Red Sox/MLB 2019 Playoffs V - Lowell Spinners would lose Red Sox connection under radical MLB plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
2 pitches - BLOWN SAVE

71142976_10218728598098786_2482084801771732992_n.jpg

Reactions: CDJ

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Yup, I can hear Mookie didn’t wanna be here until my ears bleed and I won’t believe it because of this ownership

Of course, and even if he doesn't want to be here, you have to ask why? People that work there know who and what the owners are about. They know their reputations and how they play the game. It permeates everything they do. The players are all well aware that they're going to get ripped on the way out if the front office decides it has to be that way. It's who they are as an organization.

I've never been a DD fan, but to fire him and not have the balls to do a presser? And then to leave it all at the feet of the manager to answer all those questions? It's just so f***ing gutless.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Of course, and even if he doesn't want to be here, you have to ask why? People that work there know who and what the owners are about. They know their reputations and how they play the game. It permeates everything they do. The players are all well aware that they're going to get ripped on the way out if the front office decides it has to be that way. It's who they are as an organization.

I've never been a DD fan, but to fire him and not have the balls to do a presser? And then to leave it all at the feet of the manager to answer all those questions? It's just so ****ing gutless.

I have a massive rant queued up for when they trade Mookie

Reactions: LSCII

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA

I've never been a DD fan, but to fire him and not have the balls to do a presser? And then to leave it all at the feet of the manager to answer all those questions? It's just so ****ing gutless.
John Henry is a wallflower wishing he could come close to the owner of Robert Kraft

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

They handled it poorly for sure

Their game plan was to fire him a few days after the season and have an organized press conference

DD caught them 100% of guard that day forcing their hand

THEY should have announced Press Conference at 3 the next day

Met as a group late morning to put together the spin and had Sam Kennedy do the heavy lifting flanked by the ownership adding their pre planned 2 cents

In situations like this -

You know it’s an hour of sucksge

BUT

You go in knowing it’s ONLY one hour and mentally keep saying ‘this to shall pass’

Seriously wtf

Anyways

With the Cubs possibly choking I would go get Theo and reunite him with childhood BFF Sam Kennedy to implement the childhood plan they had to run the Red Sox

The good news is Theo can’t sign Kimbrel again

Theo will be great with a booby trapped Cap structure

His strength is organizationally finding talent that can draft and develop

This is how I would proceed

I’d go after him and let him run the baseball side and Sam the business

This train wreck will pass

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Here’s the thing thats really dumb about this ownership group-

TACTICALLY THEY MADE THE RIGHT MOVE. It makes infinite sense why they got rid of Dombrowski at this stage of the roster build. And They don’t even have the spine to own that!

Cowards. All of em.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Wade Miley hasn’t made it past the 1st in 3 of his last 4 starts

ERA has gone from 3.06 to 3.91. That’s hard to do this late in the season

Reactions: N o o d l e s

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Wade Miley hasn’t made it past the 1st in 3 of his last 4 starts

ERA has gone from 3.06 to 3.91. That’s hard to do this late in the season
Is he still yelling at his manager every time he gets pulled?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Mookie Betts throw from the right field corner to nail Avi Garcia was Clementesque

Evans
Clemente
Dave Parker

When I heard Tony Mazz crap on him 2 months ago I realized we have one of the game’s all time greatest players

I liked Mazz but nobody is as wrong as this guy - he’s in a league of his own

If he’s just being a contrarian he should move to Vegas and go what he really thinks

He’s that bad - or that good

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
John Henry is a wallflower wishing he could come close to the owner of Robert Kraft

Well lets look at their other teams... how have FSG and Liverpool performed vs Kraft with the Revs?

Both have 3 titles since 04 one guy happens to have the best QB and coach the sport has ever seen.

I think Henry is getting rid of DD at the perfect time just like he did with Cherington.

All the Sox need is Price/Eovaldi/Sale to perform and the team will be very good. Mookie might be doing us a favor not wanting to resign 30+ mil contracts are hard to live up to.

I don't know I think the overreaction to this season is pathetic. Even if we were doing better we still miss the playoffs one of Cleveland/Tampa/Oakland is gonna miss it with a ton of wins after a great season.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Well lets look at their other teams... how have FSG and Liverpool performed vs Kraft with the Revs?

