Red Sox/MLB 2019 Playoffs V - Lowell Spinners would lose Red Sox connection under radical MLB plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Nope. The moves he made were so far off the charts absurd, that I'm firmly convinced no "baseball guy" would ever do them. That's all advanced stats. Leave your marginal pitcher in against the heart of the order despite him not throwing consecutive innings in months because the pitch count was low and he liked the spin instead of bringing in your stud closer? That screams nerd decision to me.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Nope. The moves he made were so far off the charts absurd, that I'm firmly convinced no "baseball guy" would ever do them. That's all advanced stats. Leave your marginal pitcher in against the heart of the order despite him not throwing consecutive innings in months because the pitch count was low and he liked the spin instead of bringing in your stud closer? That screams nerd decision to me.

Last playoffs he did see the marginal pitcher absolutely dominate his team and his stud closer get lit up. That could very well be a factor

Also jansen has had a tough year

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Last playoffs he did see the marginal pitcher absolutely dominate his team and his stud closer get lit up. That could very well be a factor

Also jansen has had a tough year
The Dodgers went against the blueprint that won them 106

Kershaw was a bad move beforehand - took him 26-28 innings first start

Walker Bueller set this up perfect

Jansen should have had 9th no matter what

Reactions: bbfan419 and LSCII

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
The Dodgers went against the blueprint that won them 106

Kershaw was a bad move beforehand - took him 26-28 innings first start

Walker Bueller set this up perfect

Jansen should have had 9th no matter what
Roberts got out managed against AJ Hinch in 2017 and Alex Cora in 2018, now add Dave Martinez to the list.
The Dodgers should hire Joe Girardi.
He knows how to use a bullpen.
I wonder if Roberts is good at chess??? LOL

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I think Roberts had a bad 2017 WS outside of perhaps letting Darvish implode again. His reliance on Ryan Madson last year cost them the first couple games of the WS.

But being totally honest, the 2017 Astros and 2018 Red Sox were really good. Sometimes you just lose to a better team or an evenly matched team. This year is the only time you can say the Dodgers underachieved.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I think Roberts had a bad 2017 WS outside of perhaps letting Darvish implode again. His reliance on Ryan Madson last year cost them the first couple games of the WS.

But being totally honest, the 2017 Astros and 2018 Red Sox were really good. Sometimes you just lose to a better team or an evenly matched team. This year is the only time you can say the Dodgers underachieved.
In 2017 Darvish was tipping his pitches in Game 7 and it was 5-0 before the plug was finally pulled.

It still boggles my mind no one on the Dodgers could figure out what was going on.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Hard to believe it has been 12 years since she left NESN
A641241D-0487-46FA-96E3-41274ACCE259.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad