Red Sox/MLB 2019 Playoffs V - Lowell Spinners would lose Red Sox connection under radical MLB plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2019-8-29_15-47-24.png

PepperyHeavyAstrangiacoral-size_restricted.gif

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
We lost ground to both Oakland and Tampa today. Astros blew it to the Rays, with some help from the umps. Reddick got called out on a 3-2 pitch way below his knees and would've been the tying run in the 9th.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Autopsy on Tyler Skaggs came out. Dude was on Fentanyl and Oxy while drinking and choked on his own vomit.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Autopsy on Tyler Skaggs came out. Dude was on Fentanyl and Oxy while drinking and choked on his own vomit.

He had some major surgeries, wouldn’t shock me if he developed a pain killer problem from one of those.

Another person taken too soon by Fentanyl. Another high profile person too. This is an epidemic that impacts everybody unfortunately. Nobody is insulated from it.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
He had some major surgeries, wouldn’t shock me if he developed a pain killer problem from one of those.

Another person taken too soon by Fentanyl. Another high profile person too. This is an epidemic that impacts everybody unfortunately. Nobody is insulated from it.
Nobody?

My daughter at 11 years old had major back surgery for scoliosis. They prescribed oxytocin and she tried it once and refused it going forward because she didn’t like the loss of control. She took the pain with Tylenol.

Bravest person I know.

Nobody is insulted from it but they can choose

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Scary stuff.

I don't think the fact that its impossible to get pills these days pushing people to fentynal helps things. Unless you have a terminally ill 90+ year old grandmother who doesn't take her medication living with you its pretty hard to support an opiate habit without turning to powders. Sort of a fan of just letting people do what they want. Let anyone who wants get whatever they want from the backroom at CVS no prescription required and maybe we can have a little accountability if someone wants to OD themselves at least it won't randomly happen just from a bad batch.

Sox just need to pick up a couple games this week and go 3-1 vs NYY and they'll be in decent shape for the Tampa series.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Scary stuff.

I don't think the fact that its impossible to get pills these days pushing people to fentynal helps things. Unless you have a terminally ill 90+ year old grandmother who doesn't take her medication living with you its pretty hard to support an opiate habit without turning to powders. Sort of a fan of just letting people do what they want. Let anyone who wants get whatever they want from the backroom at CVS no prescription required and maybe we can have a little accountability if someone wants to OD themselves at least it won't randomly happen just from a bad batch.

Sox just need to pick up a couple games this week and go 3-1 vs NYY and they'll be in decent shape for the Tampa series.

What’s scary is that you somehow think that is a good idea.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

My father will not take any prescription drugs for anything. Had surgery on his leg muscles a couple years back and was in a lot of pain. Had me drive him to CVS to grab Tylenol.

I do agree that no social class is insulated, but yes you are right, you can choose. The biggest thing we need to do IMO is have heavy regulation on the distribution of these drugs and have more education on the true dangers. If people are more educated in the first place, I certainly think they’ll think twice before “wanting” these things in the first place. Not all people, but some people.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I get its a hot take I don't think we'd be a nation of zombies and I think there would be more accountability/responsibility. But we don't have those values its always everyone elses fault drug companies etc never the junkies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It’s a lot more complicated than that at the end of the day.

On an unrelated note the Sox worked out Jhoulys Chacin according to Mike Silverman

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
You've gotta be f***ing kidding me

Why is f***ing JD Martinez even playing right field in a close game in the 9th

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
14th inning, runner at second, and Jackie gets himself picked off by dancing around at the bag...

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Oh-for-8-tani

I hope pulling out that win gives them a spark and gives them momentum to ride. That would;ve been a season-ending loss, and to their credit, they survived it. Keep it up.

Reactions: Fenway

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
My father will not take any prescription drugs for anything. Had surgery on his leg muscles a couple years back and was in a lot of pain. Had me drive him to CVS to grab Tylenol.

I do agree that no social class is insulated, but yes you are right, you can choose. The biggest thing we need to do IMO is have heavy regulation on the distribution of these drugs and have more education on the true dangers. If people are more educated in the first place, I certainly think they’ll think twice before “wanting” these things in the first place. Not all people, but some people.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Love Betts

One of best players I’ve ever seen and he makes that top 4 go

You pay him he will stay

I EXPECT him signing 8-10 years

I want a monster September that leaves him at
50 doubles
30 homers
150 runs scored

You make a Godfather offer