Both have 3 titles since 04 one guy happens to have the best QB and coach the sport has ever seen.

I think Henry is getting rid of DD at the perfect time just like he did with Cherington.

All the Sox need is Price/Eovaldi/Sale to perform and the team will be very good. Mookie might be doing us a favor not wanting to resign 30+ mil contracts are hard to live up to.

I don't know I think the overreaction to this season is pathetic. Even if we were doing better we still miss the playoffs one of Cleveland/Tampa/Oakland is gonna miss it with a ton of wins after a great season.

It is a gutless ownership. The handling of Francona on the way out, still waiting on that press conference on the Dombrowski firing, etc, etc.

Overreaction?
To a team that just won the World Series, did pretty much nothing in the off season and started the season having to listen to the GM and Manager telling us to not worry they just won the World Series last year so they know what they are doing. Then proceed to play like garbage and miss the playoffs.
Overreaction....please.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Mookie Betts throw from the right field corner to nail Avi Garcia was Clementesque

Evans
Clemente
Dave Parker

When I heard Tony Mazz crap on him 2 months ago I realized we have one of the game’s all time greatest players

I liked Mazz but nobody is as wrong as this guy - he’s in a league of his own

If he’s just being a contrarian he should move to Vegas and go what he really thinks

He’s that bad - or that good

His hatred of Betts comes from a few years ago when Betts was trying to pull everything instead of taking outside pitches the other way. He adjusted and ended up winning the MVP the following year. That little issue and then obviously fans loving the guy goes right up Tony Mazz's ass. His contempt for the fans is the other big reason he hates Betts. He pretends to be joking when he does his little impression of a typical mass based fan, but it's based in his extreme dislike of those fans.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Now reports are that Jed Hoyer is a leading candidate for the GM role, but ownership is also trying to increase its power in baseball operations too. The latter sounds like a very bad idea to me.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
His hatred of Betts comes from a few years ago when Betts was trying to pull everything instead of taking outside pitches the other way. He adjusted and ended up winning the MVP the following year. That little issue and then obviously fans loving the guy goes right up Tony Mazz's ass. His contempt for the fans is the other big reason he hates Betts. He pretends to be joking when he does his little impression of a typical mass based fan, but it's based in his extreme dislike of those fans.
And we all know Mazz's take towards the NHL and its fans before he joined the Sports Hub.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Now reports are that Jed Hoyer is a leading candidate for the GM role, but ownership is also trying to increase its power in baseball operations too. The latter sounds like a very bad idea to me.

The last thing we need is Werner involved in more signings. Wasn't him forcing Pablo Sandoval on the baseball opps people enough? I mean shit, they're still actually paying that fat slob and he hasn't been here for years.

Reactions: BMC

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The last thing we need is Werner involved in more signings. Wasn't him forcing Pablo Sandoval on the baseball opps people enough? I mean ****, they're still actually paying that fat slob and he hasn't been here for years.
I’m guessing it’s not that

More like signing pitchers to big money deals

Sale
Price
Eovoldi

77 M next yr got DD fired

The Ssle deal is incomprehensible all things considered

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I’m guessing it’s not that

More like signing pitchers to big money deals

Sale
Price
Eovoldi

77 M next yr got DD fired

The Ssle deal is incomprehensible all things considered

DD getting fired over big money deals to pitchers is hilarious. It suggests that Werner or Henry didn't have to sign off on any of it, when everyone knows they do. I agree that the timing of the Sale deal was puzzling, but there is a zero percent chance DD ran off willy nilly and signed him to that deal without getting ownership to authorize it. They can hang it on him now after the fact, but Henry and company absolutely agreed and allowed DD to do it.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
DD getting fired over big money deals to pitchers is hilarious. It suggests that Werner or Henry didn't have to sign off on any of it, when everyone knows they do. I agree that the timing of the Sale deal was puzzling, but there is a zero percent chance DD ran off willy nilly and signed him to that deal without getting ownership to authorize it. They can hang it on him now after the fact, but Henry and company absolutely agreed and allowed DD to do it.
If I owned that team I’d want say on big deals

Then again baseball is my first sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->