Red Sox/MLB 2019 Playoffs V - Lowell Spinners would lose Red Sox connection under radical MLB plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Too bad that 3 run strikeouts are so rare in the game today.

The Yanks would be much better if they happened more.

:sarcasm:

Reactions: CDJ

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'd love to see a Verlander vs. Scherzer matchup. But I'm thinking we're probably getting Scherzer-Cole game 1.

The pitching in this WS is going to be one of the best matchups of rotations in a long time.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
the Knuckleball era may be gone for good...... Steven Wright jettisoned in cost-saving move

I'm still mad at John Farrell for trying to use him as a pinch runner, which directly and unnecessarily caused the injury that ruined his career.

Remember when he was an all-star before that?

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I'm still mad at John Farrell for trying to use him as a pinch runner, which directly and unnecessarily caused the injury that ruined his career.

Remember when he was an all-star before that?
He had an insane first half of 2016, but it was also entirely unsustainable considering he was giving up like 1.6 unearned runs per start. Of course his ERA is going to be low in that case.

Wright is yet another flash in the pan knuckleballer who had a a nice stretch, then faded away into being a JAG, just like 95% of knucklers.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
F4JZCBEQGAI6RBODFFP3LB675M.JPG

Lowell Spinners would lose Red Sox connection under radical MLB plan - The Boston Globe

The nearly 25-year affiliation between the Lowell Spinners and the Red Sox would end under a radical reorganization proposal from Major League Baseball which leaked Friday, one that would shrink the number of affiliated minor league teams by 25 percent.

Short-season leagues, including the New York-Penn League in which Lowell plays, would be disbanded under the plan, which would eliminate 42 affiliated teams in total. Because MLB views Lowell and the Spinners’ home, Edward A. LeLacheur Park, as “good,” the franchise would continue to exist in the “Dream League,” an MLB concept in line with independent or college leagues.

Also dropping to the Dream League would be the two other New England teams in the NYPL: The Vermont Lake Monsters, affiliated with Oakland since 2011 and playing at 113-year-old Centennial Field in Burlington since the franchise formed in 1994, and the (Norwich) Connecticut Tigers.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

The nearly 25-year affiliation between the Lowell Spinners and the Red Sox would end under a radical reorganization proposal from Major League Baseball which leaked Friday, one that would shrink the number of affiliated minor league teams by 25 percent.

Short-season leagues, including the New York-Penn League in which Lowell plays, would be disbanded under the plan, which would eliminate 42 affiliated teams in total. Because MLB views Lowell and the Spinners’ home, Edward A. LeLacheur Park, as “good,” the franchise would continue to exist in the “Dream League,” an MLB concept in line with independent or college leagues.

Also dropping to the Dream League would be the two other New England teams in the NYPL: The Vermont Lake Monsters, affiliated with Oakland since 2011 and playing at 113-year-old Centennial Field in Burlington since the franchise formed in 1994, and the (Norwich) Connecticut Tigers.
That would be a major shame.

"Dream League"... who would care to go?

Reactions: Lo97 and sarge88

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018

From the sounds of it seems like Brooklyn would join the eastern league. I also wonder if Hartford would join triple A.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Was that before or after he smacked his woman around?

I believe he didn’t get physical with the woman, he was just loud and menacing to the point cops were called which also isn’t great (which is also why his suspension was relatively low compared with other DV suspensions)

Either way him needing TJ surgery of all things is wild. The 76 mph knuckler is apparently an arm shredder, go figure

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Yankees are going to the World Series. My dad would kill me but they are actually a pretty likeable team. Cole is due to implode. Sad to see baseball today and both teams in a game 6 don't even have a capable starter. I miss the old days. Would like to see Stros/Nats with the all world pitching matchups but I think the Yankees got this for some strange reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad