horribly went wrong and the Spurs organization deserve some blame as well.

After all, this is a superstar league.

Lots of rumours out there about what happened but based on the fact that he didn't actually start the season 100% healthy, I'd lean towards the possibility that the Spurs simply put pressure on him to come back sooner than he felt he was ready to because they felt the pressure of continuing their playoff run that year.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Don't know...If not for a last second shot in game 7, Toronto might not have even reached the ECF.

That's why they made the move for Leonard. Even if it's only all or nothing this year for Toronto, it was worth it. Columbus did the same in the NHL in hopes of just winning a playoff round.

Yeah, but there is no universe where I can imagine DeRozan making that shot.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Kawhi having an all time great playoff run.

This years gotta be special for him. In 2013 & 2014, while he was good both years and elite in the 2014 finals, he wasn't the "leader" of the team. The Spurs were still lead by the original Big 3. This time he's the captain of the ship, no questions asked. This is his team.

Reactions: Avs_19

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
gotta feel a little for derozan

guy gives a decade to the raps and fell short time and time again then kawhi comes in and leads them to the finals in year #1

His fault for being a mediocre playoff performer relative to his regular season play. Mind you, Leonard is a superior player and always will be so that makes a big difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->