Red Sox/MLB 2019 Playoffs V - Lowell Spinners would lose Red Sox connection under radical MLB plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
They literally don't have any other starters

Nonsense.

Its just refusing to use Cashner as a starter when hes hot as a reliever cause you automatically assume hes going to suck as a starter if you move him back. Thats stupid thinking now is the perfect time to make the chance his era is under 1 in his last 7 appearances.

Then maybe Porcellblow can get hot as a reliever to fill the spot.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I believe the root cause of the problems the 2019 Red Sox have can be traced back to March when they slept during spring training. I saw a game in late March when the Bruins were in Florida and I immediately could sense a laissez-faire attitude with the club.

Dana LeVangie will take the fall when this season ends and that is unfair as he was only following orders from baseball ops.

Dave Dombrowski will also walk the plank and the Sale extension will be cited as a reason but ownership signed off on that most likely because of the Lester fiasco.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
This god damn rotation man. By far the highest paid in baseball iirc. Perform on par with the orioles starters

That’ll hurt ya 10 times outta 10

Reactions: N o o d l e s

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Rain delay, which means we're not losing...I guess...

Four more pitchers got added to the roster: Brewer, Poyner, Kelley, and Shawaryn. I'm mostly happy for Bobby Poyner, he was really good as a lefty out of the pen at the start of last year, then for some reason just disappeared and was never seen again.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Drunk couple next to me was bitching about E-Rod all night....Boston fans sometimes man smdh

Awesome outing. Battled throughout.

Reactions: Alicat

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Brandon Workman is good.

Solid win, come back tomorrow and take the series. If Anaheim wins tonight we're back within 5 of Oakland.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Come on Anaheim you can't be throwing games on purpose too. Not feeling this 7th inning so far (on MLBtv) 3 runs in and bases juiced for Oakland with 1 out.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'm especially pessimistic, not because I don't believe the Sox can win the majority of their remaining games, but because I doubt anyone ahead of us will lose enough for it to matter.

Unless we sweep the Rays in our remaining head-to-head, I think we're boned.

Reactions: Scruffy

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The Angels walked four batters in a row, two with the bases loaded, and then after an RBI groundout, the game is tied. It was 6-1 at the start of the half-inning. And now they clear the bases with a triple and it's 8-6

I need to stop monitoring out-of-town scores because it's just going to make me mad at things outside of my control.

Reactions: Scruffy

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Mookie seems to be doing that thing where he’s starting to go nuclear

Kimbrel to the IL with elbow inflammation. Hope he’s ok. The 2019 team may have soured some on the 2018 team but not me, those guys are all fine by me and I wish each of them the best

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Great f***ing way to end the game. That's probably the final nail in the coffin.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
That's it, we're done.

Carlos Febles ought to be fired for that. Just...he was laboring slowly going to third base, he was never going to beat that throw.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
All credit to Raffy, whose hustle was the only reason we had a chance. That was just really dumb by Febles.

Not like we would've got another base hit afterwards anyway, this team can't do anything right.

Part of me hopes they just get swept this weekend so we can put this team to bed and not worry about out of town scores and keeping pace for another 4 weeks.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I just don’t understand how a guy like cashner loses the zone like this. Def wasn’t doing that before coming here

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
That probably does it.

As long as LAD or NYY don't win the whole thing, I don't have a horse in the race.
Honestly I find pretty much every team in the race distasteful.

Yankees, Rays, and Astros are hard nos for me. Minnesota and Oakland are teams I don't necessarily like but will root for against the other three. I'd root for Cleveland though.

In the NL, Dodgers, Cubs, Cards are hard nos. Braves are in the middle group, and I guess in the end the Nats are the only team I kind of like, assuming the Phils and Mets are out of it.

I feel like this is going to be a bad October for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad