Red Sox/MLB 2019 Playoffs V - Lowell Spinners would lose Red Sox connection under radical MLB plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
What the f***

So 3 division titles in a row and a World Series and it just takes one year of some unpredictably underperforming/injured starting pitchers to finish in third and you f***ing fire the guy?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The Bruins at least had a rational explanation on the timing even if nobody bought it.

The craziest part is that both parties probably made/are making the right decision....I just don’t understand why both of them felt the need to hide it

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
The Bruins at least had a rational explanation on the timing even if nobody bought it.
Somebody had to be the fall guy. Winning title less than a year ago definitely doesnt get you much job security these days in baseball compared to other sports. Midnight firing and thats that

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
The Red Sox used to be a classy operation - Pulling a Midnight firing when all the sports media is in Foxborough is something George Steinerbrenner would do.....
Do you think this decision came from Gordon and Werner or Henry and Linda. John Henry has known Dave Dombrowski since his marlins days.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
It sucks the way they did it, but I've never particularly liked Dombrowski's approach, so I think it's the right decision to remove him at this point. He overpays in trades, his solution to most problems is thrown money at it, and he has a bad history of straight up ignoring the bullpen. He's good at doing whatever it takes to build a championship team, but you don't want him in charge long term.

Eddie Romero's been with the organization for a long time, and is highly regarded throughout the league. They need to do a rebuild/reload, and I think they're going to go back to more of a Theo Epstein-like approach. Biggest thing right now is finding a way to sign Betts, and then they need to figure out what to do about the pitching.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
They fired Claude during the Pats parade.

This move was predictable. Maybe now we can fix the farm system.
They had 2 pretty good drafts

Eddie Romero Jr is a draft development guy - scouting background; people skills

If it’s him I’m all in

Dombrowski did two significant moves

Kept Devers out of Sale deal

Signed Bogearts

My ‘Cabin in the Woods’ script

Name Romero who will sign Betts

Going to happen

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It sucks the way they did it, but I've never particularly liked Dombrowski's approach, so I think it's the right decision to remove him at this point. He overpays in trades, his solution to most problems is thrown money at it, and he has a bad history of straight up ignoring the bullpen. He's good at doing whatever it takes to build a championship team, but you don't want him in charge long term.

Eddie Romero's been with the organization for a long time, and is highly regarded throughout the league. They need to do a rebuild/reload, and I think they're going to go back to more of a Theo Epstein-like approach. Biggest thing right now is finding a way to sign Betts, and then they need to figure out what to do about the pitching.
This is exactly how I see it

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

BUT the Red Sox are sending hints Romero is not going to be the top dog

Assistant general managers Brian O’Halloran, Eddie Romero and Zack Scott will run the baseball operations department until a new general manager or president of baseball operations is named.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018

Betts seems like he does not want to be in Boston they could raid a farm system like the braves or Dodgers for pitchers if they trade him.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Betts seems like he does not want to be in Boston they could raid a farm system like the braves or Dodgers for pitchers if they trade him.
Bogearts also

Been reading for a year he wanted out and with Scott Boras his agent he’s gone

Seems isn’t reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->