Red Sox/MLB 2019 Playoffs V - Lowell Spinners would lose Red Sox connection under radical MLB plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
If I owned that team I’d want say on big deals

Then again baseball is my first sport

So you agree that Henry is involved, yet you perpetuate this fraud the owners of the Sox are putting out there that Dombrowski was fired over these signings? You know, since they approved them to start with? :laugh:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So you agree that Henry is involved, yet you perpetuate this fraud the owners of the Sox are putting out there that Dombrowski was fired over these signings? You know, since they approved them to start with? :laugh:
I started following them in 1967 as a youngun

They were good to great but never won

37 years nothing - thousands of games watched on TV or listened to radio

More baseball cards any kid probably ever owned

With Henry 4 in 15 years

I’m good

It will work out and they’ll have 5 in 20 somehow

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA

With Henry 4 in 15 years

I’m good

Is that a yes or a no to Lonnie's question?

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

With Henry 4 in 15 years

I’m good

That's a nice story but doesn't have richard to do with the Sox brass hanging DD out to dry and pretending they weren't involved in those pitchers' contracts. They were. They signed off on them, each and every one. :laugh:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The Cubs are in the same state right now as the Red Sox and DD was fired.

We want someone who put their team in the same spot?

Dan Duquette built the team that beat the curse BUT Theo rolled the dice when he traded Nomar which was a gutsy move and also picked up Dave Roberts.

John Henry/Tom Werner are not lovable BUT they have overseen the Sox winning the World Series FOUR TIMES since taking over in 2002.

Where ownership miscalculated was the pull of the announcers. Sean McDonough was replaced by Orsillo but Don and Jerry Remy hit it off with numerous giggle fests during games. Tom Werner didn't like that as he wanted NESN to be professional like ESPN.

What drives Red Sox ownership crazy is the Patriots now being the #1 franchise in New England and the Red Sox are a distant #2 today.

Reactions: rfournier103

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Dan Duquette built the team that beat the curse BUT Theo rolled the dice when he traded Nomar which was a gutsy move and also picked up Dave Roberts.

John Henry/Tom Werner are not lovable BUT they have overseen the Sox winning the World Series FOUR TIMES since taking over in 2002.

Where ownership miscalculated was the pull of the announcers. Sean McDonough was replaced by Orsillo but Don and Jerry Remy hit it off with numerous giggle fests during games. Tom Werner didn't like that as he wanted NESN to be professional like ESPN.

What drives Red Sox ownership crazy is the Patriots now being the #1 franchise in New England and the Red Sox are a distant #2 today.
I understand all of this but I don't see how it answers my question.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I understand all of this but I don't see how it answers my question.

The real question is what do Red Sox ownership want with the next GM?

What exactly did Ben Cherington do wrong? Signing Panda was a directive from Tom Werner - Hanley seemed to have matured but he cleaned up the 2012 mess and they won in 2013. He didn't want Valentine but was overruled. Losing Lester wasn't his fault either.

Dombrowski did deliver a series winner as well and while it is easy to blame him for the Sale extension, ownership had to agree.

Theo right now says he is staying with the Cubs but ownership in Chicago may decide to make a change.

:popcorn:

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
The real question is what do Red Sox ownership want with the next GM?

What exactly did Ben Cherington do wrong? Signing Panda was a directive from Tom Werner - Hanley seemed to have matured but he cleaned up the 2012 mess and they won in 2013. He didn't want Valentine but was overruled. Losing Lester wasn't his fault either.

Dombrowski did deliver a series winner as well and while it is easy to blame him for the Sale extension, ownership had to agree.

Theo right now says he is staying with the Cubs but ownership in Chicago may decide to make a change.

:popcorn:
And I understand this as well. Still didn't answer my first question. You just posed another one and answered that. :laugh:

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Well I will defer to CHB on your question

Why the Red Sox should still pursue Theo Epstein, and other thoughts - The Boston Globe

As we all know, Epstein wound up becoming a Hall of Fame executive with three World Series championships (two in Boston), breaking curses in two huge baseball markets. Kennedy, meanwhile, was made Red Sox club president in 2015 when Lucchino was nudged to the curb by Henry and Werner. Kennedy was elevated to CEO in 2017.

Even though Theo is killing buzz for a possible return to Boston, it makes a lot of sense. Deposed Red Sox president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski proved to be the only guy on the planet who could not get along with Kennedy. With Dombrowski and Lucchino out of the picture, it behooves Henry to ask the Cubs for permission to talk to Theo, who is under contract with Chicago through 2021.

Everyone will downplay the possibility, but it would be good for the Red Sox. We won’t stop speculating until the Sox name Dombrowski’s successor. Which needs to happen soon. And it’s past time for Sox ownership to come out of the bunker and discuss.

Reactions: rfournier103

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Well I will defer to CHB on your question

Why the Red Sox should still pursue Theo Epstein, and other thoughts - The Boston Globe

As we all know, Epstein wound up becoming a Hall of Fame executive with three World Series championships (two in Boston), breaking curses in two huge baseball markets. Kennedy, meanwhile, was made Red Sox club president in 2015 when Lucchino was nudged to the curb by Henry and Werner. Kennedy was elevated to CEO in 2017.

Even though Theo is killing buzz for a possible return to Boston, it makes a lot of sense. Deposed Red Sox president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski proved to be the only guy on the planet who could not get along with Kennedy. With Dombrowski and Lucchino out of the picture, it behooves Henry to ask the Cubs for permission to talk to Theo, who is under contract with Chicago through 2021.

Everyone will downplay the possibility, but it would be good for the Red Sox. We won’t stop speculating until the Sox name Dombrowski’s successor. Which needs to happen soon. And it’s past time for Sox ownership to come out of the bunker and discuss.
I didn't ask him. I couldn't careless about that troll's opinion. I asked you and others in general...oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad