Red Sox/MLB 2019 Playoffs V - Lowell Spinners would lose Red Sox connection under radical MLB plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Gotta laugh thinking back on HF and twitter/radio how many people trashed Rafael Devers as a stiff early in the season.

He hit his first homer May 4 against White Sox just a day or so after his 9th inning error against same team preceded a two run homer to lose the game

As a Devers honk I was cringing at the beat down he was taking as a ‘clueless looking in over his head’ comments,

Boston Red Sox: Rafael Devers finally feels the power in 2019

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Gotta laugh thinking back on HF and twitter/radio how many people trashed Rafael Devers as a stiff early in the season.

He hit his first homer May 4 against White Sox just a day or so after his 9th inning error against same team preceded a two run homer to lose the game

As a Devers honk I was cringing at the beat down he was taking as a ‘clueless looking in over his head’ comments,

Boston Red Sox: Rafael Devers finally feels the power in 2019

Saw people on the twitters calling for Chavis to replace him at 3rd at the beginning of the season.

Was infuriating.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Saw people on the twitters calling for Chavis to replace him at 3rd at the beginning of the season.

Was infuriating.
Sadly I called all of this on HF BUT last year

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Devers was still hitting .300 that first month+ when he was getting skunked on the RBIs and other power numbers thats what make them so impressive he had none for 5-6 weeks. Couple errors and the wolves came out. Ridiculous. Shame the Angels woeful record won't cancel out Trouts HR totals and the voting likely isn't close for MVP. IF they reverse course on juicing the ball in the next few years Devers has a good shot at Triple Crown he'll be one of the only guys whos totals don't drop.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Nobody?

My daughter at 11 years old had major back surgery for scoliosis. They prescribed oxytocin and she tried it once and refused it going forward because she didn’t like the loss of control. She took the pain with Tylenol.

Bravest person I know.

Nobody is insulted from it but they can choose
I had much the same reaction when I had the 4 pins put in my shoulder/rotator cuff/bicep muscle reattached surgery all at same time. 2 days and I was done. Switched to the 600 mg motrins . I hated the complete fog I was in.

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
First of all it's a complete shot in the dark guess that Skaggs got hooked on those pills because of his baseball injuries. Second, they don't all affect people the same way. So there's a lot of assumptions in this thread.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I had much the same reaction when I had the 4 pins put in my shoulder/rotator cuff/bicep muscle reattached surgery all at same time. 2 days and I was done. Switched to the 600 mg motrins . I hated the complete fog I was in.

Lucky for you. Same thing happened to me. I couldn't handle the fog, but I could handle the pain.

Not everyone is so lucky. Some people not only need the medication, they unfortunately have a chemical reaction to it that leads to dependency. For some it's not a matter of weak wills, it's a matter of science.

And for those who are weak-willed, you'd certainly hope their punishment isn't death, and that they are afforded empathy by others during their struggle.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Lucky for you. Same thing happened to me. I couldn't handle the fog, but I could handle the pain.

Not everyone is so lucky. Some people not only need the medication, they unfortunately have a chemical reaction to it that leads to dependency. For some it's not a matter of weak wills, it's a matter of science.

And for those who are weak-willed, you'd certainly hope their punishment isn't death, and that they are afforded empathy by others during their struggle.
No “Luck” for her. She made a strong choice

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Last night we used like everyone out of the pen, Eovaldi went 4 innings, the game went to 15, and Brian Johnson is starting. All I know is I hope our offense comes through big today.

Wait, Josh Taylor is starting? What the H?

Last edited:
Reactions: N o o d l e s

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I understand that most of the pen is overworked from last night, but it's f***ing 135 games in and Cora keeps putting f***ing Ryan f***ing Brasier in high leverage situations to blow it.

This is a killer loss. 5.5 out going into September

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Braiser has been shit all year. How he was allowed to face Goodwin is beyond me.

Nice work tonight Ryan, .2 IP 5H 4ER.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World

Yes, agreed. I've always had a very high pain tolerance..sometimes to my detriment. I walked around with a dead appendix for 3 days thinking it was bad gas. Surgeon told me it was the most gangreous appendix he had ever seen in a live patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad